Juniors moving up to to Senior Grand Prix in 2014-15 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Juniors moving up to to Senior Grand Prix in 2014-15

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Amber Glenn confirmed her plans to move up to seniors:

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2014/06/12/amber-glenn-looks-forward-to-her-senior-level-debut/

Guess I'm a bit confused on this, she's not 15 by July 1. Maybe she plans to skate Senior Bs (can she do that?) or just skate senior nationally, not internationally?

Huh, that doesn't make sense - the new rules state that you have to be 15 by July 1 for ALL competitions now, instead of just the ISU Championships - maybe she meant just nationally?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Huh, that doesn't make sense - the new rules state that you have to be 15 by July 1 for ALL competitions now, instead of just the ISU Championships - maybe she meant just nationally?

Definitely just nationally. She's the Jr. champion, so it makes sense for her to be senior nationally.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The ISU voted to keep the age for male dance and pair skaters at 21 by July 1st rather than cutting it back to 20, a change which was scheduled for this year :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Amber Glenn confirmed her plans to move up to seniors:

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2014/06/12/amber-glenn-looks-forward-to-her-senior-level-debut/

Guess I'm a bit confused on this, she's not 15 by July 1. Maybe she plans to skate Senior Bs (can she do that?) or just skate senior nationally, not internationally?

Definitely just nationally. She's the Jr. champion, so it makes sense for her to be senior nationally.
She has to stay Junior also because without Glenn and Chen it would be Russian sweeps everywhere in Junior Ladies next season :laugh::slink:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The ISU voted to keep the age for male dance and pair skaters at 21 by July 1st rather than cutting it back to 20, a change which was scheduled for this year :)

great.

so Y/M, pairs V/Z and F/M can stay in juniors
I think they will stick around in the JGP along with M/C

SimplyAFan

On the Ice
Looking forward to seeing who ends up at which events. Hoping the newbies shake things up so we get a really interesting Grand Prix! Particularly interested to see how polina edmunds does.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Moving up for sure:
-Polina Edmunds (seeded)

Very likely moving up:
-Gabrielle Daleman (Went to Olympics and Worlds)
-Rika Hongo (for reasons stated in this thread, apparent Japanese #4 woman)
-Alaine Chartrand (went to 4CC)

Eligible to move up but will they?
-Lutricia Bock
-a number of US ladies (see below)
-a couple of Japanese women
-others?

I am also curious about the big group of Americans who are older than the most top-level competitive Juniors who've been skating on the JGP. I guess some of these may retire without ever hitting the Senior Grand Prix? When does a skater reach that do or die point with getting into the Senior Grand Prix? I'm thinking of Angela Wang, Ashley Cain, Hannah Miller, Leah Keiser, Mariah Bell, Barbie Long, those types. (I'm most familiar with the US, but probably there are others like this from other countries, perhaps Miyabi Oba, for example). How do they know when it's time to switch? What kind of benchmarks do they have to meet to switch? I know there are some, but I get unclear on what those are.

So to evaluate my earlier predictions and looking at all the first time skaters on the Senior GP:

Edmunds was assured 2: Cup of China and NHK
Park was assured 2: Skate America and Rostelecom
Daleman has 2: Cup of China and NHK
Wienzierl was assured 2: Skate Canada and Rostelecom
Hongo has 1: Skate Canada
Chartrand has 1: Rostelecom
Wang has 1: Rostelecom
Cain has 1: Cup of China
Hae-jin Kim has 1: Skate Canada
Lam (who wasn't on my radar at all!) has 1: Rostelecom
Gjersem has 1: Cup of China
Oba has 1: Rostelecom
Březinová has 1: TEB
Lecavelier has 1: TEB
Artemyeva has 1: TEB (I don't know this skater at all!)
Ovcharova has 1: NHK

Bock, Miller, Keiser, Bell, Long: not moving up or didn't get a spot.

I think that recaps all the skaters debuting on the Senior GP.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the women with one got invited to the remaining open spot for their home event. Although I'm also really disappointed in particular that Hannah Miller and Barbie Long didn't get spots, especially when Wang and Lam did! Maybe they'll do the Challenger Series or get bumped in later.

Anyone want to do this for the other disciplines? :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh I see - I thought he'd aged past juniors. He was born in 95?

Oh you're right! I thought he was borderline, but the other way. Hm...that's interesting. He could have a shot at the host pick at Skate America, but I think it will end up going to Razzano or Miner.

He is currently #58 in SB and #77 in World Ranking, so it's unlikely he'll get a GP event. He will probably be sent to a senior B.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh you're right! I thought he was borderline, but the other way. Hm...that's interesting. He could have a shot at the host pick at Skate America, but I think it will end up going to Razzano or Miner.

He is currently #58 in SB and #77 in World Ranking, so it's unlikely he'll get a GP event. He will probably be sent to a senior B.

He was 3rd at Broadmoor behind Jason Brown and Alex Johnson:

217.91 78.30 139.61 Jason Brown
182.91 60.26 122.65 Alex Johnson
174.53 62.99 111.54 Jordan Moeller
172.59 59.04 113.55 Andrei Rogozine (CAN)

TMC

Record Breaker

....Aaaaand now I'm really really hoping he comes to FT :yes: