Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Grace Gold - too princessy?

Once and for all -- THAT "SOME" RHYTHMIC GYMNAST IS A 3-TIME WORLD CHAMPION AND MULTIPLE EUROPEAN CHAMPION -- everything that Gracie Gold is not.

No need to be jealous, skyfly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Once and for all -- THAT "SOME" RHYTHMIC GYMNAST IS A 3-TIME WORLD CHAMPION AND MULTIPLE EUROPEAN CHAMPION -- everything that Gracie Gold is not.

No need to be jealous, skyfly.
    who cares ? they are of a different sport discipline
    you make it sound like RG is a FS that Gracie should envy

stop the vile hate and insecurity thrown at a young beautiful girl

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    who cares ? they are of a different sport discipline
    you make it sound like RG is a FS that Gracie should envy

Stop the vile hate at everyone who is not Gracie Gold then.

Who cares? Taylor Swift are of a different sport discipline. You make it sound like Taylor Swift is a FS that Grace should envy....... Quoting you and adding Taylor Swift's name instead.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Gracie's exposure in Hollywood will bring mainstream for FS and her name in the US
    rhythmic gymnast will not.
    and why should Elena be concerned with what happens in USA, and since when people should choose with whom to be friends based on what FS wants?
    By the way, take it easy with Gracie and Hollywood exposure. Having a picture with T.Swift during the pre or post Olympics it's not going to bring mainstream for FS.

no need to hate on a beautiful young attractive fresh girl
    Like Osmond for example? I think you should take a long look on a mirror and repeat that.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    You know what...while I think a figure skaters hanging out with a rhythmic gymnast is no big deal and probably downright useful. I could see Taylor having a positive influence on Gracie. Taylor took the world by storm under her own terms. She wrote lyrics and was involved in her image. Everything was done with her influence if not out right by her demands. If Gracie , heaven forbid, goes Hollywood. At least it's with a fairly headstrong girl who serves as a role model for many young girls. I'm not into the Hollywood type one bit but if you have to choose one to be around...a nice strong willed country girl is a good choice IMO.

I agree and if Gracie Gold wants to make a name for herself in Hollywood and become an actor/singer/host/etc. then having connections with Taylor Swift is helpful. Gracie is very pretty and has a memorable name/image.

But will knowing Taylor Swift help her land her jumps? No. And if she can't become consistent and win something big in the near future she won't be remembered all that much. However, everyone has a right to be with whoever they want and if Gold wants to hang out with a singer and Ilinykh wants to be friends with a gymnast let them do so.

I think we veered off a little with gymnasts and country singers. To get back on topic … I don't think Lori Nicole (World Figure Skating Hall of Fame choreographer ) is to blame for the uneven success of Max Aaron's Carmen program. I think it was Max himself who wanted to push his skating in a more "artistic" direction. I think it was Max who felt that he had something unique to say with the usual selection of music from the opera, and Lori helped him work it out as best she could.

Was the experiment a bust? We will have to see what the future brings.

(OK, back skater's dogs. )

Custom Title
    to answer the question:

to answer the question, Gracie isn't too princessy, she is reviving the quinesential US Figure
    she is in a unique point amongst US Ladies she combines her beauty with high technical goods that US ladies lacked in 2007-2009
    now she is setting a trend amongst American skaters, no US Ladies are back with difficult 3-3's
    Gracie's style is more sophisticated hollywood look than princesy
    what her biggest asset is her power, speed, great technique, big jump and 3-3
    her being a beautiful girl compared to other current new generation ladies is just icing on the cake

If she wins Boston 2016, I predict a revival in US FS Ladies popularity
    Gracie is alreday well known in the hollywood circuit, Taylor Swift etc.
    If only Gracie were as consistent as you are...

