Crazy future predictions | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Crazy future predictions

anyanka

Record Breaker
I would actually love that.

And when Lady Gaga finds out, she decides to produce 'Gaga On Ice.' Tara and Johnny are the headliners, Gaga's skating double is Gracie :laugh:

This might actually happen. Will someone Tweet this idea at her Gagaship?

anyanka

Record Breaker
"I'mma gonna let you finish, but Plushy & Mushy had the best pairs routine of ALL TIME! ALL TIME, YA HEAR ME! Now give them their gold medal before I end the universe!"

I'm unsure who Mushy is ... are you saying Mishkutenok and Zhenya get together? Because I WANT TO SEE THAT. I really really want to see.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mushy is Yuzuru with a mushroom haircut I believe :slink: :p

I want to see plushy with Ashley Wagner. Sass and Sassy.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm unsure who Mushy is ... are you saying Mishkutenok and Zhenya get together? Because I WANT TO SEE THAT. I really really want to see.
No, no, see my crazy prediction on post #135. Mushy is Yuzuru. Came out of one of ~Pamina~'s daydreams after Yuzu recently re-adopted the mushroom haircut during the Together on Ice show. :biggrin: (Full craziness on Yuzu Fan Fest).

...I hadn't even thought of Mishkutenok coming out of retirement. Though why not? I suggested Dick Button returning to eligible competition, and he's older than everyone else mentioned put together!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
"I'mma gonna let you finish, but Plushy & Mushy had the best pairs routine of ALL TIME! ALL TIME, YA HEAR ME! Now give them their gold medal before I end the universe!"

Now wait just a dang minute. The entity on the phone/Twitter/wherever is the deity, right?

So the nuns in grade school told me that the deity is all-powerful. However, it sounds like you're suggesting that the deity can end the world but isn't powerful enough to decide who gets the OGM. Huh? :scratch: Then again, this is figure skating, a parallel universe where...um...the judges & tech panel are indeed more powerful than the deity (and people are running around screaming "Off with her head...")

Aha, NOW I've got it: the deity ends one universe but the strange parallel world of FS goes on ad infinitum while its rulers keep debating the OGM until the cows come home and/or Dick Button stops complaining about sloppy layback positions, whichever comes first. My money's on the cows, BTW.

And Plushy & Mushy & Flopsy, Mopsy, & Cottontail all lived happily ever after. Or not....

Thanks to everyone for keeping me entertained today! :bow: :clap:

EDIT: oh, dear. I think I misunderstood Sandpiper's post and that shoots my little scenario all to heck in a handbasket. :slink:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^And allows same-sex pair couples, skating on frozen chocolate, and possibly bans Dick Button from talking about laybacks ever again?

(Lol, my original post said the universe would end because of the contradictions created by Plushenko's time-travelling. When did deities suddenly become a part of it? :laugh:)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
No, no, see my crazy prediction on post #135. Mushy is Yuzuru. Came out of one of ~Pamina~'s daydreams after Yuzu recently re-adopted the mushroom haircut during the Together on Ice show. :biggrin: (Full craziness on Yuzu Fan Fest)
1. I don't daydream. Sometimes I just see stuff and draw conclusions. Totally different. It's more of a Cassandra thing (which I now realize is absolutely perfect for a future predictions thread)
2. To be fair, it's not really the Fan Fest, I think it's just us :popcorn:

I could see Yulia becoming president in like 30 years if she wanted to.
I'm all for that. I predict she could even stop that end of the universe thing and stare down those horsemen (should they ever get the call and saddle up)

anyanka

Record Breaker
^And allows same-sex pair couples, skating on frozen chocolate, and possibly bans Dick Button from talking about laybacks ever again?

(Lol, my original post said the universe would end because of the contradictions created by Plushenko's time-travelling. When did deities suddenly become a part of it? :laugh:)

This thread is getting weirder and weirder and I love it.
Also, I'm waiting for "Blades of Glory" to become reality.
Especially the Amy Poehler / Will Arnett hip-hop number.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe it will finally happen. Since Yulia and Yuna are robots they will combine to form the ultimate skater/president for the ISU. Yunia Kimnitskaya's reign can begin!! First order of buisiness will be to create level 15 spins and a mandatory radar gun to clock all spins. If you cant spin faster than her in any competition she enters, which will be all of them, no points for you! Bwahahahahahahahaha

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States

Anayanka did it; see post # 150 (or thereabouts). :biggrin: Then I sort of jumped to conclusions about your post re: "give them their gold medal before I end the universe," assuming you were referring to the deity. Totally forgot about the time traveling part.

Between time travel & the apocalypse, this thread is starting to take on sort of a sci-fi flavor. Not to mention surrealistic. Melted watches, anyone? Melted chocolate? Melted chocolate watches?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Anayanka did it; see post # 150 (or thereabouts). :biggrin: Then I sort of jumped to conclusions about your post re: "give them their gold medal before I end the universe," assuming you were referring to the deity. Totally forgot about the time traveling part.

Between time travel & the apocalypse, this thread is starting to take on sort of a sci-fi flavor. Not to mention surrealistic. Melted watches, anyone? Melted chocolate? Melted chocolate watches?

We should totally "Inception" this, or do like in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" by altering the fates of figure skating judges and their actions. Then we can change judges' scores as we see fit, and also help out those skaters who choked at the Olympics and give them that little boost to get to the gold that eluded them (e.g. Ira in 06, Kwan in 02, Kurt in 92 and 94).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^I feel like there's some kind of connection to the "obsession" thread here... "You know you're obsessed with figure skating when you spend £5.00 on chocolate that's only tangentially related to the thread topic."