What music would you love to see in programs next season??? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What music would you love to see in programs next season???

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
Has anyone ever skated to the theme from dragon heart? Its a track they often put in movie trailers because it is so powerful.

I think this has been used a few times by skaters. Elvis is the one I remember. Every time I hear the music I think of him.

shine

Record Breaker
I would love for Emanuel Sandhu to skate to Bruch's violin concerto as his LP once again, this time with David Wilson choreography and really using the gorgeous piece of music.

I would love for Yukina Ota to skate to Saint Saen's Rondo Capriccioso :love: I know many have done this and I have seen Mikkeline Kierkgaard skating this piece almost to perfection, but I just can't stop picturing Yukina doing it. It's one of my favorite violin pieces of all time!

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
diver chick said:
I would love to see some-one use Shostakovich Piano Concerto No. 2 in F. It's a bit specific I know but I love it and think that a lady or a classical dance or pairs team could do this justice although it would be a difficult piece to skate.
Emaneul Sandhu skated to the gorgeous second movement of this concerto in 99 (as a slow section of his LP, Bruch was the opening). I saw a glimpse of the brilliance of what it could have been, but it was way to brief. But what I saw was just like a dream. I also hope someone skates to this music and does it justice.

hlagirl25

Rinkside
PrincessLeppard said:
His CD is this amazing mix of techno and classical, and alas, is not available in the US, but you can order it through amazon.co.uk. (had to get in shameless plug, sorry!)

Laura :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
... for the ordering info. I have been so in love with his music every since I first saw Plushy's LP this year and it's been driving me crazy not being able to hear any of his other works.

Charlotte :D

N@d&A

Rinkside
What about French music like AMELIE it has a lot of expression and the piano themes are pretty good.

I also would like to see Sasha or Plushy with SCHINDLER´S LIST imagin that in Marton´s hands it could be amazing

And what about my always favorite REQUIEM FOR A DREAM there are many explosives versions that could be useful for skating

Who do you thing would be the best to perform to this music???
(sorry for Grammar mistakes):laugh:

N@d&A

Rinkside
Sorry I forgot

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON

and if someone can tell me what´s the meaning of "crouching" I will be glad thank´s

Crouching means the tiger is all scrunched down on his hauches with his legs gathered under him, getting ready to pounce on his unsuspecting victim, LOL. Something like that. I think the the terms "crouching tiger" and "hidden dragon" refer to two martial arts moves.

Mathman:)

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
First of all, Charlotte, you are welcome for the ordering info...I think everyone should own Edvin's CD, but I might be slightly biased.

And I, too, think that the Schindler's List music in Marton's hands would be amazing, but I think anything he touches is gold, so again, there's that bias...

But, please, oh please, not Sasha with Edvin. I can't handle that weird, hideous spin (the BC) to Edvin's beautiful music.....:cry:

Laura :)

boggartlaura

On the Ice
mariana said:
I would love to see any of the of top ten ice dance couples of the world skate to "It had to be you" (Frank Sinatra):love:
You may get your wish, considering foxtrot is one of the rhythms for the OD next season.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Someone made mention of The Mission as a music choice and I agree that its a great choice. That said, at US Nats, it seemed like every other lower ranking skater/team was using that music!! I swear we must have heard it upteen times during that week at Nats. Its beautiful music though and I would love to see someone try it next season. :D

I also think that Michael W. Smith's Freedom CD (its all instrumental music) is wonderful for skating. A few skaters at Nats used pieces of it as well and it works great for skating. I remember that Todd Eldredge used the 'Freedom Battle' piece for his technical program in 2002-03 and it was awesome. I wouldn't mind that at all! :D

I second, or third or fourth or whatever by now, the recommendation to put several pieces of music into a vault and not to be seen for the minimum of like ten years. A few pieces need to go in there and never return though, LOL :laugh:

Ximena

Final Flight
N@d&A said:
What about French music like AMELIE it has a lot of expression and the piano themes are pretty good.

Tatiana Basova skated to Amelie this season, too bad since she didn't too well, it was very hard to see her on TV, I only saw her once at Cup of China. I did like the program though.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pardon my ignorance but why are some of the skating comps called cheesefests?

Dee