Gold has yet to win a Grand Prix event, and has had lukewarm GP showings so far. In 2007, Meissner won a GP event; Caroline Zhang also had better GP results than Gold had this past season (or any of her GP season). In 2008, Flatt had better GP results than Gold had this past season (and a 5th at Worlds like Gold), and Czisny had the same GP results. In 2009, Flatt, Wagner, and Czisny all had better GP results than Gold had this past season. I also don't see anything Gold has done that Czisny hadn't achieved in the 2010 season, 5th at Worlds for both of them and Czisny actually won a GP event and a GP bronze, and won the GPF -- certainly more than Gold has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    But will knowing Taylor Swift help her land her jumps? No. And if she can't become consistent and win something big in the near future she won't be remembered all that much. However, everyone has a right to be with whoever they want and if Gold wants to hang out with a singer and Ilinykh wants to be friends with a gymnast let them do so.
    Exactly. Before she can become a big name, she's got to actually win competitions.

Custom Title
    Ummm.... Osmond?!?!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I think I might start a "Skaters and Their Pets" thread in fan fest!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think we veered off a little with gymnasts and country singers. To get back on topic … I don't think Lori Nicole (World Figure Skating Hall of Fame choreographer ... is to blame for the uneven success of Max Aaron's Carmen program. I think it was Max himself who wanted to push his skating in a more "artistic" direction. I think it was Max who felt that he had something unique to say with the usual selection of music from the opera, and Lori helped him work it out as best she could.

Was the experiment a bust? We will have to see what the future brings.

(OK, back skater's dogs. )
    In that case, here is a very sweet photo of a younger Max Aaron with his doggie.

It's from an old NBC Olympics photo gallery of Sochi hopefuls from all sports (including other skaters such as Gracie Gold) and their dogs.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    Both the doggies are soooo cute
    But the most princessy critter belongs to the girl you might least expect it from:
    http://instagram.com/p/n6ENcoCr8D/

I'm Team Dog, btw
    lol, A.W. is both Team Dog and Team Cat. Over the years, she has posted multiple photos of herself enjoying the company of non-princess-y dogs. Pretty sure that they belong to her or her family.
    (In any case, I'm with you, desertskates. Team Dog rules.)

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ... Later Aaron moved to Colorado Springs to train alongside Abbott under coach Tom Z.
    Sorry for nitpicking, and I'm not 100% sure of the chronology, but I thought Abbott already had moved on to Detroit before Aaron started with Tom Z???

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    If only Gracie were as consistent as you are...

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    for me Julia's puppy is more princessy.
    IDK, I think it's a tossup. Julia's is a Pomeranian (I think) and Gracie's is a Japanese Chin. Both are toy breeds -- stereotypical princess props. Both would probably fit in a purse, although let's hope neither Julia nor Gracie resorts to that.

More to the point, both pups are completely adorable. Wishing them and their respective humans a lot of happy years together!

Re: "she," just messing w/ you.

Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    IDK, I think it's a tossup. Julia's is a Pomeranian (I think) and Gracie's is a Japanese Chin. Both are toy breeds -- stereotypical princess props. Both would probably fit in a purse, although let's hope neither Julia nor Gracie resorts to that.

More to the point, both pups are completely adorable. Wishing them and their respective humans a lot of happy years together!

Re: "she," just messing w/ you.

I have a Tibetan terrier puppy

Custom Title
    I simply cannot fathom WHY sky_fly20 cares who Elena is friends with - what does it matter? Let her be friends with who she enjoys spending time with, not who's ranked highest. Since we're discussing rhythmic gymnasts, I'll make an example using 2 of them.

Daria Dmitrieva (2012 Olympic Silver Medalist) was one of the biggest names in RG from 2009-2012/13, before she retired due to injuries. One of her best friends is Ekaterina Malygina, a former rhythmic gymnast who's name you've probably never heard (unless you follow Daria on Instagram) because she never made it big in RG. Who cares? She and Daria are clearly very close friends, despite one being infinitely more successful than the other. Who cares?

My point is, why does it matter who Elena's friends with?

In the link posted by Golden411 above (#100), the big question is, who is cuter, Alex and Maia or their two little dogs?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast