Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 245

Thread: Grace Gold - too princessy?

  1. #166
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,007
    TBH the reason I brought up doggies in the first place, yes it was me, was to divert people from bashing Gracie. Her threads invite a lot of criticism and this one was no exception. Like I posted before what is cheesy or plastic-y to some may be meaningful or deeply expressive to others. As ironic as this may sound: some people like cats and some like dogs. It seems silly to push dogs onto a cat person and vice versa. If Gracie is so unappealing to some why not just look to other skaters and let her do her thing.

  2. #167
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    "This experience has been absolutely amazing and hopefully my relationship with Ms. Gold will continue for years to come."

    Wow, "relationship"?! This guy better be careful... sky_fly will be pissed if anyone tries to get between her and her Gracie.
    Actually, it just reminded me of this:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/120676...5/14003248438/

  3. #168
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Wow, "relationship"?! This guy better be careful... sky_fly will be pissed if anyone tries to get between her and her Gracie.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Actually, it just reminded me of this:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/120676...5/14003248438/

  4. #169
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinnerA View Post
    I thought the topic was Princess Gracie and now it has veered off into the subject of dogs! Soooo, I have had only one dog (an Irish setter) in my entire life and guess what? Her name was Princess!
    I have a Dalmatian that I refer to as "Her Royal Highness" because she rules the house.

    --And on the prom topic, I felt really bad for Gracie when that interviewer kind of backed her into a corner about giving prom guy an answer. I assumed all along that the SOI schedule wouldn't allow it. This asking people out via YouTube stuff is kind of getting old.

  5. #170
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    "relationship?" Yuck...the guy sounds like possible stalker material to me. Maybe sky_fly could get a gig as Gracie's bodyguard?
    Yeah, that quote came off as stalkerish. I know he's just a kid, but add 20 years to him and that same quote would get him a restraining order.

    sky_fly would make a horrible bodyguard. She'd be too busy fawning over Gracie's gorgeous blondeness that she would lose sight of would-be stalkers and attackers. Also, Gracie isn't exactly famous or rich or important enough to be bodyguard-worthy. She ain't Whitney, gurl.

  6. #171
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    ^ Hopefully she immediately told him off-camera that it was unlikely she could/would go. As much as I disliked that she was put on the spot, I hate it when girls lead guys on/stand them up. It's not that hard to just say no...

    The whole YT production smacked of an attention ploy, but then maybe I'm just low-key and this is the new normal...

    I'd cut him slack for use of the word "relationship". If you deal with someone, or are in contact with someone (sounds like that's what's going on between him and GG), naturally you have a relationship with that person. I don't see the problem?

  7. #172
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    The whole YT production smacked of an attention ploy, but then maybe I'm just low-key and this is the new normal...
    I disagree, I think Gold was put on the spot and handled herself quite well. But bringing this whole thing up later, is just a... "who cares?" moment. Although, I'm surprised 5 new Gracie threads haven't been created, solely about her not going to prom.

  8. #173
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    ^ Hopefully she immediately told him off-camera that it was unlikely she could/would go. As much as I disliked that she was put on the spot, I hate it when girls lead guys on/stand them up. It's not that hard to just say no...
    But it is though. Especially for a young girl who was put in front of the cameras live on TV.

  9. #174
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    But it is though. Especially for a young girl who was put in front of the cameras live on TV.
    I was watching some TV show on NBC a few years back- it may have been the Apprentice - and as a reward for completing some task, the men's team got to hang out on a tennis court with none other than Anna Kournikova. At the end of the round, just before they left, one of the young guys approached Kournikova and asked her out to dinner, on national TV. She turned him down, but all I remember is thinking that kid had guts

    If Gold had mentioned on-air her tour conflict, I don't think she would have caught flack for it. It's a legit excuse/prior commitment she had.

  10. #175
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I was watching some TV show on NBC a few years back- it may have been the Apprentice - and as a reward for completing some task, the men's team got to hang out on a tennis court with none other than Anna Kournikova. At the end of the round, just before they left, one of the young guys approached Kournikova and asked her out to dinner, on national TV. She turned him down, but all I remember is thinking that kid had guts

    If Gold had mentioned on-air her tour conflict, I don't think she would have caught flack for it. It's a legit excuse/prior commitment she had.
    I agree with you though, it take some guts to ask Kournikova out.

    The things is though that it was his initiative right? Kournikova was not put in front of a fait accompli by the producers, like Gracie was.

    I suppose Gracie could've come out with an excuse or just say that she was bussy on tour, it seems that's the truth anyway, but maybe she was caught by surprise. I actually have not seen the video of how it happened.

  11. #176
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    TBH the reason I brought up doggies in the first place, yes it was me, was to divert people from bashing Gracie. Her threads invite a lot of criticism and this one was no exception. Like I posted before what is cheesy or plastic-y to some may be meaningful or deeply expressive to others. As ironic as this may sound: some people like cats and some like dogs. It seems silly to push dogs onto a cat person and vice versa. If Gracie is so unappealing to some why not just look to other skaters and let her do her thing.
    Understood and agreed, S-S.

    Just to be clear: my crack about "again with the doggie stuff" yesterday was a dig @ myself, not you. People who know me well know that I'm ready to talk dogs, cats, and just about any other critters @ the drop of a hat. It gets old after a while -- hence my "sheesh" of self-recognition. It ain't you!

  12. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    be fair, Gracie doesnt need the guy from Malibu
    no idea how that turned out, as there was no news about their prom or any pics appearing

    Gracie may look powerful with her speed and big jumps
    but because of her beauty type and her being quintessential blonde hollywood look they suit Gracie ideally for the Princess look
    Gracie looks so much like Grace Kelly, wonder if her mother had something to do with naming her Gracie because of Grace Kelly ?

  13. #178
    Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    875
    ^ Grace Kelly was beautiful not just for her extraordinary looks but also -- and much more importantly -- because she was uniquely herself.

    Comparisons to Grace Kelly are a disservice to Gracie. She needs to be allowed to develop her own beauty and her own style in her own way.

  14. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    ^ Grace Kelly was beautiful not just for her extraordinary looks but also -- and much more importantly -- because she was uniquely herself.

    Comparisons to Grace Kelly are a disservice to Gracie. She needs to be allowed to develop her own beauty and her own style in her own way.
    I do see alot of similarity with Gracie and Grace not just with their names, their facial features look similar
    they are both blonde, quintessential classic hollywood beauty and has this elegant aura

    I think the media in US is interested in Gracie not just because of her last name
    she this classic American girl next door sweetheart that the US media probably waited for so long
    not to mention she has what it takes to be a World champion that US has missed for 8 years now
    speed, power, body type and big jumps is Gracie's trademark

  15. #180
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but because of her beauty type and her being quintessential blonde hollywood look they suit Gracie ideally for the Princess look
    Gracie looks so much like Grace Kelly, wonder if her mother had something to do with naming her Gracie because of Grace Kelly ?
    Oh no you did not just compare a Disney Princess-wanabe to Grace Kelly...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •