Who is going to Skate America 2014? | Golden Skate

Who is going to Skate America 2014?

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I am considering going to Skate America this year. Never been to a major competition before. Likely I won't actually end up going, but there's a chance.

I personally find Skate America more appealing than the idea of US Nationals because of the possibility to see international skaters. However, watching the clips it always seems like the Skate America audience is three-quarters empty. Is the vibe good? Is going to US Nationals just a lot more fun?

I guess I could always just save up for Boston 2016... :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nationals in Boston were terrific...I have my tickets for 2014 Skate America, since it is so close to where I live. The advertisements show Gracie Gold and Jason Brown, so I am really hoping they will both be there. I bought the all-event pass for $125. Single event tickets will go on sale in Aug. Participants will be announced on June 27.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Nationals in Boston were terrific...I have my tickets for 2014 Skate America, since it is so close to where I live. The advertisements show Gracie Gold and Jason Brown, so I am really hoping they will both be there. I bought the all-event pass for $125. Single event tickets will go on sale in Aug. Participants will be announced on June 27.

Seems like Skate America is way cheaper than nationals, too...

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nationals were definitely more expensive. We had nosebleed seats for our All Event pass, and I think they were $245. My $125 pass for Skate America is for a pretty decent seat. There is another level ($175), but with this venue, the $175 really doesn't seem necessary. My understanding is that the nosebleed seats are being sold for the single tickets...I noticed last year's Skate America seats at the stadium were VERY empty. Not sure if people just didn't want to go to Detroit or just didn't want to do Skate America! The 2014 venue is in a Chicago suburb and is very accessible.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Finally going to make it to a GP event!
Live in Indy and have friends in Chicago so this shouldn't be a problem.
Hooray!

Lyinna

Rinkside
I may be going, I'm trying to find someone to share a room with me, so if you know with is alone let me know ;)

It seems a bit empty last year, but what I love about Skate America, it's the surprise. The first GP of the season is kind of exciting!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm going. It will actually be my first skating competition EVER. I live a few hours drive away, plus I have family in the Chicago area, so I just couldn't pass up the chance. I got the $125 all-event pass. It seemed like a pretty good deal to me. I just hope Jason Brown ends up there!

lbc2138

On the Ice
Once the assignments come out and depending on who is coming, I will buy my tickets then :)

w4300

Rinkside
I am going. Have my all event ticket purchased. I could not pass it up. The arena is literally 10 minutes away from me. I am super excited. I have been to shows but never a competition so it will be a first.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm 99% sure Jason Brown is going to be there...Noticed that the parking for this arena will be $15 per day. Kind of aggravating!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
As national champion, Gracie is almost sure to be there, and I think that Jason is 99% likely to compete, too, because of his popolarity... I think it will be a very good event, especially because there will surely be one of the Russians against Gracie and probably one of the new American/Russian couples :popcorn:

erasona

Rinkside
Gotta love the ambiguity... Anyway, excited and hopefully someone will post the competitor list once it's out :D

mskater93

Record Breaker
I am going with two of my besties! Woot! Girls weekend, from the sanctity of my own home. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was set on not going, but after seeing Jason's new FS, I'm thinking I need to see that live. And the plane tickets are reasonably priced and perhaps a relative in Hoffman Estates that might be willing to extend lodging...So 50-50 again. :p

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am going. Seeing Jason Brown will be a plus; we were there at TEB last year to see his great popularity with the crowd, so seeing him in his home area will be fun.