In a class of his own: Orser owned 2013-14 season | Page 11 | Golden Skate

In a class of his own: Orser owned 2013-14 season

Paola D

Rinkside
back to the Orser topic, he's the coach of 3 champions this season, so i have no doubt with him being selected. congrat to him. that aside, i will give him credit for Yuzu success, but how much? not so much. like some already said, i know Yuru said that he won't get the OG if he didn't move to Canada to train. but at the same speech, he didn't say he wouldn't get gold without Orser. he said something like in the past he couldn't train much, moving to Canada he has a lot more ice time and off time training. therefore , moving to Canada help him winning gold. he said the coaching is the same ( or something similar to that line). so according to him, the thing he value the most in training in Canada is the facilities and the professional working style, not the coaching.

I don't think he has said the coaching is the same.
For your reference, listen to what he said at the interview of Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan (April 24) from 11:30 to 13:04.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz-gDmf44A
He said that he owed his OGM not only to the facilities but also to the coach and the training mates.

Noctics

Spectator
I don't think he has said the coaching is the same.
For your reference, listen to what he said at the interview of Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan (April 24) from 11:30 to 13:04.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz-gDmf44A
He said that he owed his OGM not only to the facilities but also to the coach and the training mates.

there was a translated article post World, in which, if my memory didn't fail me, he was asked about the coaching, and he said something like it's the same. in that same article he also talked about ice time and off time training in Canada. i believe it was posted in Yuruzu fanfest. and i would be surprised if Yuru didn't give credit to Orser, i mean he even gave credits for his training mates ;) Yuzu gave credit to Orser but he didn't say he won't get the OG without Orser either. bigger credit was given to training environment. bigger than bigger credit was given to everyone supporting him including his family. and the biggest credit that left unspoken belongs to Yuru himself.