The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The diverse beauty of American lady figure skaters

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Stephane and Scott! :love:

...Since it's the off season and we might as well as be trashy, why not open a thread about good-looking men in figure skating? (I have a feeling it could turn into a bloodbath very, very quickly though).

Panpie

On the Ice
Stephane and Scott! :love:

...Since it's the off season and we might as well as be trashy, why not open a thread about good-looking men in figure skating? (I have a feeling it could turn into a bloodbath very, very quickly though).

LOL! That could be a dangerous topic. I would hope that everyone, and I mean everyone, would be :points: about Stéphane!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Nathalie is simply beautiful. My mother when watching the P/B FS said that only she in the competition could pull off that costume. And that she could be a model if she wanted to.

A lot of the girls in ice dance are beautiful in very different ways. Meryl in terms of princess, Tessa like the girl-next door, Elena also as a model...

For the record, I think Michelle (does she even need a last name on the fs fora?) has gone from pretty to beautiful with the passage of time. Her face has matured in a good way, imo, and she's maintained her sense of style. In the photos I've seen of her from recent years, Michelle always looks chic and well put together.

I know it's OT, but since others have mentioned good-looking men, can we give a shout out to Daisuke and Lambiel? Then, of course, there's Charlie W, and Scott M, and oh, dear, maybe better not start down that path. Could go on for days. :)

Last year we had a gorgeous men thread, and I found it very enjoyable....

Daisuke and Lambiel? Tell me where the line forms, and I'll run over and stand in it. And the Charlie W. line, and the Scott Moir line, and let's not forget Andrew Poje. Of course I'm happy just looking at Google images of these guys, but I'm even happier when I get to see them skate. A nice-looking guy skating well becomes drop-dead gorgeous.

Panpie

On the Ice
Last year we had a gorgeous men thread, and I found it very enjoyable....

Daisuke and Lambiel? Tell me where the line forms, and I'll run over and stand in it. And the Charlie W. line, and the Scott Moir line, and let's not forget Andrew Poje. Of course I'm happy just looking at Google images of these guys, but I'm even happier when I get to see them skate. A nice-looking guy skating well becomes drop-dead gorgeous.

ITA! :clap: :thumbsup:

RABID

Final Flight
My list in order, Dorothy Hamill (if anything she looks better now than when younger, can you say ****?) Peggy Flemming (she is starting to look old now but for the longest time; age defying), Sasha Cohen (a pretty face and a lithe sensuous body puts her in 3rd), Jenny Kirk (va va va voom!).

Last edited by a moderator:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ka-ching on Kiira Korpi! How ree-dunculous is it that one person can be so pretty?

Not knocking this POV but Korpi is another one I find to be overrated. Good looking? Yes, definitely...but crazy pretty? Hmm, meh... In fact, out of the Finnish skaters I preferred Lepisto :confused2: gotta love it. :laugh:

For someone who looks better now as when she was younger (imho) how about Jennifer Kirk?

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Not during her skating days but now, post-recovery.

RABID

Final Flight
My list in order, Dorothy Hamill (if anything she looks better now than when younger, can you say ****?) Peggy Flemming (she is starting to look old now but for the longest time; age defying), Sasha Cohen (a pretty face and a lithe sensuous body puts her in 3rd), Jenny Kirk (va va va voom!).

By the way, none of the ladies above can compare to the sheer sensuality bleeding from every pore of Tessa Virtue (but she's Canadian as am I :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make the thread per your request, milady! :biggrin:

Thanks for making the thread! I've already posted something (about Andrew Poje and Ilia Kulik) and enjoyed what's there.

As for Tessa Virtue, I agree. There's something about her especially when she skates that combines sensuality and an ethereal quality. Her skin looks like alabaster velvet under the spotlight, which no one else's seems to do. This makes her look especially stunning in rich, dark colors such as garnet, and in black.

I think one thing that adds to her beauty is that she's not little-girl-sylphlike thin. That look suits many skaters, including YuNa, but Tessa's taller, larger build makes her more womanly, which makes her more convincing as a mature artist and a romantic partner.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
By the way, none of the ladies above can compare to the sheer sensuality bleeding from every pore of Tessa Virtue (but she's Canadian as am I :) )

:agree: I am American, and I agree that Tessa is in a league of her own. She radiates both elegance and warmth.

Unrelated secondary comment, now that the scope of the thread has inevitably expanded beyond skaters for the U.S.:
Has Caits Yankowskas been mentioned yet?​

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for making the thread! I've already posted something (about Andrew Poje and Ilia Kulik) and enjoyed what's there.

As for Tessa Virtue, I agree. There's something about her especially when she skates that combines sensuality and an ethereal quality. Her skin looks like alabaster velvet under the spotlight, which no one else's seems to do. This makes her look especially stunning in rich, dark colors such as garnet, and in black.

I think one thing that adds to her beauty is that she's not little-girl-sylphlike thin. That look suits many skaters, including YuNa, but Tessa's taller, larger build makes her more womanly, which makes her more convincing as a mature artist and a romantic partner.
Completely agree about Tessa. I love how she looks like a mature woman--not overly sexy, but not a little sylph-like girl. She and (very average height) Scott prove that you don't need to have a huge size difference in order to do fantastic lifts. Tessa also, somehow, manages to look glamorous and down-to-earth at the same time.

titatovenaar

Rinkside
I'll add another Canadian, Kaitlyn Weaver.

She might look a bit Plain Jane on some images, but when she is on the ice... :love:
For example in this all girl number from The ICE 2013 she totally steals the show in my opinion.

Also I love Maia Shibutani's killer smile at 0:16.

Which makes me wonder if ice dancers are in general better performers compared to solo skaters. Since they can't rely on fancy tricks as much to wow the audience. I mean you have Gracie Gold, Kanako Murakami etc. there as-well, who are all beautiful girls by any standard, but to me they look quite mechanical and out of their element compared to Kaitlyn & Maia

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Really? I've always found her bland and uninspiring.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'll add another Canadian, Kaitlyn Weaver.

She might look a bit Plain Jane on some images, but when she is on the ice... :love:
For example in this all girl number from The ICE 2013 she totally steals the show in my opinion.

Also I love Maia Shibutani's killer smile at 0:16.

Which makes me wonder if ice dancers are in general better performers compared to solo skaters. Since they can't rely on fancy tricks as much to wow the audience. I mean you have Gracie Gold, Kanako Murakami etc. there as-well, who are all beautiful girls by any standard, but to me they look quite mechanical and out of their element compared to Kaitlyn & Maia

I agree with the ice dancer philosophy. I've always found the ladies in ice dance to be beautiful - whether it's in a modelesque way, a quirky way, or a cute way. Often I find the singles skaters pretty as well, but not as overall captivating, I suppose.
I think Kaitlyn is a cross between the quirky and cute categories, personally. And Maia is beautiful!

Someone who hasn't been mentioned - Anna Cappellini. She's beautiful and her personality just seems so sweet.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Clearly we're not talking about just Americans any more so perhaps the thread title needs an update? :think: