Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Unusual music choices

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I can't remember any other Bond girls in recent memory at senior level. I thought the Bond selection was a very refreshing change from all the classical music programs one usually sees, esp. at the Olympics.

Tatiana Rachkova 1992 Olympic LP
    - same year and event as Zagorodniuk, but unlike with him, luckily her designer didn't feel the need to actually write "007 girl" on a sticker on her costume!
    I agree Yu-Na's Bond SP was great - she made it shine!

Custom Title
    Not sure if this still qualifies as an "unusual music choice", but in '99/'00, "the red violin" was considered quite unusual, at least for a competitive program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY_9LvtnXn0

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I can't remember any other Bond girls in recent memory at senior level. I thought the Bond selection was a very refreshing change from all the classical music programs one usually sees, esp. at the Olympics.
    Mirai Nagasu's short program this season was a Bond one. To be honest, to claim Yuna using it makes it unusual smacks of ignorance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Totally agree - but you linked their SD - here's their great FD you mentioned

... ooh... Just thought about Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi's "Zombie - Two From The Grave" 2013 FD: this season's programmes didn't have the same impact, but last year's FD was truly "special"

Oops! Thanks, Frenchie for posting the correct link.

And Z/G's Zombie program will be remembered years from now fondly. You don't always have to win a medal to have a winner of a program...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    Ahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this program!!! It was tacky and dramatic and terrible in all the right ways. Ice dance has to have a few left field dances every season for it to really be ice dance; and this one did it proud! hahaha
    LOL, that program was SO left field I think it was practically the parking lot!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5