Denis Ten and Friends Ice Show 2014 - yay! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten and Friends Ice Show 2014 - yay!

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Totmianina/Marinin, Joubert, Lambiel and Kostner were all in last year's shows, and presumably enjoyed the experience enough to return. Ten has trained alongside Nagasu and Lysacek, so that's another connection. It looks like a well-run show and my guess is that the invited skaters would know that it was something worth doing.
Your explain make so much sense :agree:

But I don't understand this part? :confused:

I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Denis strikes me as a savvy businessperson. He seems to have involvement with the Almaty 2022 Olympic bid. I think he could be a real asset to them and we could very well see him presenting onstage at the IOC much as Yuna did for PyeongChang.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if Almaty gets 2022. If Oslo drops out (looks likely), that leaves Beijing and Almaty. The IOC would have to choose between 3 consecutive Olympics in East Asia (PyeongChang 2018, Tokyo 2020, Beijing 2022), or go for Almaty...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
But I don't understand this part?
I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore.
:confused:
ATS is known for paying well. I believe that DTen and Friends is a charity show, with proceeds used to develop figure skating in Kazakhstan. It looks to me like an addition goal is to raise Kazakhstan's profile in general, or as a tourism destination. That means that the skaters get sightseeing and hospitality at a level that's not really done with other shows. With many shows, they're there to rehearse and perform, while with this show, they get to do more than that. It looks like a lot of fun.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
ATS is known for paying well. I believe that DTen and Friends is a charity show, with proceeds used to develop figure skating in Kazakhstan. It looks to me like an addition goal is to raise Kazakhstan's profile in general, or as a tourism destination. That means that the skaters get sightseeing and hospitality at a level that's not really done with other shows. With many shows, they're there to rehearse and perform, while with this show, they get to do more than that. It looks like a lot of fun.

Oh really, I didn't know that. If that's is the main goal then the show must be created by government, not the personal show like ATS :think:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh really, I didn't know that. If that's is the main goal then the show must be created by government, not the personal show like ATS :think:
No, it's a personal show. Just with different goals and a different focus ;) Obviously it also has sponsors, including some that look like governmental/public ones (Expo 2017, the 2017 Winter Universiade - both will be held in Kazakhstan).

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Final group number from today's show
http://vk.com/video-2152302_168770775

+ beautiful group photo of the cast (source)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo6S7VKCcAEAD02.jpg:large
Thank you :).

The rink looks a bit small. That's a original ice rink or specially installed for the show?

I like a song for finale. Can anyone tell me a song's name?
That is an original ice rink, but several meters of ice have been cut off from three sides for VIP places as told by eyewitnesses. On the one hand, that is a bit of a downside, as such skaters as Carolina and pairs skaters can't skate to their full speed and power in such a small rink, and everyone, especially pairs, must be careful with their jumps and throws. But, of course, for those seated in the VIP places it must be great, as they are on level with the ice :).

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thanks gotoschool for the video!

You guys should definitely watched the videos from that same uploader. They have a better quality and a pretty good view too~

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm watching Stephane's "Run" performance again.
I want him to make this program into one suitable for the current scoring system and give it to Dai for one last competitive FS, who can skate the **** out of it.
That assumes Dai returns to competition.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I'm watching Stephane's "Run" performance again.
I want him to make this program into one suitable for the current scoring system and give it to Dai for one last competitive FS, who can skate the **** out of it.
That assumes Dai returns to competition.
Did you mean 'Run', or Grieg's 'Piano Concerto in A minor'? Because Stephane didn't skate 'Run' on this year's 'Denis Ten and Friends' show. In any case, I don't want Stephane to give his programs to anyone. His programs are his, and I don't think that anyone can do his programs better than him, even Daisuke. Anyway, for Daisuke to be able to do either of those programs it would have to be remade more than just to suit the scoring system, as his style and abilities are quite different (not lesser, mind you) from Stephane's. And then it would be a different program to the same music. So I have a better idea (imho) - Stephane should make a new competitive program for Daisuke. Four seasons ago Daisuke didn't choose the short program that Stephane had choreographed for him (and chose Shae Lynn Bourne's 'Mambo' instead), because it was too difficult for him - those were Daisuke's own words. I assume the difficulty had to do with choreography/movements, perhaps transitions, and it's very likely that now Daisuke would be more ready to skate that kind of a program.

shine

Record Breaker
Did you mean 'Run', or Grieg's 'Piano Concerto in A minor'? Because Stephane didn't skate 'Run' on this year's 'Denis Ten and Friends' show. In any case, I don't want Stephane to give his programs to anyone. His programs are his, and I don't think that anyone can do his programs better than him, even Daisuke. For Daisuke to be able to do those programs they would have to be remade more than just to suit the scoring system, as his style and abilities are quite different (not lesser, mind you) from Stephane's.
Exactly.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Did you mean 'Run', or Grieg's 'Piano Concerto in A minor'? Because Stephane didn't skate 'Run' on this year's 'Denis Ten and Friends' show. In any case, I don't want Stephane to give his programs to anyone. His programs are his, and I don't think that anyone can do his programs better than him, even Daisuke. Anyway, for Daisuke to be able to do either of those programs it would have to be remade more than just to suit the scoring system, as his style and abilities are quite different (not lesser, mind you) from Stephane's. And then it would be a different program to the same music. So I have a better idea (imho) - Stephane should make a new competitive program for Daisuke. Four seasons ago Daisuke didn't choose the short program that Stephane had choreographed for him (and chose Shae Lynn Bourne's 'Mambo' instead), because it was too difficult for him - those were Daisuke's own words. I assume the difficulty had to do with choreography/movements, perhaps transitions, and it's very likely that now Daisuke would be more ready to skate that kind of a program.

You're right, I'm getting them mixed up, it was a clip earlier in this thread from last year, my bad! http://youtu.be/FDZT4h0-LbI
I hear you about Stephane keeping his own programs, he interprets them better than anyone.