Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Meryl Davis - US Figure Skating's Superstar

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    @MK'sWinter: You should send that story to Meryl. I am sure she would be moved. And also perhaps humbled. I am reminded of the best thing anyone ever thought of to say about Michelle Kwan: "She lived her whole life as if a child were watching."
    Michelle Kwan was my idol growing up (still is)! I would love to see her on DWTS!

How could I get a letter to Meryl? My daughter made a picture of D/W (skating Bollywood of course) I would love to send it to her as well as letting her know that she has given my daughter the hope that she can go to college.

I hope people have congratulated Olympic medalist and heroine to disabled everywhere, Amy Purdy with the fab Derek Hough.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    How could I get a letter to Meryl? My daughter made a picture of D/W (skating Bollywood of course) I would love to send it to her as well as letting her know that she has given my daughter the hope that she can go to college.
    You could definitely tweet it to her......But, I feel like there's got to be a better way than even that...

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    You could definitely tweet it to her......But, I feel like there's got to be a better way than even that...
    You can send letters to skaters to their rink and they usually then get them from what I understand.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    You can send letters to skaters to their rink and they usually then get them from what I understand.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Custom Title
    Thank you everyone! It's a battle for her and very frustrating for her(she is 7 and has an IQ of 125) and was not able to perform to that level. To see Meryl put it out there helped her feel better about it. She has even had me show her all of D/W's past performances. I think Meryl is a great role model for US Figure Skating.

My daughters most favorite D/W program hands down is Bollywood
    I'm so happy to hear that your daughter has found such motivation in Meryl's skating. If she feels she has possibilities, then she'll find a way to reach her goals. Between Meryl and Amy Purdy, I'm sure a lot of people have become more aware of the potential that we all have to overcome obstacles and challenges.

Custom Title
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!
    And maybe a copy to USFS as backup. I'm sure they would love to know how well Meryl is representing them and inspiring young skaters and would make sure she saw it.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    I think if another skater were to do DWTS, I'd love to see a Jason B. and Cheryl pairing. That would be so entertaining!!! But, our favorite skaters need to be training, so I guess I'll just have to let that thought go

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Meryl was so charming and appealing all season, but I especially liked her response after Abby Lee Miller night -- (paraphrasing) -- "Maks has never phoned in anything in his life!"

Still enjoying YT's of the dances. Now I'm a bit spoiled for Val's and Meryl's AT (which I adored and still like, but not as much) because after multiple repeat viewings, Maks's and Meryl's AT just keeps looking better and better. Maks looks so in his suit/costume for that dance, too. Pardon while I fan myself, but talk about broad shoulders, slender hips ... oops, must stop, this is a family board ...

@desertskates, I'd rather see Jason with Witney, much as I love Cheryl as a pro. Witney was so creative in her choreo with Drew, and I think with Jason would be up for anything choreo wise, and be able to pull a lot of things off well. He and Witney would be a better age match, too, imo.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    @desertskates, I'd rather see Jason with Witney, much as I love Cheryl as a pro. Witney was so creative in her choreo with Drew, and I think with Jason would be up for anything choreo wise, and be able to pull a lot of things off well. He and Witney would be a better age match, too, imo.
    I think you're right about the Jason with Whitney thing. Age does tend to play role in chemistry, and I loved Whitney with Drew. Another fun match, imho, Would be Ashley and Val. They're both quite saucy, it would be fun to watch

Custom Title
    only to you figure skating fans, she isnt it with alot of people i know.
    we quit voting for dwts last month . as far as help skating, i doubt it.
    they pushed maxs because he didn't win until now and he complained about it.

was the vote rigged, no but it was heavily "politically in their favor".

so no maxs cant stop complaining about not getting the "star" to win. he got his win.

as far as the "love affair" it was put on to help them win.

julianne hough and apollo anton ono did the same thing until they won.
    afterward
    "just friends"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    as far as the "love affair" it was put on to help them win.

julianne hough and apollo anton ono did the same thing until they won.
    afterward
    "just friends"

Boy, I must have watched a different Julianne Hough and Apolo Ohno than you did.

Custom Title
    Okay I admit, I watched it... tried to fight one more great British Export, but i just can't. Meryl and Mak rocked, they are so lovely together, I want them to do more things in the future. Maks is seriously gorgeous, best Ukraine export I have seen for a while. It is interesting because Meryl has always the been the standout in the US partnership, while it was Scott who stood out more in the Canadian partnership. Wonder if they every consider switching partnerships, it will be fun to imagine.

Since they both retired now, maybe doing it for an ice show one day. I have to say Amy Purdy was just incredible... how does she do that? Amazing human being and spirit, wonderful!

Custom Title
    Meryl needs to take a breath and figure out what's next. She's got great options -a continue partnership with Charlie on ice with shows in Japan in July and Sun Valley in Aug, probably lots of TV ice events in the fall. Forget competitive skating for now. She'll take some college classes and trudge through to finish her degree. Meanwhile Meryl and Charlie and Meryl individually will rack up sponsor dollars. I could see Meryl in a Cover Girl commercial - how to accent unique features and make yourself beautiful. I think she needs a few months to figure out the personal end of all this. Is there someone at home waiting? Has she seen a different life that appeals to her, that makes her feel like a woman? Meryl is a cultural anthropology major. She would appreciate and flourish in a diverse, international environment with Maks. But not 'til she's ready. but she has to be intrigued!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8