Who is going to Skate America 2014? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who is going to Skate America 2014?

mrrice

Record Breaker
As I posted on the first page, this will be my first live competition ever! I'm in section 115, row 10. I'm dragging my mother to some of the sessions but will be flying solo for others. I really can't wait! Hope to see some of you there!

As an aside for those with experience, is it worth it to go to the practice sessions? I'm driving in Friday afternoon so I can't go to that one, but I can make all the others.

I definitely think that the practice sessions are worth going to as long as you're prepared for a long, and sometimes boring afternoon. In my case, I loved hearing what the coaches would say, or not say to the skaters. Also, you'll be very surprised ( At least I was ) at how each skater approaches a practice session.

Some skaters won't jump during their run through and then practice jumps separately. Some skaters don't show up at all. I'm old, and the last practice session I saw was in 1991. Tonya Harding was late and barely looked at her coaches. She also didn't do a full run of her program. Kristy was exactly the opposite. She did full runs and was totally engaged with her coach.

Of course, when they competed, Kristy was the one who looked like she hadn't practiced hard and Tonya was spectacular. It was very interesting. It was freezing though so bring a jacket just in case.

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Depends on how big it is. If it's like a compact one, it shouldn't be a problem. Flash is a definite no-no.

I'm sad I will not be joining you all -- but have a great time!
Thank you for answering Mrs. P!

Not telling what you to do. If you want to look at the official Skate America policies for cameras, video, etc., they are here:
Hope you and everyone else enjoy the experience! :)
Hey golden411. I better just leave it on camera/sports mode and pray! LOL Thank you for your feedback you two. :)

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I definitely think that the practice sessions are worth going to as long as you're prepared for a long, and sometimes boring afternoon. In my case, I loved hearing what the coaches would say, or not say to the skaters. Also, you'll be very surprised ( At least I was ) at how each skater approaches a practice session.

Some skaters won't jump during their run through and then practice jumps separately. Some skaters don't show up at all. I'm old, and the last practice session I saw was in 1991. Tonya Harding was late and barely looked at her coaches. She also didn't do a full run of her program. Kristy was exactly the opposite. She did full runs and was totally engaged with her coach.

Of course, when they competed, Kristy was the one who looked like she hadn't practiced hard and Tonya was spectacular. It was very interesting. It was freezing though so bring a jacket just in case.
Good advice. I was thinking that is about 12 hours per day, to take it all in. I suppose there is no schedule for the practices, and they probably do not announce them?
I am so excited about this. I thought of booking up Nats, but the thing is, you never know what will be going on at the time of the competition, with flights, weather, and hotels, personal drama etc. LOL :rolleye:

sfiers

Spectator
My all session tickets don't include a ticket for Thursday. Do I need a ticket for Thursday practice sessions?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My all session tickets don't include a ticket for Thursday. Do I need a ticket for Thursday practice sessions?

I asked this question of USFS when I got my all-event tickets in May. They had someone from Sears Centre contact me & he told me that you don't need an extra ticket for Thursday - just bring in one of your other tickets & they will mark it. Kind of weird but hopefully true.

sfiers

Spectator
I asked this question of USFS when I got my all-event tickets in May. They had someone from Sears Centre contact me & he told me that you don't need an extra ticket for Thursday - just bring in one of your other tickets & they will mark it. Kind of weird but hopefully true.

Thanks!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I already started packing tonight. Lol. ACK!!!!!! I just need to get through 2 classes tomorrow, 3 on Thursday, and a lab class on Friday....plus lots of homework until I'm on my way to the airport!

Augh!!!! Only less than 51 hours until I'll be on my way to the airport. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why is it taking so long to be Friday!!!!! Augh!!!!

Well I know I will be rocking out in my outfit under my lab coat on Friday in organic chemistry 1 lab.

I LOVE your enthusiasm and bet the skaters will love it too :rock:

I wish you and everyone have a great time! And please share :yes:

lutzlover

On the Ice
Jason has teamed up with Ronald McDonald Charities. For anyone attending SA this week, if you throw a newly bought stuffed animal onto the ice after Jason's performances, he will be donating them all to the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children's Hospital.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Got to my hotel. It's a mile away from the Sears Center. I met two ladies who were there for Skate America. One I could tell because she was wearing a shirt from the 2012 4CC and one asked me in the elevator if I was going.

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!