Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan not Ruling Out Competing at Next Winter Olympics

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Patrick Chan not Ruling Out Competing at Next Winter Olympics

I saw the Vancouver Stars on Ice show last night and Patrick Chan looks in great form. I also saw Patrick interviewed on the news for a charity he was involved in and he dropped the hint that he could set his sights on the next Winter Olympic Games. Go Patrick!

Custom Title
    Good for him! He's still young and perhaps needs time to re-focus and build. Whether or not he does go for it, he will still have the accolades from this past quad. If the current field gets complacent this upcoming quad, maybe he will pull a Plu and come back and shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I saw the Vancouver Stars on Ice show last night and Patrick Chan looks in great form. I also saw Patrick interviewed on the news for a charity he was involved in and he dropped the hint that he could set his sights on the next Winter Olympic Games. Go Patrick!

That's good if he stays unretired. Him, Hanyu, Machida , Ten, Dai, Fernandez, Kozuka?, and Brown will keep the men's field quite entertaining thru the next quad when/if they compete against each other.

Custom Title
    Yeah with the field having gotten better maybe he will be more focused... Perhaps some of his inconsistencies were because he felt he could get away with errors since his level of skating is leagues above the field.

Custom Title
    Imo, it looks like Chan and Asada might take this next season off, but come back after that

Banned
    with Han Yan, Yuzu, Javier and Jason Brown
    there will be no room for him

its best Chan retires and never come back in competitive figure skating
    it will help clear all his fraud and tarnished results

i hope he reconsider it.. i think if he is motivated i think he will do fine..

I want to see an albino whale in real life
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    i think if he is motivated i think he will do fine..
    I think finding motivation will be his biggest obstacle if he does consider going back. But anyway, I hope he continues to compete even if he decides not to participate in the next Olympics.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

Oh my...

Ice is slippery.
    Even with the advancing field in men's right now, he is still going to be a big contender for the podium in 2018 so if he can find the motivation to continue, I say why not He's still relatively young, but I don't think he can afford to sit out for more than a season, otherwise it's going to be extremely hard for him when he comes back.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by makaihime View Post
    Even with the advancing field in men's right now, he is still going to be a big contender for the podium in 2018 so if he can find the motivation to continue, I say why not He's still relatively young, but I don't think he can afford to sit out for more than a season, otherwise it's going to be extremely hard for him when he comes back.
    I think sitting out of more than a season is a bad thing unless you are Plushenko.

Custom Title

"Fraud" implies a deliberate intent to commit harm. I hardly think that his splatfest at the 2012 (and 2013) worlds count as "fraud" or deliberation to bring about a false or improper result, at least on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    "Fraud" implies a deliberate intent to commit harm. I hardly think that his splatfest at the 2012 (and 2013) worlds count as "fraud" or deliberation to bring about a false or improper result, at least on his part.
    Never expect much from a fly's brain, and you won't be surprised.

On the Ice

The room to fall? None of those guys is stable. They all fall. If they continue, why not Patrick. With Chan- the more, the merrier.

Custom Title
    Han Yan and Jason Brown, they both still have long way until they will reach Yuzu or Javier technical level honestly, if they will.

The biggest Patrick rival is Yuzuru, but I think Javier still can make surprise if he will have right mind setup But I think with every next season it will be very hard for Chan to catch Hanyu. His axel is not working, he is getting older, Hanyu is working on other quads, and still not reached his peak, but it would be more interesting with him

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast