Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is going to Skate America 2014?

Custom Title
    Do you know if the Sears Center will allow posters? Or if we can throw gifts onto the ice after the program of the skater we intend to give the gift to?

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    I think this is a bit of an American phenomenon; Americans want to see Americans. In Canada I think it is different. We are often not as supportive of our home grown talent as we could be. Canadians want to see the stars, and that usually means skaters from somewhere else.
    But you have so many talented skaters! I was really impressed at Sochi - so much talent

average opinionated skate fan

Hope to see some of you there.

I can't wait to get to SA to see all of the US skaters, as well as the wealth of skaters from other countries. Most especially excited to see D. Ten to see how his injury has healed and a lot of the other up and coming skaters that begin to 'show their stuff' after the Olympic cycle. I found some fantastic air fares from DC to Chicago on Frontier Air. Their 'first tier seating' with baggage charges and comps are 150.00 - $160.00 at the present times. They tend to change as the month progresses depending on booking. I always use hotwire.com as you can get a pretty decent room for about $60-70/night which is mighty decent for that part of the country, and that's about 5-8 miles from the venue. Pretty sure most places have a van that will shuttle you there for a tip that's less than the parking.
    Glad this old guy is going to get finally enjoy a GP event. Hope to see some of you there.

P.S If you plan to go and want to do anything social like a meet and greet, feel free to message me.

Custom Title
    Do you guys know if I'm allowed to walk around to another area of the arena to throw gifts onto the ice? Because my seats for both mens events are above where the judges will be sitting down. I'm quite nervous to be honest that I might accidentally hit them and that will be really embarrassing if that does happen.

Also are we allowed anyways to throw gifts onto the ice after the performance is done? Because I definitely want to if I'm allowed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3