Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy future predictions

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar
    ISU president annexes Iceland and declares himself King of Everything Icy. For some reason nobody objects.
    He combines curling and figure skating into one event. At the same time.
    Curling takes place in the middle of the rink.
    The men have to perform jumps over the moving curling stones and players. Bonus points for whoever manages not to break any bones when hydroblading under the brooms limbo-style.
    The women now only have to do various spins in circles around the curling team. The winner is the one who passes out last. This will stop after a few seasons because nobody can afford the insurance fee anymore. Too many ladies had spun out of control and flew into the audience like propellers. Many female skaters retired because of this change, but made a new career as human knife throwers.
    Pairs is abolished because there's no real difference to Ice dance anyway.
    Ice dance gets moved to the Summer Olympics and must now be performed on roller skates.
    Figure skaters will no longer have a problem with costumes. They all have to wear the outfits of their respective nation's women's beach volleyball team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Pamina~ View Post
    Figure skaters will no longer have a problem with costumes. They all have to wear the outfits of their respective nation's women's beach volleyball team.
    The men too?!

^ especially! Duh!

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    The men have to perform jumps over the moving curling stones and players. Bonus points for whoever manages not to break any bones when hydroblading under the brooms limbo-style.
    Pamina, your post made me start me LOLing all over again but the part about hydroblading sent me completely over...uh...the edge. Hilarious!

Have to ask: is your screen name a reference to Mozart's "The Magic Flute?"

yes, it is. my parents decided to inflict opera on me when I was a child, and some of it made an impression (besides, I always thought it was just a beautiful name )

Banned
    looking for more figure skating scandal in the future

Morozov decides to start dating women closer to his age; figure skating moms who had decided to sacrifice their child for glory go berserk!

Banned
    based on what we've seen off season I/Z will struggle while S/K will have a good debut
    also seems Anna might struggle next season because of developing weight issue
    S/M and B/D will have a good debut in pairs
    Yuzu will dominate the next quad, other will only play catch up
    Gracie will bring FS mainstream not only as a skater but bringing the FS sport more name in Hollywood

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Morozov decides to start dating women closer to his age;

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar

yes, it is. my parents decided to inflict opera on me when I was a child, and some of it made an impression (besides, I always thought it was just a beautiful name )
    Yes, it is a lovely name! (though I'm kind of a Ppppppppapagena/Ppppppppapageno gal myself. )

Medalist
    This may be more of wish thinking than a crazy prediction but anyway I'll predict that Liza Kulik will be on the 2018 US Olympic team (I think she'd be age eligible - if not then this is an even crazier prediction).

[Cinquanta] combines curling and figure skating into one event. At the same time. Curling takes place in the middle of the rink. The men have to perform jumps over the moving curling stones and players. Bonus points for whoever manages not to break any bones when hydroblading under the brooms limbo-style. The women now only have to do various spins in circles around the curling team…
    I can totally see this sport!

BTW, in an earlier version of Golden Skate we had a poster named Tomino.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    based on what we've seen off season I/Z will struggle while S/K will have a good debut
    S/M and B/D will have a good debut in pairs
    Yuzu will dominate the next quad, other will only play catch up
    Gracie will bring FS mainstream not only as a skater but bringing the FS sport more name in Hollywood
    I'm so glad this is the "crazy future predictions" thread! I didn't know you had such a sense of humor, sky_fly! I thought these would be more along real predictions for you... I am pleasantly surprised!

~ Pamina ~ Many female skaters retired because of this change, but made a new career as human knife throwers.
    LMFAO!!! All of your predictions! Just love it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    This may be more of wish thinking than a crazy prediction but anyway I'll predict that Liza Kulik will be on the 2018 US Olympic team (I think she'd be age eligible - if not then this is an even crazier prediction).
    Further to this: I predict the RFSF and the USFSA having an almighty tug-of-war over this mightily talented young lady who is both Russian and American by default until she's 18...

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Finally you understood in which topic these comments of yours do belong.
    Brava!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast