Team China is preparing for the new season in Canada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team China is preparing for the new season in Canada

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Christina went through a growth spurt which impacted her progress during her time with Orser. I like her style and her mindset a lot though I don't know how much a priority figure skating is in her life these days. Who is her current coach?

anyanka

Record Breaker
^I think you may be mistaken. There's no news of Li going to Orser. This is just fans expressing their hope.

I was speaking prospectively of course. My bad, I should have made it clearer!
And I did notice a trend that skaters who have really grown under Orser's tutelage stay long-term with him, generally speaking.

feraina

Record Breaker
Didn't I hear a rumor or something about Mingzhu Li leaving China and no longer coaching the team?

Yes, I heard her contract ended at the end of April, and it was not renewed. I don't know where she is now, maybe back to CA?

yqs100

On the Ice
Yes, I heard her contract ended at the end of April, and it was not renewed. I don't know where she is now, maybe back to CA?

She didnt go to canada with the team i think....

Maybe Zijun will be under Yan Han or Song Nan's coach

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Zijun I guess currently is in Lori's training camp and she somehow have met David Wilson according to her weibo. She is excited, but no clue wether David will choreograph any of her programs. Her long program of next season has been done presumably by Lori.
It is unlikely that Zijun move to Canada and train there full time. But it seems like the Chinese Fed, is getting more and more collaboration with Canadians. perhaps the most possible way for Chinese skater in the future is to train in China under Chinese coaches, and get consultant from Canada (more than any other skating power country).

yqs100

On the Ice
Update:

Lori will take care of Peng/Zhang, Zijun Li and Han Yan's SP&LP, plus Nan Song's one program

David Wilson will choreograph Sui/Han, Yu/Jin, and Wang/Wang's SP&LP, plus Nan Song's one program

BusyMom

Medalist
Update:

Lori will take care of Peng/Zhang, Zijun Li and Han Yan's SP&LP, plus Nan Song's one program

David Wilson will choreograph Sui/Han, Yu/Jin, and Wang/Wang's SP&LP, plus Nan Song's one program

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to see Nan Song's DW program.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Update:

Thanks for the infor. I am fine with Lori. But is it just me who dislike DW programs? I mean except several ones he did years ago for Yuna and Daisuke, recently I don't find his program remarkable and memorable at all.

JayW

Final Flight
Update:

It is great news. They need established choreographers for sure.

BTW, it sounds like they used groupons!:biggrin::biggrin:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Lori did both of Zijun's programs last year and I thought they were mediocre at best. Hopefully she'll step it up and give her two strong programs this year. Fingers crossed anyway...

gourry

Final Flight
^ And I also didn't like Yan Han's SP and LP last year by Lori and was kind of hoping for him to try other choreographers...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Lori did both of Zijun's programs last year and I thought they were mediocre at best. Hopefully she'll step it up and give her two strong programs this year. Fingers crossed anyway...
Exactly! Myabe without Caro and Mao she'll be able to concentrate on different skaters...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thanks for the infor. I am fine with Lori. But is it just me who dislike DW programs? I mean except several ones he did years ago for Yuna and Daisuke, recently I don't find his program remarkable and memorable at all.

What DW has is that he knows how to construct a winning program, what step sequence will get points, where to put the spins, etc. And in the end every skater wants to win.

Also the choreograph will depend on what the skater wants to do, in Yuzuru´s case he wanted R&J, and he wanted to put all his combinations on the second half of the program, don´t put everything on Wilson. This is a sport not the ballet.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Also the choreograph will depend on what the skater wants to do, in Yuzuru´s case he wanted R&J, and he wanted to put all his combinations on the second half of the program, don´t put everything on Wilson. This is a sport not the ballet.
About the construct and layout, I am sure the skaters decided on their own. It's true that DW couldn't decide which elements should be out in if the skaters don't want to.
However, it's true that his programs recently have been lackluster. DW's step sequences have been, admit it, very uninspiring. Comparing DW's step sequences to the ones the Russians do for their skaters, I think DW's step sequences have rather been empty and not enjoyable.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
About the construct and layout, I am sure the skaters decided on their own. It's true that DW couldn't decide which elements should be out in if the skaters don't want to.
However, it's true that his programs recently have been lackluster. DW's step sequences have been, admit it, very uninspiring. Comparing DW's step sequences to the ones the Russians do for their skaters, I think DW's step sequences have rather been empty and not enjoyable.
But as you say, "you think" wich means that is "your opinion" and that´s fine. Doesn´t mean that "all" people or "most" people think the same. Specialy judges!

In Sochi Yuzuru´s steps sequences scored the same as Dai´s ones and only 0.10 down Patrick, so is not like he is comanding his skater to do a straight line and that´s it.

Russian skater are, at this moment, very down in the score competition with skater around the world. Don´t you think there is a reason for that?