Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brian Joubert training in pairs discipline?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiyori View Post
    Hi! I almost never post here, but I thought I could add something... the news program never said they were partnering, but that Daria was "initiating" Brian to pairs.

Good point, chiyori!

Thank you.

Tripping on the Podium
    Well there are some news

Article about Joubert

To sum up, it talks about Joubert skating with Popova. Then it says Joubert is thinking about pair skating since 10 years ago. He says he as well ended his career in Sotchi and that he wants to partner with an experienced skater to make it to Olympics.

OMG so excited to see what will happen !!

Quote Originally Posted by FS.Addict View Post
    Well there are some news

Article about Joubert

To sum up, it talks about Joubert skating with Popova. Then it says Joubert is thinking about pair skating since 10 years ago. He says he as well ended his career in Sotchi and that he wants to partner with an experienced skater to make it to Olympics.

OMG so excited to see what will happen !!
    Oh, me too! Thanks for sharing that - to Brian fans - cheery news! More Brian, yay! - okay, hopefully, anyway, depending on if he finds someone. Well, at least he is French, and there's room, I believe, for a 3rd French pair team (supposing Savchenko/Massot choose to skate for France, I'm counting them as one team.)

Custom Title
    He's really considering this? YES! Go Brian! Doesn't matter what the results are--I'll be happy to see him live out his childhood dream of skating pairs.

Btw, seems like everyone is chasing that historic fifth Olympics. It'll really be something if they all make it.

Custom Title
    Actually, this kind of makes sense. I'm anxious to see how they do. Brian has always appeared to be a strong man, upper body strength, etc. and we know he has the individual skills. I hope it works out.

Ice is slippery.
    So is this confirmed? He's actually going to compete in pairs?

Tripping on the Podium
    This is what the article seems to say, but i wonder if he will really be able to find that experienced female pair skater. Remember he has never skated in pairs.

He also says he has a lot of work to do at the gym.

Custom Title
    Is he serious? He's going to be 30 years old in a few months and he wants to start over in another discipline at that age when it usally takes years to become a top Pairs skater?

Custom Title
    I am impressed he was able to do al ift with good technique but it takes to develop a pairs mentality let alone the skill. I think he had his 15 minutes of fame. I hope he finds new life after competitive skating.

Well, why shouldn't he? Either he succeeds - or he fails. No harm in trying.

He intends to become a coach - maybe he doesn't feel like beginning quite yet. He'll have the rest of his life to be a coach anyway - it's not like that is a possiblilty he must seize now or it will be gone for ever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am impressed he was able to do al ift with good technique but it takes to develop a pairs mentality let alone the skill. I think he had his 15 minutes of fame. I hope he finds new life after competitive skating.
    Hmm, that phrase sounds familiar...

If Brian Joubert and Evgeni Plushenko had, respectively, 15 minutes and 15 seconds of fame to you, how would you describe every other figure skater? 15 nanoseconds? Never even existed? What does someone have to do to become more than "15 minutes of fame"--if the two men with nearly unmatched longevity isn't good enough for you?

Well, there's John Baldwin..... just saying!

Custom Title
    Yay! Go Brian!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3