Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is going to Skate America 2014?

Rinkside
    Does anyone want SA tickets?Two $125 all event tickets. Section 116. Please contact me.

I am going with two of my besties! Woot! Girls weekend, from the sanctity of my own home.

skating philosopher
    I was set on not going, but after seeing Jason's new FS, I'm thinking I need to see that live. And the plane tickets are reasonably priced and perhaps a relative in Hoffman Estates that might be willing to extend lodging...So 50-50 again. :P
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 06-30-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    us Nationals

I am going. Seeing Jason Brown will be a plus; we were there at TEB last year to see his great popularity with the crowd, so seeing him in his home area will be fun.

I was hoping to go to something this year, but there's no way I can right now with all the stuff going on in my life.

I will however be going to 2016 World Championships- I know, that is a long time away, but I am determined and have been determined to go since it was announced last year. I'd bike there if I had to And there's always SA next year..

Custom Title
    Yay it is in Chicago (my hometown and where I live!) Super excited, I'm about 75% that I'm going, and on top of that, it will be my first figure skating competition (live) after watching it for about 18 years on tv/internet!

Quote Originally Posted by zschultz1986 View Post
    Yay it is in Chicago (my hometown and where I live!) Super excited, I'm about 75% that I'm going, and on top of that, it will be my first figure skating competition (live) after watching it for about 18 years on tv/internet!
    Very exciting for you!!

Unfortunately I've decided I can't go. But, I am going to treat myself to an IceNetwork subscription this year.

And hopefully I can save up for 2016 Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Very exciting for you!!

Unfortunately I've decided I can't go. But, I am going to treat myself to an IceNetwork subscription this year.

And hopefully I can save up for 2016 Worlds.
    Thanks, I'm super stoked to see Jason Brown, Jeremy (if he's competing,) Gracie, Mirai, Denis Ten, and Machida Live!

skating philosopher
    Still 50/50 at this point. :P

I would love to see J. Brown/Mirai/Machida et al again, but trying to see if I can make it pencil out.

On the Ice
    Anyone have an idea what the 2016 worlds tickets might cost? Just looking for a ballpark figure as I have no idea at all.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    http://www.worlds2016.com/

There is a website already, and you can sign up for emails about worlds 2016'

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    I may be going, I'm trying to find someone to share a room with me, so if you know with is alone let me know

It seems a bit empty last year, but what I love about Skate America, it's the surprise. The first GP of the season is kind of exciting!
    Er, I'm really wanting to go but all of my friends are saying they can't go or can't afford it. If you're really serious about sharing a room, I'm certainly open to making arrangements with you!

skating philosopher
    We'll I'm officially in the "no" column! I have opted for a trip to N. California this fall. For those of you who are going be sure to send reports!

Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Seems like Skate America is way cheaper than nationals, too...
    I think this is a bit of an American phenomenon; Americans want to see Americans. In Canada I think it is different. We are often not as supportive of our home grown talent as we could be. Canadians want to see the stars, and that usually means skaters from somewhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2