Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is going to Skate America 2014?

Custom Title
    Do you know if the Sears Center will allow posters? Or if we can throw gifts onto the ice after the program of the skater we intend to give the gift to?

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    I think this is a bit of an American phenomenon; Americans want to see Americans. In Canada I think it is different. We are often not as supportive of our home grown talent as we could be. Canadians want to see the stars, and that usually means skaters from somewhere else.
    But you have so many talented skaters! I was really impressed at Sochi - so much talent

average opinionated skate fan

Hope to see some of you there.

I can't wait to get to SA to see all of the US skaters, as well as the wealth of skaters from other countries. Most especially excited to see D. Ten to see how his injury has healed and a lot of the other up and coming skaters that begin to 'show their stuff' after the Olympic cycle. I found some fantastic air fares from DC to Chicago on Frontier Air. Their 'first tier seating' with baggage charges and comps are 150.00 - $160.00 at the present times. They tend to change as the month progresses depending on booking. I always use hotwire.com as you can get a pretty decent room for about $60-70/night which is mighty decent for that part of the country, and that's about 5-8 miles from the venue. Pretty sure most places have a van that will shuttle you there for a tip that's less than the parking.
    Glad this old guy is going to get finally enjoy a GP event. Hope to see some of you there.

P.S If you plan to go and want to do anything social like a meet and greet, feel free to message me.

Custom Title
    Do you guys know if I'm allowed to walk around to another area of the arena to throw gifts onto the ice? Because my seats for both mens events are above where the judges will be sitting down. I'm quite nervous to be honest that I might accidentally hit them and that will be really embarrassing if that does happen.

Also are we allowed anyways to throw gifts onto the ice after the performance is done? Because I definitely want to if I'm allowed.

Custom Title
    Hi:
    I have not posted a while, but I am going to SA this year.
    I would like to see Machida, Jason and Jeremy!!!
    Can not wait.

BTW, I am looking for a room mate at Hampton Inn close to Arena. I booked from 22 , leaving on 27. It will be about $100 per room.
    You guys do not know me too well, but I post quite often on Daisuke Takahashi Fan Fan Forum, so please check it out if you want to know how I am like.
    I also post a lot on twitter!! (Sorry most of them are in Japanese)

Please PM me if you are interested. Oh, female only please.

Custom Title
    Hi Everyone.
    I am still looking for a room mate on 22nd ,23rd and 24th at Hampton Inn close to arena. I am also renting a car from 22 to 26th, so please let me know if you are interested in sharing! Skate America is getting closer?? I am so excited. Please PM me, if you are interested.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Just booked my hotel and ticket, can't wait to arrive

Custom Title
    Less than 3 weeks until Skate America! I'm super duper excited! :D I'm only going to session 1 and 3 because I mainly came to see Jason skate and I promised my dad I will work on homework.

Just wondering what day will you guys be coming into Chicago? I'm going to be going to Reagan National Airport in DC on Friday close to 1:00 and take a 2:45 flight.

You folks have fun there! SA is a fun event. I make most SAs but this year it was going to be pretty expensive to fly in, get a hotel and find transportation. Thought I would try SkateCanada instead.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerknithanson View Post
    Less than 3 weeks until Skate America! I'm super duper excited! :D I'm only going to session 1 and 3 because I mainly came to see Jason skate and I promised my dad I will work on homework.

Just wondering what day will you guys be coming into Chicago? I'm going to be going to Reagan National Airport in DC on Friday close to 1:00 and take a 2:45 flight.
    I will be there Saturday, just for Session 3

On the Ice
    I'm going and I am soooo excited! I can't wait to watch Alexa/Chris, Elena, Mirai, Elizaveta, and Jason. This my second major competition I've been to; my first was 2008 Nationals (throwback). I'm watching all events and I really cannot wait

Rinkside
    I am excited to be going to my very first competition (major or otherwise LOL) Could not pass it up when it is is my own back yard. I literally live about 10 minutes away from the venue. I have an all-events ticket and will be sitting in the Club Section

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by w4300 View Post
    I am excited to be going to my very first competition (major or otherwise LOL) Could not pass it up when it is is my own back yard. I literally live about 10 minutes away from the venue. I have an all-events ticket and will be sitting in the Club Section
    This is my first major figure skating competition or any figure skating competition that I've attended also! I'm super duper excited!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Meryl and Charlie have said they will be in the audience, so maybe you'll see them. They are going to cheer for both S&S and C&B, as they are all good friends.

Medalist
    I'm going & am super excited! ETA I am in section 116 I think & have all event ticket

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3