Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What music would you love to see in programs next season???

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I would love to see some-one use Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 2 in F. It's a bit specific I know but I love it and think that a lady or a classical dance or pairs team could do this justice although it would be a difficult piece to skate.

I also love the Warsaw Concerto although I think a different cut to the one the Poles used this season would do more justice to the music.

Their are some beautiful violin concertos by Mendelson that I would like to see interpreted too.

To be honest for me it is less about the music and more about who skates it and how it is interpreted. I mean yes, like anyone I get fed up with Carmen, Swan Lake, Tosca etc but I remain open to the possibility that a skater will surprise me and come up with something spectacular.

I still think Ben Ferreira needs to skate to the Evil Dead soundtrack.....but don't listen to me!:D

k.

Argentinian wonder ;)
    I would love to see any of the of top ten ice dance couples of the world skate to "It had to be you" (Frank Sinatra)
    Or something by Evanescence

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Originally posted by Longhornliz

Who is this edvin marton yall are speaking of? I'm out of the loop on this one.
    Edvin Marton is a GOD. Oh, did I say that out loud?

He's a fabulous Hungarian violinist. He did the music for Evgeni's FS, Victoria Pavuk's SP and FS, T & M's FS and he composed a special piece for Stephane Lambiel's QR at Worlds, which Stephane also used as his FS at Euros. *whew* His CD is this amazing mix of techno and classical, and alas, is not available in the US, but you can order it through amazon.co.uk. (had to get in shameless plug, sorry!)

Laura

Custom Title
    Edvin also guest starred in Plushy's exhibition number at Worlds. I still think that is one of the most diva like acts that any male skater has ever done at a World Championships. I wonder if he has a food taster as well?

Rinkside
    has anyone ever used dvorak's new world symphony?? If not, somone needs to now!! He has so much incredible music to choose from...

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Was martin the guy that came out and played on the ice before Plushy started skating? He was talented!! I was afraid he was going to fall though.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    MARTON. Edvin Marton. Yes, he played at Worlds and Euros while Evgeni skated.

Laura

Re: What music would you love to see in programs next season???

What music would you love to see in programs next season???
    Shouldn't that be "What music would you love to hear in programs next season?"

Procrastinating b/c of Worlds
    In the 8th Circle of Hell with Jamie Salé.
    I love the idea of an Edward Scissorhands program for Chait & Sakhnovsky. They could fit the characters perfectly. The music is great as well, but would be challenging for them in terms of the softness of it.

TV

Has anyone ever skated to the theme from dragon heart? Its a track they often put in movie trailers because it is so powerful.
    I think this has been used a few times by skaters. Elvis is the one I remember. Every time I hear the music I think of him.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I would love for Emanuel Sandhu to skate to Bruch's violin concerto as his LP once again, this time with David Wilson choreography and really using the gorgeous piece of music.

I would love for Yukina Ota to skate to Saint Saen's Rondo Capriccioso I know many have done this and I have seen Mikkeline Kierkgaard skating this piece almost to perfection, but I just can't stop picturing Yukina doing it. It's one of my favorite violin pieces of all time!
    Last edited by shine; 04-11-2004 at 09:25 PM.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Originally posted by diver chick
    I would love to see some-one use Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 2 in F. It's a bit specific I know but I love it and think that a lady or a classical dance or pairs team could do this justice although it would be a difficult piece to skate.
    Emaneul Sandhu skated to the gorgeous second movement of this concerto in 99 (as a slow section of his LP, Bruch was the opening). I saw a glimpse of the brilliance of what it could have been, but it was way to brief. But what I saw was just like a dream. I also hope someone skates to this music and does it justice.

Rinkside
    Originally posted by PrincessLeppard
    His CD is this amazing mix of techno and classical, and alas, is not available in the US, but you can order it through amazon.co.uk. (had to get in shameless plug, sorry!)

Laura
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    ... for the ordering info. I have been so in love with his music every since I first saw Plushy's LP this year and it's been driving me crazy not being able to hear any of his other works.

Charlotte :D

Tripping on the Podium
    What about French music like AMELIE it has a lot of expression and the piano themes are pretty good.

I also would like to see Sasha or Plushy with SCHINDLER´S LIST imagin that in Marton´s hands it could be amazing

And what about my always favorite REQUIEM FOR A DREAM there are many explosives versions that could be useful for skating

Who do you thing would be the best to perform to this music???
    (sorry for Grammar mistakes)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast