Sochi Olympics Programs | Golden Skate

Sochi Olympics Programs

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Where can you find video performances of the different disciplines from Sochi?

I'd like to see Carolina's performance with British commentators :)

Amei

Record Breaker
There are a few on the Olympics page on Youtube, but other than that I haven't been able to find any.

Alba

Record Breaker
Where can you find video performances of the different disciplines from Sochi?

I'd like to see Carolina's performance with British commentators :)

Ladies individual you can find it on torrent but as the other user said it's in german.

Pairs&Men&Dance is from NBC while team events with Canadian commentators.

Alba

Record Breaker
Anything you need is right here. http://www.nbcolympics.com/sport/figure-skating

There is a search bar in the top right. You can watch anything you want. Not British commentary though. :eek:hwell:

You can watch them in europe, I think. At least in Italy you can't.

I'm a technical idiot, so I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. This is a link to the torrent short dance:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9628...Skating.(16_feb).Ice.Dance.Short.Dance.Q.720p

Stupid question: how do I download it? Do I have to sign up? When I clicked on of the multiple download "links", it downloaded to TextEdit (I use a MacBook Pro). Help!!!!!

You don't need to sign up in order to download but you do need to download and install first the Bitorrent.
It's easy but you should check with google first to see how it works because I have no idea about Mac.

Once there you click on download torrent file not other engines type files.

titatovenaar

Rinkside
I'm a technical idiot, so I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. This is a link to the torrent short dance:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9628...Skating.(16_feb).Ice.Dance.Short.Dance.Q.720p

Stupid question: how do I download it? Do I have to sign up? When I clicked on of the multiple download "links", it downloaded to TextEdit (I use a MacBook Pro). Help!!!!!

First you'll need to download and install a torrent client. There are many different clients but I suggest something like http://www.utorrent.com

Once you have that installed, click on the little magnet icon in the link you provided and the file should start downloading inside the utorrent client.

The thing you need to understand about torrents is that when you click on one you are both downloading from and uploading to (sharing with) others at the same time. And while this makes downloading files fast in general, it does have a tendency to clog up your internet connection. So I suggest you disable features like "start utorrent everytime you boot your mac" and set some limits on your upload speed in utorrent's options depending on the speed of your internet connection.

If you need more help dont be afraid to ask.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
This is unreal. How can they not be allowed on Youtube? It's been months since the Olympics. Such bs.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
This is unreal. How can they not be allowed on Youtube? It's been months since the Olympics. Such bs.

The official IOC Youtube channel (Olympic) has full replays of everything from London 2012, but those took a while to upload IIRC (i.e. several months). Unfortunately, patience may be key here.
Yes, I also find it ridiculous that the IOC tears down literally every Olympic video (from a broadcaster, not fan cam videos) that they come across - way to discourage viewership...

Alba

Record Breaker

Yep. I put a video from Sochi, just for a test and within 12 hours I think they put it down because of IOC. Now I'm using Dailymotion and it seem there are no problems.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yep. I put a video from Sochi, just for a test and within 12 hours I think they put it down because of IOC. Now I'm using Dailymotion and it seem there are no problems.

Yes, Dailymotion is far better if you're going to post something that might get pulled. A lot of the copies of Jason's SP from this season, for example, were posted to Dailymotion because Youtube kept muting the sound.

The one that still makes me angry is the yanking of the Riverdance video with the 4.4million+ views. I loved going and looking at that stat. The video wasn't exactly flying under the radar, and suddenly four months on it's given ol' yank-o? Huh?

Alba

Record Breaker
The one that still makes me angry is the yanking of the Riverdance video with the 4.4million+ views. I loved going and looking at that stat. The video wasn't exactly flying under the radar, and suddenly four months on it's given ol' yank-o? Huh?

That's stupid yeah.

I'm going to upload his performance at Sochi as well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They're still periodically taking down the Torino medallist videos. Which wouldn't be a problem, if only they'd upload it to the official Youtube. Instead, we get clips. Clips with Lambiel and Buttle messing up. Seriously, are the uploaders Lambiel-Buttle haters or just trying to make the sport look bad?

Anyway, I second the notion: I'd like to see videos of Sochi performances with the Eurosport commentator + I think it was the Australian lady. That's what the official Youtube is using, but they're only uploading certain videos, and just the long programs to boot.