Grace Gold - too princessy? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Grace Gold - too princessy?

That's T-E-R-R-O-R, not T-E-R-R-I-E-R according to the lady in my dog agility class who owns one. ;)

I know! As a novice dog owner I went for a wire hair fox terrier. Every time I consulted with the experts, saying "My crazy dog does this and he won't do that", the response was always, "Well, he is a terrier."

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I know! As a novice dog owner I went for a wire hair fox terrier. Every time I consulted with the experts, saying "My crazy dog does this and he won't do that", the response was always, "Well, he is a terrier."

You betcha! One of my cousins and his wife used to breed Westies (show quality -- Westminster and everything :) ). Their favorite line was, "There's the right way, the wrong way, and the terrier way."

noskates

Record Breaker
Right now I think Polina is all arms and legs.....and she needs to ditch those silly braids she wears in competition. But then - she's young. I think a lot of what's being discussed here is based on last season and not whatever reality will come with next season. Gracie will have been with Frank for over a year and Polina will have another year of her age. In the meantime, it's really kind of inane to discuss hairstyles, costumes, music....it's going to change.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This thread has no clear direction. It's like ghost riding a bike. The handle bars just randomly go where they want to. Eventually the bike is going to have to hit a trash can or something. :popcorn:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Tend to agree that the thread doesn't really have a clear direction.

Still, all the doggie talk started b/c of a couple of posts a few days ago re: Julia's & Gracie's dogs. So it's still sorta kinda on topic although possibly headed for the outer limits. :popcorn:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Wow, no kidding? Yours truly is now turning pea green w/ envy. Really. Pea green. Per one of my earlier posts, I'm a total pushover for both dogs and cats and just about any other kind of critter as well.

:)

Well if that's what he/she is going to look like, then he/she will be one handsome/pretty dog! :)

Pepe is "he" and he has stolen my heart already..

So it's still sorta kinda on topic although possibly headed for the outer limits. :popcorn:

True... Also on the erm outer limits, is Gracie's twin sister, Carly, still going to continue skating competitively? Does anyone know?

The only issue I have with Gracie's look is that she just needs to make sure her dresses cover her chest without close calls...just bring the fabric up a little higher and then start the illusion fabric if she wants... Otherwise, I think once she's really feeling more confident and consistent in skating competitions, she'll blossom and be able to portray exactly what she wants. She just needs some more experience and opportunities to learn how to connect to the audience. I feel like her coldness partly comes from nerves...As someone who can come off as snobby or as my sister dubbed me years ago - "the ice princess," I think she may just need to get more comfortable with her position now.

plushyfan I bet!! :) I can't imagine how cute he must be as a puppy right now!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
True... Also on the erm outer limits, is Gracie's twin sister, Carly, still going to continue skating competitively? Does anyone know?

The only issue I have with Gracie's look is that she just needs to make sure her dresses cover her chest without close calls...just bring the fabric up a little higher and then start the illusion fabric if she wants... Otherwise, I think once she's really feeling more confident and consistent in skating competitions, she'll blossom and be able to portray exactly what she wants. She just needs some more experience and opportunities to learn how to connect to the audience. I feel like her coldness partly comes from nerves...As someone who can come off as snobby or as my sister dubbed me years ago - "the ice princess," I think she may just need to get more comfortable with her position now.

plushyfan I bet!! :) I can't imagine how cute he must be as a puppy right now!

Yup...loved her SP dress (especially that particular shade of red :yay:) but can you imagine if she'd had a Janet Jackson-type wardrobe malfunction @ the Olys? OMG, quel Twitter meltdown!

I think/hope that as she gets more comfortable w/ herself and the changes Frank is making, her on-ice persona will become more authentic and less plastered-on (as in pageant-y).

mskater93

Record Breaker
Despite its name, it is not a member of the terrier group. :agree: Thank God!!
Doesn't matter. I am specifically referencing a Tibetan in my class who CLEARLY has a mind of his own and frustrates his handler/owner to no end. :) That being said, I had a Aussie that I lost last year to cancer and she was daddy's (Mr. Mskater) little princess to whom he could never say no. :) We have two other dogs (one we got after we lost Menina) and he has no problems telling either no. ;)

breathesgelatin

Final Flight

Someone (was it earlier in this thread??) suggested that Carly Gold could become the next Karen Kwan. I have to admit that made me giggle a bit. (I must add, I have a lot of respect for Karen Kwan as a person, businesswoman, and even skater!)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Oh, thank goodness she wasn't trapped at a prom with that douchebag.

Same, I'm no fan of Gracie Gold (I think she brings nothing new to the table and that she doesn't understand the music she skates to at all) but I hated how she got put on the spot like that. She looked like she wanted to run when he suddenly appeared in front of her and asked her to prom, so awkward for her.

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Same, I'm no fan of Gracie Gold (I think she brings nothing new to the table and that she doesn't understand the music she skates to at all) but I hated how she got put on the spot like that. She looked like she wanted to run when he suddenly appeared in front of her and asked her to prom, so awkward for her.

Yeah from what I've read that seemed like an ambush through and through to put the guy in one of her interviews. She's trying to help get people interested to the sport but not necessarily in that way. I don't blame the guy since he seems sincerely starstruck and you know, he's a high-schooler and all, but I blame the producers for being so crass for publicity. Fortunately Gracie had enough social manners to know how to respond to it "If it works out...".

I don't see Gracie as being too princess-y. She has more of a sweet, social, friendly, girl-left-door vibe for me, although maybe that is the princess-y look for some people. Ashley has more of a high school popular cheerleader feel for her face. Obviously neither of them can really change their facial structure, but I do think Ashley puts her look to good use in programs like Samson and Delilah. I haven't followed either of them that closely but from what I've seen so far it seems like Ashley is more positioning herself for Hollywood glamour compared with Gracie, while Gracie focuses less on polishing her interview skills etc. and more on her skating (i.e. interviewing is more of a "comes with the territory" type of thing for being one of the best, rather than something she relishes or that comes naturally).

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This thread has no clear direction. It's like ghost riding a bike. The handle bars just randomly go where they want to. Eventually the bike is going to have to hit a trash can or something. :popcorn:

I thought the topic was Princess Gracie and now it has veered off into the subject of dogs! Soooo, I have had only one dog (an Irish setter) in my entire life and guess what? Her name was Princess!

Alba

Record Breaker
I thought the topic was Princess Gracie and now it has veered off into the subject of dogs! Soooo, I have had only one dog (an Irish setter) in my entire life and guess what? Her name was Princess!

:laugh: