Greatest Pairs of All Times | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Greatest Pairs of All Times

imanta

Rinkside
For me it's also Gordeeva and Grinkov (like Vash :D). They were just stunning to watch and had such a magical quality combined with great technique.

Probably 2nd imo is B&S.

I am not really familiar with the skating of the Protopopov's or Rodnina. I wish I could see some of their performances since so many people talk about how great they really were.

Vash01

Medalist
You have to look at them in the context of their era. The sport has developed a lot since they were at the top, but they contributed greatly to that development. You cannot really compare the pairs (or skaters) of the past with those of the present, and yet you don't forget about them even now. That is what makes them great.

Re: Re: Re: Greatest Pairs of All Times

lulu said:
Well ofcourse I hope everyone understands that this is not the end all be all list. And of course there can never be an end all be all list, because everyone has their own opinion, and everyone's opinion is valid. I enjoy pairs skating the most, so I was interested in seeing what other people view pairs. PerhapsI should have rephrased my question better.

lulu - I am really sorry for my post, and I was just to crass. Your post was fine. I read a lot of posts and can usually skim over most because I have read much the same thing many times before. However, there are new posters to GS which haven't seen the topics we carried in the past.

Also many GS posters are quite young or their interests in skating is in recent times. figure Skating has a lot of history which, imo, opinion should be respected. And moreso, I should have more respect for the new affectiionados of figure skating.

Cheers - Joe