Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Grace Gold - too princessy?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    ^ Hopefully she immediately told him off-camera that it was unlikely she could/would go. As much as I disliked that she was put on the spot, I hate it when girls lead guys on/stand them up. It's not that hard to just say no...
    But in this case, Gracie was in a total lose-lose situation. She couldn't say no, or she'd have been treated as an evil heartless b*tch for doing that to a poor sweet kid on live national television. She didn't want to say yes, but she was put in a situation where she pretty much had no choice. Which is why I hate it so much and think the guy's a real douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    She turned him down, but all I remember is thinking that kid had guts
    Yes, but I'll bet Kournikova got some serious flack for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie may look powerful with her speed and big jumps
    but because of her beauty type and her being quintessential blonde hollywood look they suit Gracie ideally for the Princess look
    Gracie looks so much like Grace Kelly, wonder if her mother had something to do with naming her Gracie because of Grace Kelly ?
    You are the sort of person Gracie needs a restraining order against. No. Just no.

As an aside, I know Jason Brown also got a few prom invites, and planned on going with everyone who had asked him at that stage. Whether this happened or not I don't know. Either way, I know he mustn't have accepted all the invites...because hell hath no fury like an entitled brat teenage girl on twitter who has been scorned. Honey, tweeting at Jason in such an aggressive manner every day about coming to your prom is really not going to make him want to go to your prom...

Custom Title
    be fair, Gracie doesnt need the guy from Malibu
    no idea how that turned out, as there was no news about their prom or any pics appearing
    prom is tomorrow, so there is still hope...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    prom is tomorrow, so there is still hope...
    you never know

also the haters here coming out in full force using this thread is getting old
    I guess Beauty is indeed threatening

Custom Title
    "I don't know if sky fly wants to be Gracie or skin her and wear her like last year's Versace"

Custom Title
    you never know

also the haters here coming out in full force using this thread is getting old
    I guess Beauty is indeed threatening
    I think by the time Pyeongchang rolls around a grown up Edmunds will be much more striking and ethereal than Gracie. And Gracie's generically pretty for sure but I hope Frank and lori find a better hair colorist. Her roots are distracting.

I'm glad she got out of prom though after Extra put her in such an awkward spot

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    I can see Irina doing one if she tried hard enough.
    I congratulate you for your wild imagination.
    She did worked and tried hard. In fact she did improved a lot, but you just can't have beautiful lines when you don't have the body as well to support you.
    There is a reason why they choose certain types for ballerina since they are children. Besides, certain things either you have it or you don't, and it should be natural like Natalia Mishkutenok. It's not something they can teach you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    "I don't know if sky fly wants to be Gracie or skin her and wear her like last year's Versace"
    "It puts the lotion on its skin ... or it gets the hose again."

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    Poor Gracie! I am crying for her!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think by the time Pyeongchang rolls around a grown up Edmunds will be much more striking and ethereal than Gracie. And Gracie's generically pretty for sure but I hope Frank and lori find a better hair colorist. Her roots are distracting.

I'm glad she got out of prom though after Extra put her in such an awkward spot
    Yes, she has a date with sky_fly20 to get to, ya know!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I congratulate you for your wild imagination.
    She did worked and tried hard. In fact she did improved a lot, but you just can't have beautiful lines when you don't have the body as well to support you.
    And what exactly is the body you need to have beautiful lines? Do you mean that there is a specific body type?

Banned
    Gracie clearly has some inherent technical talent as happens with skaters that are gifted with certain body proportions/stamina/flexibility. It's a great edge to have, especially when you're competing against skaters like Ashley Wagner or any of the myriad of lower-ranked skaters who work their butts off but just don't have the physical attributes that allow them to move effortlessly across the ice the way the top top girls do.

The problem is, Gracie doesn't seem to be a natural performer the way that the best girls are. She can appropriate certain moves that make her appear a certain way (elegant, regal, sexy, whatever) but unfortunately it just looks a bit affected. I don't know that changing her choreography and style of music can really mask the artistic deficiencies of someone who isn't inherently a gifted interpreter of music.

That said, I do believe she can improve. I just don't think she'll ever be a Yuna, Mao, Carolina or Michelle.

It's strange. Adelina Sotnikova is a rather ugly skater in comparison with Gracie. Her landing positions are not pretty, she runs through her choreography like she's on crack and she definitely does not exude class or elegance. But in a weird way she is a better skater than Gracie because she does seem to feel the emotion of her music. She may make it look horrid on the ice, but underneath all that ugly skating you can tell she sort of gets the music. Doesn't mean she's actually a great skater..she's definitely not...but just comparing her with Gracie, you have two girls of the same age who really represent opposite poles of the skating spectrum.

Custom Title
    I don't know, gettinglow. Yulia Lipnitskaya can't hear or feel the music either and people seem to love her, but I'd still rather watch Gracie. At least I can be confident that Gracie isn't about to lose all her jumps.

I think Gracie is probably in that transition period where she's trying to find an identity for herself in skating. That's all right. We'll see what happens. And at least she tries.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Yulia Lipnitskaya can't hear or feel the music either and people seem to love her, b.
    Because you always forget that Yulia "can't hear or feel the music" for you. It's what you feel, think and see.
    People are not the same, so others, like me, thinks she is gorgeous who can feel, hear and interpret the music.
    This is how this sports works. Some skaters will give you and some not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    And what exactly is the body you need to have beautiful lines? Do you mean that there is a specific body type?
    Michelle Kwan, Yuna Kim, Carolina etc., the list can goes on, all have good body lines for a skater. A good spiral made by one of these skaters will always look more beautiful than one made by someone like Irina or Tonya harding, no matter how proper technically that spiral is made by the later skaters. Irina, which by the way I loved, was playing at her strength and rightly so.
    She could have never been a Kwan, Mao or Yuna. Never.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Michelle Kwan, Yuna Kim, Carolina etc., the list can go on, all have good body lines for a skater. A good spiral made by one of these skaters will always look more beautiful than one made by someone like Irina or Tonya harding, no matter how proper technically that spiral is made by the later skaters. Irina, which by the way I loved, was playing at her strength and rightly so.
    She could neve have been a Kwan, Mao or Yuna. Never.
    Well perhaps those skaters have good body lines to you. Maybe others have a different idea. After all, people are not the same.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast