Videos from Sochi | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Videos from Sochi

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Can someone suggest me a program to cut long file videos? I need to cut some videos like ladies competition because it's big file, almost 7 GB. I can't upload files which are more than 4 GB and longer than 60 minutes on Daily. :rolleye:
Not a difficult program though. I'm good with the computer but not an expert, so something which is not difficult to handle.

Thanks. :)

I would recommend Avidemux or VLC. I've used both to cut videos down to the bits that I need. Let me know if you need any help with setting up the parameters for them.

EDIT: Whoops, VLC can convert/save videos but not cut them down to size. I had it confused with VirtualDub.

Alba

Record Breaker
I would recommend Avidemux or VLC. I've used both to cut videos down to the bits that I need. Let me know if you need any help with setting up the parameters for them.

Thank you so much. I don't know Avidemux so I'll try with that as well. VLC I have it but as a player, is that the same program?

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Thank you so much. I don't know Avidemux so I'll try with that as well. VLC I have it but as a player, is that the same program?

Whoops. VLC does have a convert/save option, but not a snippet option. I mixed it up with VirtualDub (where you can set beginning/end frame and then tell it to save only that).

Avidemux definitely does it, in fact I've been using Avidemux a lot more lately to view videos (instead of VLC) because in Avidemux, you can frame-by-frame forwards as well as backwards, while for VLC you can only frame-by-frame forwards. Avidemux also has some nice video processing options; I used its filters to convert a 25 fps interlaced video of the Olympic SP into a 50 fps non-interlaced video, for better slow-motion analysis. Avidemux seems to take longer to read big videos when they're first loaded though -- so cutting them down in size is definitely very useful for me heh. I use VLC for video-watching, and Avidemux for video analysis basically.

Alba

Record Breaker
Whoops. VLC does have a convert/save option, but not a snippet option. I mixed it up with VirtualDub (where you can set beginning/end frame and then tell it to save only that).

Avidemux definitely does it, in fact I've been using Avidemux a lot more lately to view videos (instead of VLC) because in Avidemux, you can frame-by-frame forwards as well as backwards, while for VLC you can only frame-by-frame forwards. Avidemux also has some nice video processing options; I used its filters to convert a 25 fps interlaced video of the Olympic SP into a 50 fps non-interlaced video, for better slow-motion analysis. Avidemux seems to take longer to read big videos when they're first loaded though -- so cutting them down in size is definitely very useful for me heh. I use VLC for video-watching, and Avidemux for video analysis basically.

So to cut a long file, ladies for example, in separate performances you recommend Avidemux right?

Vanshilar

On the Ice
So to cut a long file, ladies for example, in separate performances you recommend Avidemux right?

Yup, in fact, that's what I've been doing for my videos; I finally broke down and got torrent to get the Olympic videos (so feds will be knocking on my door any day now), but they were big videos that took a long time for Avidemux to open. So I use the torrented videos as the "raw data", extract the particular performance that I want using Avidemux, and then analyze that (much smaller) video.

longjiajia811

Rinkside
Alba ,would u please do me a favor . send Mao's long routine to my email

Last edited by a moderator:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yup, in fact, that's what I've been doing for my videos; I finally broke down and got torrent to get the Olympic videos (so feds will be knocking on my door any day now), but they were big videos that took a long time for Avidemux to open. So I use the torrented videos as the "raw data", extract the particular performance that I want using Avidemux, and then analyze that (much smaller) video.

Thanks. I'll see how it goes then. In case I need some help I'll disturb you in private. :)

Alba ,would u please do me a favor . send Mao's long routine to my email.

Mao's LP was already post it a while ago, but it's in german. It's good though because they don't speak during the routine.
Here it is: https://vimeo.com/87275728

You can download directly in your PC in HD. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

juppiter

Rinkside
I would like to see that. Unfortunately I don't have the ladies with NBC commentary. :disapp:

This is the thing where I don't understand YouTube. This is not on the net where somebody is making money off it, so why is it blocked? The NBC website has the Lipinski/Weir commentary.

Alba

Record Breaker
This is the thing where I don't understand YouTube. This is not on the net where somebody is making money off it, so why is it blocked? The NBC website has the Lipinski/Weir commentary.

I don't think it's NBC who's blocking videos. I put one on Yourtube, just for a test, and it was blocked within a day by the IOC. :rolleye:

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
I have never understood how some videos will stay on youtube for 6 years while others are taken off right away.

What do they do with skating videos besides keep them in a vault? I don't know of any official dvd releases (maybe there are and I'm just ignorant) so what's the point?