Amelie Lacoste Retires | Golden Skate

Amelie Lacoste Retires

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a shame! :cry: She leaves me with that feeling of not having accomplished what she could have... Really liked her style (and her 3Lo!), especially her Amelie FS :yes:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This is disappointing news indeed. Such a lovely skater. Competing in Figure Skating is a hard grind. I wish her the best in her future endeavors.

desertskates

Medalist
I loved her skating and had hoped to see more in the future. But, the athlete knows best when the time is right to make an exit. I wish her the best as she moves forward :)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Yeah, I hope she finds some way to be involved in skating. I think she probably knew the writing was on the wall as for winning another championship, what with Osmond, Daleman and Chartrand (although she could still beat her most of the time) not going anywhere anytime soon.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Chartrand has alot of potential. I dont think LaCoste would be beating her most of the time in the future, even though in the past she would have.

I was sad she missed the Olympic team. I badly wanted to see her have that experience to wind up her career but alas it was not to be. She skated so well at Nationals too.

Yeah, she probably would have placed about the same as Daleman anyhow.

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is really sad. I was hoping to see her have a massive breakthrough :(
But I agree with @desertskates, the athlete knows best when their time is to leave the competitive arena. Hopefully, she will reappear doing shows or something else in the sport.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I think she probably knew the writing was on the wall as for winning another championship, what with Osmond, Daleman and Chartrand (although she could still beat her most of the time) not going anywhere anytime soon.

It would be challenging for Lacoste not just to win a Canadian title right now, but to even get one of the top 2 spots. With only 2 spots to Worlds available, and Osmond & Daleman having been the 2 chosen this year, that might have been the case again next year. Plus with Chartrand coming up (and placing ahead of Lacoste at 4 Continents), it was becoming tough for her to compete with the other Canadian girls.

There was a sense at Nationals that this might be her last season, and she was given an emotional applause by many people in the audience at the end of her exhibition skate.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It would be challenging for Lacoste not just to win a Canadian title right now, but to even get one of the top 2 spots. With only 2 spots to Worlds available, and Osmond & Daleman having been the 2 chosen this year, that might have been the case again next year. Plus with Chartrand coming up (and placing ahead of Lacoste at 4 Continents), it was becoming tough for her to compete with the other Canadian girls.

There was a sense at Nationals that this might be her last season, and she was given an emotional applause by many people in the audience at the end of her exhibition skate.

Yeah, Osmond and Daleman very well could have grabbed the top spots from her again, although IIRC, it was close between her and Daleman this time.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hope she finds happiness in her next chapter. But I do think Osmond, Daleman and soon Chartrand are all ahead of her. But had Phaneuf stayed aroundshe would have been down another notch anyways. Close, so close. Au Revoir!