Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: In a class of his own: Orser owned 2013-14 season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Still don't understand any of this "jumps and rotations" argument has anything to do with Orser's achievements.

I mean seriously, Hanyu mostly fell on his 4S, yes, but other than that he archived big things this season. His basic skills are improving, his speed is getting more steady, his mentality is getting better. Yes the choreography is not ideal but his stamina is improving so he can finish 2 different quads and 8 triples finally. That was a first time for him and for many others. So all of this doesn't mean Orser team is playing a good job at helping Yuzuru?

Let's not forget Javi and Nam, who are both improving quite well under Orser.

The only down point is, their choices of costumes.
    Aw I liked Javi's LP costume this season, his SP costume and Nam's costumes depended on my mood =p

Yuzuru's LP costume... I just refer to it as the frilly boobskirt

Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    Crazy future prediction offtop n#2 : Meoima to become team Orser's public relation manager
    If that happened I would love to order them doing a high school musical on ice.

Custom Title
    Fantastico!

a musical like FAME??

fairy dust distributor ~Pamina~'s Avatar

you scare me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    He's got the Midas Touch -- everything he touches turns to gold.
    if so then tooo bad yuna jumped ship...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    if so then tooo bad yuna jumped ship...
    What's bad? She is doing totally great without him

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctics View Post
    back to the Orser topic, he's the coach of 3 champions this season, so i have no doubt with him being selected. congrat to him. that aside, i will give him credit for Yuzu success, but how much? not so much. like some already said, i know Yuru said that he won't get the OG if he didn't move to Canada to train. but at the same speech, he didn't say he wouldn't get gold without Orser. he said something like in the past he couldn't train much, moving to Canada he has a lot more ice time and off time training. therefore , moving to Canada help him winning gold. he said the coaching is the same ( or something similar to that line). so according to him, the thing he value the most in training in Canada is the facilities and the professional working style, not the coaching.
    I don't think he has said the coaching is the same.
    For your reference, listen to what he said at the interview of Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan (April 24) from 11:30 to 13:04.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz-gDmf44A
    He said that he owed his OGM not only to the facilities but also to the coach and the training mates.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    I don't think he has said the coaching is the same.
    For your reference, listen to what he said at the interview of Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan (April 24) from 11:30 to 13:04.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz-gDmf44A
    He said that he owed his OGM not only to the facilities but also to the coach and the training mates.
    there was a translated article post World, in which, if my memory didn't fail me, he was asked about the coaching, and he said something like it's the same. in that same article he also talked about ice time and off time training in Canada. i believe it was posted in Yuruzu fanfest. and i would be surprised if Yuru didn't give credit to Orser, i mean he even gave credits for his training mates Yuzu gave credit to Orser but he didn't say he won't get the OG without Orser either. bigger credit was given to training environment. bigger than bigger credit was given to everyone supporting him including his family. and the biggest credit that left unspoken belongs to Yuru himself.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14