I just got a call from Smuckers! | Golden Skate

I just got a call from Smuckers!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
About 15 minutes ago I sent an email to Sumckers thanking them for supporting skating and SOI. A lady just called me thanking me for watching the show and for thanking them.
Companies DO pay attention to what we have to say. Let everyone know you apprecite their support of skating.

Doesn't that make you feel good to know people are listening to you and that they take the time to let you know?!?! I'm glad they had someone call you personally!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Yes I was very surprised that they called me. Especially since it had only been 15 min since I emailed them.
If anyone else wants to contact them. go tow www.smuckers.com and click on contact us at the top

Nadine

Record Breaker
Congrats, BravesSkateFan!!! :love:

I don't know what it's like to be actually contacted via phone from Smuckers, however I do know what's like to receive a poster from them per their website, which I did a few weeks ago (went immediately into my scrapbook; lol). :)

***Note: my admiration of Smuckers has gone up threefold, as it has been my observation that they do actually care about their customers.***

Peace & Love, Nadine

Kateri

On the Ice
That remind me...what on earth *is* a Smuckers Uncrustable?

it sounds....weird.

k

It is weird, but far be it from me to criticize the product of a big sponsor, LOL!

As I understand it, you make a little peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, then you kind of squash it down and cut off the bread crust -- voila! Yum, yum!

Mathman

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Its basically a PB&J with no crust cut into a circle. why on earth anyone would want a sandwich without crust is beyond me.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's nice to hear. I once wrote the President of Skate Canada - David Dore concerning a show that was in Victoria and he sent me publicity shots of the skaters! It's good to give them your feedback.

Kateri

On the Ice
thanks for the info! I was worrying what kind of thing would have the fact that it doesn't crust over as its main selling point...ick.
Bread crusts is slightly better, if a weird idea for a product.

kat... .can you tell I should be working right now?

marguerita

Rinkside
My kid first ate Smuckers crustables at school. I buy all the time. My daughter is one of the few who doesn't like crusts. :laugh:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
It's to save those poor ''picky'' kids and/or their parents the effort of removing the crust from the sandwich. I had a little one so picky, she wouldn't eat a crinkle cut french fry. Only straight cut fries looked ''right'' to her. This type of product is big with the elementary school crowd.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I'm going with my mom's philosophy. Eat it or starve. Kids are too picky nowadays. There are people who don't get to eat at all and IMO we need to teach our childeren to be thankful for the food they have.

MinnMan

Rinkside
Thanks is GREAT

BSF That is great, that you took the time to tell them Thank You!!!

I seems most people do not say thanks. I have posted thanks to Paula for this great web page and forum, thinking that some others would add a thanks but they seldom do. Several will look at the post, but they do not want to say thank you.

I commend you on saying Thanks. Good for you. You get A+.

humbaba

Final Flight
This is really OT, but I had to mention a terrible family secret connected to Smuckers. In the 1950s my father's cousin worked at a Smuckers plant. Working with all that jelly must have given him sticky fingers, because he developed a habit of pilfering from the plant. The longer he worked there, the more he stole. Pretty soon he was making off with several cases of Smuckers products every week. He was generous with the take and for years kept his entire family supplied with jams, preserves, etc. I'm surprised he didn't bankrupt the company.

My larcenous cousin never was caught in the act, and therefore never was forced to make restitution. I, however, have tried to make amends. I have been a loyal Smuckers customer my entire life. I won't even think of buying another brand; it's the least I can do considering the company unwittingly fed my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins for all those years.

BTW, Smuckers strawberry preserves and black raspberry jelly are scrumptious, even when you have to pay for them.

:laugh:

andrealm

Rinkside
I followed your example and emailed them also. I think it is a great idea because we want these companies to see the value in supporting our sport. Anyways, I got a call back from them also. I emailed them Thursday and got the call today (Tuesday) so it wasn't 15 minutes but that was great. It is nice to feel they appreciate your comments!
:D

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
BravesSkateFan said:
I'm going with my mom's philosophy. Eat it or starve. Kids are too picky nowadays. There are people who don't get to eat at all and IMO we need to teach our childeren to be thankful for the food they have.

my parents do that now with my little brother... never did it with me... and now I'm just so very picky LOL

basically if he refuses to eat what mom's made because that "isn't what he ordered" (he uses that all the time... why he's still living I don't know! LOL) mom just puts it in the fridge and asks him to get down from the table... then when he wants something to eat she brings out the cold meal... he doesn't get anything else until it's eaten... he can eat a meal and not eat all of it... but if he flat refuses because mom didn't cook mac and cheese or didn't order pizza hut pizza then he HAS to eat the meal LOL

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Minn......actually, we do say thanks to Paula for all the great things she does for this forum.......especially at the beginning of Golden Skate the thanks came pouring in......and might I add another big thank you goes to our great Mods.......thank you guys and gals...............:) 42

MinnMan

Rinkside
Humbaba, your story reminds me of one I heard when working in Extension. I seam that every so often this person would leave work with a wheel barrow full of straw. The straw came from packing around products that were shipped to the factory, to keep the things from breaking. The straw had no real value so this employee would take it home to mulch his vegetables and flowers. However, the gate guards became very suspicious and would go through the straw looking for tools, parts, or anything the man may be sneaking out of the plant. They never found a thing.

Upon his retirement company officials said to him we know you have been taking things from the plant, but we never catch you. We will give you amnesty from any charges if you will tell us what you have been taking from the plant.

Can you guess what it was???

He said, "wheel barrows!"