Hao Zhang Got Married! | Golden Skate

Hao Zhang Got Married!

anyanka

Record Breaker
According to IFS magazine's newsletter:

" China’s veteran pairs competitor Hao Zhang is pretty good at keeping secrets it seems.

His marriage on May 1 to his girlfriend of a decade, Ju Chi, came as a surprise to his long-time coach, Bin Yao and all of his friends. No one close to Zhang even knew of the relationship until he announced his wedding plans.

Yao officiated at the ceremony, which was attended by his on-ice partner Cheng Peng and long-time friends Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, among others."

Links (in Chinese): http://slide.sports.sina.com.cn/o/slide_2_730_64827.html#p=1 and http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-05-02/08267145655.shtml

Congratulations!!! :clap:

Crystallize

On the Ice
Woah! Dating for a decade and nobody knew? Talk about having a low-key relationship. lol. Anyway, congratulations to Hao Zhang and Ju Chi! :yay:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Congratulations! I wish them a happy marriage, and for him, continued success in his skating career! (He was wonderful in Sochi--that quad twist! :love:)

BlackPack

Medalist
How do you keep a relationship quiet for a decade? When he retires from FS, he can go into espionage!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
congratulations :yay: happy people are always a nice thing to hear about

When he retires from FS, he can go into espionage!
how do we know he didn't already? :unsure:
but seriously, 10 years? that's beyond 'low-key'. He should teach classes to people who can't go to the bathroom without making a tweet about it.

BlackPack

Medalist
congratulations :yay: happy people are always a nice thing to hear about

how do we know he didn't already? :unsure:
but seriously, 10 years? that's beyond 'low-key'. He should teach classes to people who can't go to the bathroom without making a tweet about it.

:laugh::thumbsup:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations and best wishes to Hao and Ju!

One of the reasons they were able to keep their romance low key was that they didn't actually get to spend much time together. Hao is very motivated to go for his 5th Olympics. He says he will persevere and perseverance means victory. I suppose perseverance played a part in their relationship.

Best wishes to Hao's next Olympics.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

One of the reasons they were able to keep their romance low key was that they didn't actually get to spend much time together. Hao is very motivated to go for his 5th Olympics. He says he will persevere and perseverance means victory. I suppose perseverance played a part in their relationship.

Congratulations to the couple! 5th Olympics! :eek: Will that be a record in pairs skating?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_athletes_with_the_most_appearances_at_Olympic_Games

Seems like one ice dance team has gone to five Olympics. So... it might indeed be a record for pairs? There's a good chance the Wikipedia article isn't complete though.

I'm rooting for Hao Zhang to make it. He seems to be in great shape and I loved Peng/Zhang's programs this year. If they can improve their consistency (and manage to stay injury-free), I think they've got a good chance of medalling in 2018. One of the CBC commentators said something about them wanting to try a quad throw next season. :eek: I dunno if that's true.

BlackPack

Medalist

Ju Chi is a very patient woman and he did marry her! My aunt also waited my uncle for 8 years.