My lunchtime Figure Skating Game: Try this for a laugh | Golden Skate

My lunchtime Figure Skating Game: Try this for a laugh

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
1. Pick any post on this forum that goes more than 8 pages.
2. Read the title.
3. Now read the last post.

How many times is the last post completely off topic?
How many times has the post devolved into a rant about a competition that Michelle Kwan lost decades ago or an event Patrick Chan won?
How many times is it about corrupt judging in an unrelated competition?

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
:laugh:
that Naked Lunch better not be Cronenberg-style or it's gonna get reeeally weird around here

"Naked Lunch" is the name of my favorite MAC eye shadow. Honest! :laugh:

I say let's turn this into a drinking game...and then count the resulting number of typos & off-the-wall posts.

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
1. Pick any post on this forum that goes more than 8 pages.
2. Read the title.
3. Now read the last post.
driv
How many times is the last post completely off topic?
How many times has the post devolved into a rant about a competition that Michelle Kwan lost decades ago or an event Patrick Chan won?
How many times is it about corrupt judging in an unrelated competition?

Since this is a complaint of mine, I'm not surprised, but will say I'm glad you didn't call it a drinking game or everyone would end up with a hangover. :bang:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Naked Lunch" is the name of my favorite MAC eye shadow. Honest! :laugh:

I say let's turn this into a drinking game...and then count the resulting number of typos & off-the-wall posts.

Bonus points or +GOE for topics derailed by a non-troll and -GOE for troll forcing a thread to fly of topic.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Bonus points or +GOE for topics derailed by a non-troll and -GOE for troll forcing a thread to fly of topic.

Hmm...and just who would we be talking about here????? :scratch: :biggrin:

Gotta give bonus points and/or +GOE to anyone (non-troll or otherwise) who manages to get the thread back on-topic, too!

PlaysintheDirt -- re: hangovers, it's a holiday weekend, so what the hey? :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gotta give bonus points and/or +GOE to anyone (non-troll or otherwise) who manages to get the thread back on-topic, too!
I just tried in another thread ;p

BlackPack

Medalist
Every time the abovementioned happens, we can put a penny into the jar and donate the proceeds to struggling skaters:biggrin:

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Hmm...and just who would we be talking about here????? :scratch: :biggrin:

PlaysintheDirt -- re: hangovers, it's a holiday weekend, so what the hey? :laugh:

You're right, skatedreamer - what was I thinking??!!!! :party2:

I LOVE that phrase "what the hey" and haven't heard it in a long time. BIG grin here!

noskates

Record Breaker
I think there are people that just love to bring a topic to the brink of insanity - and then continue to comment on it. There are posters with favorites that will always jump in and defend even the slightest mention that isn't in glowing adoring terms. There are skaters who, just by their very name, invite criticism and judgement. I can never figure out if there's anyone at all that everyone likes. I guess that would be too much to ask.

Carry on.

BlackPack

Medalist
It is ironic that all the points the OP wanted to mock have now actualized in this thread