Who is going to Skate America 2014? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who is going to Skate America 2014?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I was hoping to go to something this year, but there's no way I can right now with all the stuff going on in my life. :cry:

I will however be going to 2016 World Championships- I know, that is a long time away, but I am determined and have been determined to go since it was announced last year. I'd bike there if I had to :laugh: And there's always SA next year..

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Yay it is in Chicago (my hometown and where I live!) Super excited, I'm about 75% that I'm going, and on top of that, it will be my first figure skating competition (live) after watching it for about 18 years on tv/internet!

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Yay it is in Chicago (my hometown and where I live!) Super excited, I'm about 75% that I'm going, and on top of that, it will be my first figure skating competition (live) after watching it for about 18 years on tv/internet!

Very exciting for you!!

Unfortunately I've decided I can't go. But, I am going to treat myself to an IceNetwork subscription this year. :)

And hopefully I can save up for 2016 Worlds.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Very exciting for you!!

Unfortunately I've decided I can't go. But, I am going to treat myself to an IceNetwork subscription this year. :)

And hopefully I can save up for 2016 Worlds.

Thanks, I'm super stoked to see Jason Brown, Jeremy (if he's competing,) Gracie, Mirai, Denis Ten, and Machida Live!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still 50/50 at this point. :p

I would love to see J. Brown/Mirai/Machida et al again, but trying to see if I can make it pencil out.

stryke

On the Ice
Anyone have an idea what the 2016 worlds tickets might cost? Just looking for a ballpark figure as I have no idea at all.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I may be going, I'm trying to find someone to share a room with me, so if you know with is alone let me know ;)

It seems a bit empty last year, but what I love about Skate America, it's the surprise. The first GP of the season is kind of exciting!

Er, I'm really wanting to go but all of my friends are saying they can't go or can't afford it. If you're really serious about sharing a room, I'm certainly open to making arrangements with you!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We'll I'm officially in the "no" column! I have opted for a trip to N. California this fall. For those of you who are going be sure to send reports!

RABID

Final Flight
Seems like Skate America is way cheaper than nationals, too...

I think this is a bit of an American phenomenon; Americans want to see Americans. In Canada I think it is different. We are often not as supportive of our home grown talent as we could be. Canadians want to see the stars, and that usually means skaters from somewhere else.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you know if the Sears Center will allow posters? Or if we can throw gifts onto the ice after the program of the skater we intend to give the gift to?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I think this is a bit of an American phenomenon; Americans want to see Americans. In Canada I think it is different. We are often not as supportive of our home grown talent as we could be. Canadians want to see the stars, and that usually means skaters from somewhere else.

But you have so many talented skaters! I was really impressed at Sochi - so much talent ;)

sk8m8

Final Flight
Hope to see some of you there.

I can't wait to get to SA to see all of the US skaters, as well as the wealth of skaters from other countries. Most especially excited to see D. Ten to see how his injury has healed and a lot of the other up and coming skaters that begin to 'show their stuff' after the Olympic cycle. I found some fantastic air fares from DC to Chicago on Frontier Air. Their 'first tier seating' with baggage charges and comps are 150.00 - $160.00 at the present times. They tend to change as the month progresses depending on booking. I always use hotwire.com as you can get a pretty decent room for about $60-70/night which is mighty decent for that part of the country, and that's about 5-8 miles from the venue. Pretty sure most places have a van that will shuttle you there for a tip that's less than the parking.
Glad this old guy is going to get finally enjoy a GP event. Hope to see some of you there.

P.S If you plan to go and want to do anything social like a meet and greet, feel free to message me.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you guys know if I'm allowed to walk around to another area of the arena to throw gifts onto the ice? Because my seats for both mens events are above where the judges will be sitting down. I'm quite nervous to be honest that I might accidentally hit them and that will be really embarrassing if that does happen. :eek::

Also are we allowed anyways to throw gifts onto the ice after the performance is done? Because I definitely want to if I'm allowed.

genki

On the Ice
Hi:
I have not posted a while, but I am going to SA this year.
I would like to see Machida, Jason and Jeremy!!!
Can not wait.

BTW, I am looking for a room mate at Hampton Inn close to Arena. I booked from 22 , leaving on 27. It will be about $100 per room.
You guys do not know me too well, but I post quite often on Daisuke Takahashi Fan Fan Forum, so please check it out if you want to know how I am like.
I also post a lot on twitter!!:p (Sorry most of them are in Japanese)

Please PM me if you are interested. Oh, female only please.

genki

On the Ice
Hi Everyone.
I am still looking for a room mate on 22nd ,23rd and 24th at Hampton Inn close to arena. I am also renting a car from 22 to 26th, so please let me know if you are interested in sharing! Skate America is getting closer?? I am so excited. Please PM me, if you are interested.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Less than 3 weeks until Skate America! I'm super duper excited! :D I'm only going to session 1 and 3 because I mainly came to see Jason skate and I promised my dad I will work on homework.

Just wondering what day will you guys be coming into Chicago? I'm going to be going to Reagan National Airport in DC on Friday close to 1:00 and take a 2:45 flight.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You folks have fun there! SA is a fun event. I make most SAs but this year it was going to be pretty expensive to fly in, get a hotel and find transportation. Thought I would try SkateCanada instead.

enlight78

Medalist
Less than 3 weeks until Skate America! I'm super duper excited! :D I'm only going to session 1 and 3 because I mainly came to see Jason skate and I promised my dad I will work on homework.

Just wondering what day will you guys be coming into Chicago? I'm going to be going to Reagan National Airport in DC on Friday close to 1:00 and take a 2:45 flight.

I will be there Saturday, just for Session 3