Should Maks and Meryl start a reality show? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Should Maks and Meryl start a reality show?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I find it all funny to see the high on your horse response when you know you'd all be drooling over a series with dance skating and the practice packages. I'm not suggesting following a relationship that never existed. She used him he used her. They are done. Maks real type is a tall lithe blond and he was probably more into Candace bure. I'm suggesting an American battle of the blades with the best of the pros and alums to learn to skate. It works for Canada why not USA

I find it all funny to see the high on your horse response when you know you'd all be drooling over a series with dance skating and the practice packages. I'm not suggesting following a relationship that never existed. She used him he used her. They are done. Maks real type is a tall lithe blond and he was probably more into Candace bure. I'm suggesting an American battle of the blades with the best of the pros and alums to learn to skate. It works for Canada why not USA

Well, yes, Skateluvr, a program that showed practices and dance skating or some other combination of dancing and skating would make me drool! What I don't like is the kind of show that purports to follow the private lives of participants, such as Real Housewives, which glorifies tantrums and other such behavior and makes the audience into voyeurs. I differentiate between the two types. For example, So You Think You Can Dance, which started a new season tonight, is wonderful.

noskates

Record Breaker
Olympia - SYTYCD is most definitely my favorite reality show. The judges are great, the dancers are great, and it's been a huge boon to dance IMO. There is nothing designed to create contention, drama or diva-ish behavior. It's all about the dance and the talent. The judges don't do anything to tear someone down - they're objective and knowledgeable.

I think all of us would like to see more figure skating on television in just about any form. Unless it WAS like Real Housewives with cat fights, nasty personalities and blessings on bad behavior.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm suggesting an American battle of the blades with the best of the pros and alums to learn to skate. It works for Canada why not USA

Except that that is NOT what you are suggesting! What you are suggesting is some kind of awful reality-style SWTS.

Battle of the Blades was a decent TV show that had professional hockey players taught to figure skate. And you know what? Hopefully it managed to break a few stereotypes in the hockey world. Every player who went on the show came away saying it was among the hardest things they'd ever done.

I still would like to see a simple "follow them around for a season, no drama, just facts" show, but yeah, I know, drama sells.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still would like to see a simple "follow them around for a season, no drama, just facts" show, but yeah, I know, drama sells.

This is exactly how I feel. A documentary style show with behind the scenes from competitions and training. How cool would it be for a half hour show or longer before each event showing highlights from the one prior to it and some skaters doing things in the real world. Unscripted. Then again I watch zero reality TV and am likely on Discover Channel or something like that. I know. I'm so lame.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Japan does this documenries every now and then about their skaters. I think they are pretty nice in show about the work the skaters does.

Here is Yuzuru´s Spirit of the Athletes Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Im sure there is one when Yuzuru was 16 and one a year later