Most overused music of all time... | Golden Skate

Most overused music of all time...

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
With a season now in the books and announcements by the ISU of new dance styles for SD, I want you guys to weigh in on what music you think is overused. I can think of two that will unfortunately key into ice dancing for the 2015 cycle with Paso/Bolero/Flamenco as the style.

Mine are Malaguena, and Carmen.

Alba

Record Breaker
With a season now in the books and announcements by the ISU of new dance styles for SD, I want you guys to weigh in on what music you think is overused. I can think of two that will unfortunately key into ice dancing for the 2015 cycle with Paso/Bolero/Flamenco as the style.

Mine are Malaguena, and Carmen.

Mine too, and I hate Paso Doble. :disapp:

I like Sheherezade, but it is over used.... I also feel like Ave Maria, The Nutcracker, and Swan Lake are used quite often...not necessarily the most of all time - but I expect to hear them.

And more recently I feel like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miseralbes music has been popular.

EDIT: I mean ice skating in general.....I'm not sure if we were supposed to focus strictly on ice dance... And with what is likely to be used this upcoming season, so sorry if I am off on my post in those regards... And I don't really hate any of the tunes that I mentioned tbh. If the program is done well and connects to the music, then I'm okay with it - overused or not.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think the OP is speaking about SD Ice dance music style for the new season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Carmen, Phantom of the Opera,Scherzade, otonal, Swan lake, masquerade ball?, Ave Maria, The Nutcracker could deserve a rest

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Swan Lake. Carmen. Les Miz. Phantom of the Opera.
No mas!

jkun

Final Flight
Carmen.

When I think of Scheherazade I can at least pick out superb performances, which I remember. There are too many Carmens I remember, most of which don't have the performance to stick in my head.

thom

Rinkside
Every year there seems to be at least one Carmen and one Swan Lake in senior. Wonder if that's really true...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Swan Lake and Rachmaninov.
Someone has to rescue me from the cheesy Rach 2 or else I will come to dislike it too much. :disapp:

BusyMom

Medalist
So many music from the Russian composers has been used for the Sochi OG. We might see Arirang or music from Korean drama more in the next four years.

DianaSelene

Medalist
For me, it depends in what discipline the overused music is used. For example, Carmen has been overused practically everywhere: in ice dance and in singles. However, I don't remember hearing it for pairs so if a pair would skate to it, I would not mind. The same with Sheherezade or Swan Lake: They are overused in singles and pairs but I thought it was refreshing and it brought a new feel to see ice dancers like D/W and I/K use it. Therefore, I did not particularly mind as long as it is in a discipline where that overused music is usually not seen.

aramina

Rinkside
If I have to hear Romeo and Juliet again, I may kill myself. Between Ladies and Pairs last season I felt like it was everywhere.