Kim Yu-Na says goodbye to figure skating, acting career next? | Golden Skate

Kim Yu-Na says goodbye to figure skating, acting career next?

cooper

Medalist
However, some entertainment insiders and people within her circles of the sporting world are hinting that she might take a look at acting. There are few people who have her public profile and she her fans will watch any project that she is involved in and will be the biggest supporters. In addition, the world of acting, particularly movies, would represent a new challenge similar to a new jump in figure skating and if there one thing about Kim Yu-Na that will not disappear it is the fact that she is super competitive.

http://www.fansshare.com/news/kim-yu-na-says-goodbye-to-figure-skating-acting-career-next/

i know she sings w/ the Kpop idols from the past.. but i highly doubt it.. yuna said that she doesn't have any interest in entering in the entertainment scene in korea.. but who knows??

Krunchii

Record Breaker
From watching her all these years, I always felt that she wanted a normal life after she retired from being a competitive figure skater, I don't think she wants to go into the entertainment industry, I think she wants to focus more on her personal life now

Mishia

Spectator
I don't think that she wants to do acting. It seems like she really wants to have "normal" life. I think she will just go to graduate school and do some charity work..
and based on some of her Korean fans, I feel like they don't want her to be an actress...

cooper

Medalist
yeah.. i don't think yuna is interested but it would have been nice to see her doing something outside of skating.. like in korean dramas or romantic comedies.. :laugh: of course it's different..

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wouldn't blame her if she wanted to leave the life of a star behind for a 'normal' life. Think of all the pressure!

In my wish-world Yuna becomes more and more involved with UNICEF until she takes over as head of the organization, serves a prominent role in the Pyeongchang Olympics and is elected to the International Olympic Committee, builds a hundred more schools in South Sudan -- oh, and gets married and lives happily ever after.

Ven

Match Penalty
and is elected to the International Olympic Committee

Unfortunately the IOC is an extremely corrupt organization that -- in recent years -- tends to bankrupt emerging market communities it gets involved with. Think what's going on with Rio right now, and what happened in Athens.

Little good can come of the flower joining the dragons, and I hope Yuna reconsiders any plans to join the IOC and help further its agenda.

In my wish-world Yuna becomes more and more involved with UNICEF until she takes over as head of the organization, serves a prominent role in the Pyeongchang Olympics and is elected to the International Olympic Committee, builds a hundred more schools in South Sudan -- oh, and gets married and lives happily ever after.

Many of those are things I wish for YuNa as well.

She could always show up as a guest cameo in some Korean film or serial, just for fun from time to time--the way Michelle furnished a voice-over for an episode of The Simpsons somewhere along the line. However, I'm sure she'll continue to have plenty of exposure as a model for ads or clothing, maybe a singer, and all the other things she's been doing all along, so she may not want any further ventures in the entertainment/celebrity field.

The public service and personal aspects of life probably seem much more attractive to her at this point. Definitely I hope that the "lives happily ever after" part of your wish comes true for her!

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
She's gonna follow in Michelle's footsteps: get her graduate degree, continue her charity and ambassadorship activities, and get married :love:

RABID

Final Flight

As long as she can spare some time to younger skaters then definitely. I think her calling is as a mentor. With her resources think what that could mean.

ahy

Final Flight
She just applied for the grad school of Korea University and will know the result of the interview next months as I know(?)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Rumour about acting career doesn't sound very credible. However, if Yuna does want to go into acting, I'm all for it. Whatever makes her happy--be that in the spotlight or out of it. ;) Hopefully she'll continue skating in shows for some time to come.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Does this mean no more show skating? Gee I want to see her push the artistic side of her skating. And the skaters really need her Korean shows for money. Yuna has a big talent and I hope she keeps up her jumps etc. I suspect she will return to skating as she will miss it. Right now she needs a break. Grad school studying what? Has Yuna been linked with any boyfriends as yet? Not many skaters ( male) are available. I wonder if Yuna will marry a Korean? The Kwan sisters both married non Asians. I have never seen Yuna with a guy so I don't know her type. She'd make a lovely movie star but I think her charity work will become more impt than anything than maybe marriage.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
She's gonna follow in Michelle's footsteps: get her graduate degree, continue her charity and ambassadorship activities, and get married :love:

:agree: Although as a minor quibble, I'll change "charity" to "philanthropy."

The results of her application to the Korea University Graduate School (major in physical education) will be known by June 5. "According to an official from the university, she will learn about the basics of physical education in the first year, but she is also likely to study about sport marketing, sport philosophy and sport psychology." http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2014/05/136_157075.html.

I know she has said that she doesn't think she has the patience to be a coach, but maybe she might change her mind and be a mentor to upcoming Korean skaters.

Before I learned about her planned major, I was thinking she'll take her masters in International Studies, which is my course here in Korea. I have such a high respect for my Korean gyo su nims, who have taught me as much as in as out of the classroom, so I think it's a good choice for Yuna to do her graduate studies here although she could have easily chosen to do so abroad.

Definitely wishing her well in the future. :)

cooper

Medalist
-Many people are interested in your future plans.

“I’ve been thinking, but it’s been hard to decide. What to do, where to work, I just don’t know. It hasn’t been too long since the Olympics ended, and I’ve just been running headlong for 18 years."

"I know I’m in the spotlight right now, and the decision is that much harder because of that. I just feel my choices are limited.”

"As of right now, I want to help upcoming skaters. Now that they are getting some good results, I want to help them reap better ones. Figure skating is what I like the most and it’s also what I’m best at. It just doesn’t feel right to lay it all aside; I want to help young skaters. Even before this Olympics, I had so much I wanted to tell them. But since I’m not a coach, I just told them don’t be nervous and such as is usual for a senior athlete.”

that's from her latest interview...

Does this mean no more show skating? Gee I want to see her push the artistic side of her skating. And the skaters really need her Korean shows for money. Yuna has a big talent and I hope she keeps up her jumps etc. I suspect she will return to skating as she will miss it. Right now she needs a break. Grad school studying what? Has Yuna been linked with any boyfriends as yet? Not many skaters ( male) are available. I wonder if Yuna will marry a Korean? The Kwan sisters both married non Asians. I have never seen Yuna with a guy so I don't know her type. She'd make a lovely movie star but I think her charity work will become more impt than anything than maybe marriage.

she's currently dating a korean ice hockey player...

anyanka

Record Breaker

:agree:

Krislite

Medalist
Yuna recently applied to graduate school in Korea, so it's pretty clear she's not pursuing an acting career. (Please don't tell me Korean actors need a Masters or PhD? :laugh:)

She's also been seen spending a bit of time in LA just recently helping her fellow Korean skaters at the East West rink. So I think she'll continue to be very involved with Figure Skating and probably Olympic sports in general. Heck with the Olympics in Korea in 2018 she won't be able to avoid it anyways.