Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy future predictions

Custom Title
    The Male Pairs event gets moved from the Gay Olympics to become the fifth official discipline in Olympic Figure Skating and all ISU competitions. It becomes the most popular of all five events, with many top male skaters switching from Single to pair up to compete in this event. Female Pairs are being formed and tried out for popularity. ISU reconsiders when Singles are drained of many of their top talents and drawing power.

Fans have many more juicy speculations on couples splitting and reforming.

Ok, I've understood that if I want to spend a bit of time laughing, this is the right place

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    That's how unrealistic it is
    She can do much better.
    Yeah, you're right about that. Maybe Brad will break up with that nobody Angelina because he's secretly fallen in love with Gracie after watching her skating. That could happen. And Dicaprio will want to end his bachelor days and go for Ashley. But their union doesn't disrupt her skating, she finally finds her soft and girly side by skating a magnificent long to the Titanic soundtrack.

Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Suzuki, Miki, Ashely, Kanako, and Mirai all will have daughters next year, and they will start training at the age of 3, same time as Pyeongchang. Their daughters will compete together in 2034 Olympics on the moon.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    In an attempt to broaden their respective fan bases, the ISU and FINA collaborate on an event designed to bridge the gap between winter & summer sports: underwater synchronized skating. Early attempts are unsuccessful due to drownings caused by the weight of boots/blades, but developers remain hopeful.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    In an attempt to broaden their respective fan bases, the ISU and FINA collaborate on an event designed to bridge the gap between winter & summer sports: underwater synchronized skating. Early attempts are unsuccessful due to drownings caused by the weight of boots/blades, but developers remain hopeful.
    Wouldn't the ice melt or the water freeze....hmmm. This seems very crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Wouldn't the ice melt or the water freeze....hmmm. This seems very crazy.
    Certifiably crazy. I was just being silly; got inspired by skatefiguring (#91 above).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Certifiably crazy. I was just being silly; got inspired by skatefiguring (#91 above).
    I'm honoured and humbled that I could inspire certifiable craziness and silliness. Thank you.

Cirque du Soleil becomes involved with figure skating and all of a sudden jumpers and classical music take a back seat to gumbies, back-flips, phantom pole dances and "ambient" music; this leads to Surya Bonaly's rehabilitation as she is declared a pioneer of the "new wave" of figure skating. This further leads to concern for the moral rectitude of Yulia Lipnitskaya, Ottavio's nervous breakdown and the return of the Ice-Capades.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The Male Pairs event gets moved from the Gay Olympics to become the fifth official discipline in Olympic Figure Skating and all ISU competitions. It becomes the most popular of all five events, with many top male skaters switching from Single to pair up to compete in this event. Female Pairs are being formed and tried out for popularity. ISU reconsiders when Singles are drained of many of their top talents and drawing power.

Fans have many more juicy speculations on couples splitting and reforming.
    Imagine the SBS/throw quads!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Imagine the SBS/throw quads!

SBS quads will be the deciding winning factor. As well, either partner could do the throwing and lifting. There will be unique variety with every Pair and program.

The first ratified quint will be a throw jump.

The event will be so popular that it is not a domain of gay skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I'm honoured and humbled that I could inspire certifiable craziness and silliness. Thank you.
    You're very welcome. Although TBH, for me it doesn't take much. Always delighted to find new sources of inspiration, though!

Re: SBS/throw quads (CSG), for a moment my fevered imagination thought that meant throw quads done SBS. You want certifiable? Coming right up...

Custom Title
    Eh, I still think (quint) throws and lifts will be a challenge for same-gender pairs. SBS quads will be fantastic though!

So, if we put this thread together: Everyone will travel to Pyeongchang in boats due to being security hazards. Male-male pairs will compete in the next Olympics in an underwater rink organized by ISU president Yuna Kim, her vice-president Patrick Chan, and tech controller Sarah Hughes. Aliona Savchenko and Brian Joubert will win OGM by default because female-male pairs will be so depleted by that time--their only opponent is Moskvina/Mishin, since V/T retired midway through the quad. Michelle Kwan, Carolina Kostner, and Adelina "I want to piss everyone off!" Sotnikova will compete for gold in ladies, while the men's competition is graced by both the kid Cha Joon-Hwan and the two-time champion Dick Button. Russian teams make a big dramafest in ice dance, but a last-minute comeback by D/W or V/M spoils the party. Then they all have a ninja-fight team event in the underwater rink, where hopefully no one dies from either blades or drowning.

...Did I miss anything?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Eh, I still think (quint) throws and lifts will be a challenge for same-gender pairs. SBS quads will be fantastic though!

So, if we put this thread together: Everyone will travel to Pyeongchang in boats due to being security hazards. Male-male pairs will compete in the next Olympics in an underwater rink organized by ISU president Yuna Kim, her vice-president Patrick Chan, and tech controller Sarah Hughes. Aliona Savchenko and Brian Joubert will win OGM by default because female-male pairs will be so depleted by that time--their only opponent is Moskvina/Mishin, since V/T retired midway through the quad. Michelle Kwan, Carolina Kostner, and Adelina "I want to piss everyone off!" Sotnikova will compete for gold in ladies, while the men's competition is graced by both the kid Cha Joon-Hwan and the two-time champion Dick Button. Russian teams make a big dramafest in ice dance, but a last-minute comeback by D/W or V/M spoils the party. Then they all have a ninja-fight team event in the underwater rink, where hopefully no one dies from either blades or drowning.

...Did I miss anything?

What you missed is the real future, which will be stranger than fiction or crazy predictions.

^

Sandpiper, sounds like you've just about got it covered!

But here's yet another idea: Putin teams up w/ Speedy for the male pairs event but then they have the mother of all fights about costumes, whereupon Putin whacks Speedy w/ a Birkin bag, knocking him out cold (only momentarily; stay tuned). Their historic collaboration dissolves in gallons of tears and the Twitter network explodes. Putin marches indignantly back to the hockey team in high dudgeon while Speedy wakes up and goes back to...what else? Speedskating.

Meanwhile, the IOC gets major kudos from the eco-community for recycling the gallons of tears to fill the underwater rink. And someone else recycles Adrian Schultheiss' "insane" costume (the one that looks like a strait jacket), wrestles yours truly into it, and sends me off to a heavily-guarded facility for crazed figure skating fans where I reach new levels of lunacy...but can't catch a break on PCS, much less GOE.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast