Weaver and Poje, Magic | Golden Skate

Weaver and Poje, Magic

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje skate last night at the Vancouver Stars on Ice tour and I have to say they are absolutely gorgeous. It was my first time to see this team live. They are so romantic and expressive together. I was worried we would never have another Tessa and Scott, but I think Andrew and Kaitlyn will step in to the spot light in their absence. They performed their Olympic Silver medal program, simply spell-bounding. I can't wait to see more.

:points:

slider11

Medalist
I must agree. Although there are some technical things they can do to improve, they are a dynamic and engaging couple on ice. I very much look forward to watching them continue to grow and progress. I'm sorta glad they didn't win the gold at Worlds as sometimes this deters couples from growing or even continuing to compete. I just wonder if they might be thinking about moving over to Marina for coaching.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I must agree. Although there are some technical things they can do to improve, they are a dynamic and engaging couple on ice. I very much look forward to watching them continue to grow and progress. I'm sorta glad they didn't win the gold at Worlds as sometimes this deters couples from growing or even continuing to compete. I just wonder if they might be thinking about moving over to Marina for coaching.

I hope they don't move over to Ms. Zueva for coaching. I would rather seem them with a Canadian ice dance coach or some other top ice dance coach. I think they would run the risk of what happened to Scott and Tessa having the same coach as Davis and White. It's not a good idea. There is plenty of great ice dance coaches out there.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Every time I watch them do "Je Suis Malade" or that tango, I need a cigarette and a cold shower immediately afterward.

slider11

Medalist
Weaver and Poje are my favorite right now. I think any skater or couple risks the chance of moving around too much or staying too long with a coach if it's not quite right. Brian Orser seems to be able to coach multiple top skaters and have them succeed. Virtue and Moir had a fantastic career and are incredible skaters. I say "had" but they're still competitors as far as I know. But every skater/team has his/her shelf life and no one stays #1 forever. I think Marina does a great job with all her teams. True champions go out with their head high and with grace and gratitude. Whoever W/P chooses - stay where they are or look elsewhere...I hope they continue to flourish.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
OMG I love Weaver/Poje!! I really liked their tango this season, and hated the fact that they got totally screwed all season because the Europeans were trying to prevent a NA sweep (although I'm certainly not complaining about the I/K bronze).
And Je Suis Malade...there are simply no words to describe one of the best FDs of all time

Manitou

Medalist
They performed their Olympic Silver medal program, simply spell-bounding. I can't wait to see more.

You mean Worlds silver medal. They didn't medal at Olympics.
Anyway, they are my favorite dance couple now.

GF2445

Record Breaker
They are magic. That argentine tango was phenomonal and kt utilisedso much of the skatong vocabulary as well as had alot of argentine tango content. Those kicks were mindblowing.

I am sort of happy they didnt win worlds because it means that they have smething to chase for next season to propel themselves better in this new olympic cycle.