Videos from Sochi | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Videos from Sochi

Alba

Record Breaker
Help: I never used google drive. If I upload my videos there, will people be able do download the videos from there?
You cannot do that on daily and on vimeo I have a limited amount of space per week.

Alba

Record Breaker
Dailymotion is weird and not even consistent.[/[/B]QUOTE]

That's the strange thing. I don't know what standarts are they using for removing some. :confused:
Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Better have some video than none. ;)

MalAssada

Medalist
Any chances you have Mao's SP (individual event)? I'm really curious because of her very low score.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
HOw heartbreaking She wanted gold so badly. First the fall and then the pop - no combo - I guess she couldn't rotate a combo even a double double.

gotoschool

Medalist
HOw heartbreaking She wanted gold so badly. First the fall and then the pop - no combo - I guess she couldn't rotate a combo even a double double.

I read somewhere (I think it was on this site) that Mao heard someone laugh at her when she fell on her triple axel in the SP, and that after this, the poster indicated that she said she just wanted to go away and hide. I don't know if this is true, but given the context her mental disconnect afterwards makes much more sense. It reminds me of the time someone cruelly yelled, "Fall!" really loud just before she fell on her second triple axel during her Worlds LP in 2009. It really is shocking that people can be that cruel. It made me wonder why she wasn't given a second chance at Worlds.

In a strange sort of way, it all worked out for the best considering the circumstances. Many have already said the "scoring irregularities" indicated that Mao couldn't have won the gold anyway no matter how well she skated in the SP, as was obviously demonstrated by her 3rd place overall and 5th place PCS placement in her spectacular LP. In addition. she ended up skating her two and perhaps three best ever performances immediately afterwards (and two of the best ever). She has often skated best after profound disappointment (2007 Worlds LP, 2007 Grand Prix LP and 2010 Worlds), but never was the contrast as dramatic as at the end of last season.

Alba

Record Breaker
I read somewhere (I think it was on this site) that Mao heard someone laugh at her when she fell on her triple axel in the SP, and that after this, the poster indicated that she said she just wanted to go away and hide. I don't know if this is true, but given the context her mental disconnect afterwards makes much more sense.

I honestly do not belive that, at all. Someone else should've listen to that, if Mao also listened, like the press for example.
That's just trying to find a sense, a "justification", for her fall. It's hard for fans to come to terms with these things, but it happens.

It reminds me of the time someone cruelly yelled, "Fall!" really loud just before she fell on her second triple axel in her Worlds LP in 2009. It really is shocking that people can be that cruel. It made me wonder why she wasn't given a second chance at Worlds.

Did that really happened? I don't remember that.

gotoschool

Medalist
I honestly do not belive that, at all. Someone else should've listen to that, if Mao also listened, like the press for example.
That's just trying to find a sense, a "justification", for her fall. It's hard for fans to come to terms with these things, but it happens.

Well, the poster said that the laughing came after, not before, the fall. The poster also did not phrase it in such a way as to make it an excuse for the other errors in the performance. Furthermore, I didn't say it was true because I didn't hear it myself. The reason I thought it had some plausibility is because of the first incident in 2009.

While I was watching Mao's Worlds LP in Los Angeles in 2009, I heard someone yell out something that sounded a little like "Fall." I looked in the comments section and saw that someone else had made a post about it and I also saw a couple of posts about it in forums, where they specifically cited the word, "Fall." I wasn't looking for this either. I just heard it while I was watching. Whatever they yelled, it was right in her entrance to the second triple axel and you could obviously hear it over the very loud music of Waltz Masquerade and she fell immediately after it. I was surprised it was that loud.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGNh5gAvXU

My two cents from the art thread are that if somebody says "One skater blows everyone else away artistically," they are making an objective statement about that person being better without making it clear that it is their opinion. He has the right to his opinion, but I also feel I have the right to express the fact that it is biased, especially if the competitive record, at least for Asada and Kim, indicates otherwise, since his statement really didn't take into consideration their talent. As a matter of fact, my response was more considerate of other skater's than his was. If you feel for I'm wrong, that's fine, but I don't. I just feel it's important in life to stand up for what you believe even if other's disagree.

I do want to thank you for the providing all the videos links.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I worked as a supporter at a stadium in the past (when I was still in college). And I have to say some people are really nasty. They scream "fall" or "lose" whenever their athlete's rivals are competing. I don't think gotoschool was trying to justify what happened to Mao. But it's true that some fanatics can be very very nasty. Athletes have to face with all those things. And it's not with FS only.

PS: The stadium I worked for mostly held Martial arts events, ping pong and fencing.

Alba

Record Breaker
I worked as a supporter at a stadium in the past (when I was still in college). And I have to say some people are really nasty. They scream "fall" or "lose" whenever their athlete's rivals are competing. I don't think gotoschool was trying to justify what happened to Mao. But it's true that some fanatics can be very very nasty. Athletes have to face with all those things. And it's not with FS only.

PS: The stadium I worked for mostly held Martial arts events, ping pong and fencing.

I was not questioning gotoschool. He already said that's not his/her report. I was speaking about fans, in general.

Fanatics are nasty, that for sure.