Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Denis Ten and Friends Ice Show 2014 - yay!

Found a video of the final group number

http://vk.com/video-2152302_168761937

Not studying at the moment
    I too am quite astounded by how they pulled it off. Maybe Denis planned this since last year and made everyone promise to him that they would perform to him? And yo, I'm not sure if Yuna's plan was to get a lot of skaters to perform on her show, so no need for comparisons.

Not studying at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Found a video of the final group number

http://vk.com/video-2152302_168761937
    Thanks, ioanap!

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenghita View Post
    I must say this show had the best cast I have ever seen. Don't know how can they invite all of them at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    I too am quite astounded by how they pulled it off. Maybe Denis planned this since last year and made everyone promise to him that they would perform to him? And yo, I'm not sure if Yuna's plan was to get a lot of skaters to perform on her show, so no need for comparisons.
    Totmianina/Marinin, Joubert, Lambiel and Kostner were all in last year's shows, and presumably enjoyed the experience enough to return. Ten has trained alongside Nagasu and Lysacek, so that's another connection. It looks like a well-run show and my guess is that the invited skaters would know that it was something worth doing.

I agree that it's a fantastic cast. With regard to this vs. ATS, I think they just focus on a different mix of skaters. I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore. Some skaters did both shows, and I'm sure few skaters, if any, would turn down either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore. Some skaters did both shows, and I'm sure few skaters, if any, would turn down either.
    I'm not so sure about that. Many people don't realize Kazakhstan is a rich country. They have been invested a lot of money to develop their skaters during the past few years. I saw some of their team. Very impressive to say the least. DT might be the first recognition but I'm sure we'll see more in the near future.

Custom Title
    Totmianina/Marinin, Joubert, Lambiel and Kostner were all in last year's shows, and presumably enjoyed the experience enough to return. Ten has trained alongside Nagasu and Lysacek, so that's another connection. It looks like a well-run show and my guess is that the invited skaters would know that it was something worth doing.
    Your explain make so much sense

But I don't understand this part?

I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore.

Denis strikes me as a savvy businessperson. He seems to have involvement with the Almaty 2022 Olympic bid. I think he could be a real asset to them and we could very well see him presenting onstage at the IOC much as Yuna did for PyeongChang.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if Almaty gets 2022. If Oslo drops out (looks likely), that leaves Beijing and Almaty. The IOC would have to choose between 3 consecutive Olympics in East Asia (PyeongChang 2018, Tokyo 2020, Beijing 2022), or go for Almaty...

But I don't understand this part?
    I would imagine that ATS pays more while Ten's show is a better opportunity to travel and explore.
    ATS is known for paying well. I believe that DTen and Friends is a charity show, with proceeds used to develop figure skating in Kazakhstan. It looks to me like an addition goal is to raise Kazakhstan's profile in general, or as a tourism destination. That means that the skaters get sightseeing and hospitality at a level that's not really done with other shows. With many shows, they're there to rehearse and perform, while with this show, they get to do more than that. It looks like a lot of fun.

Custom Title
    ATS is known for paying well. I believe that DTen and Friends is a charity show, with proceeds used to develop figure skating in Kazakhstan. It looks to me like an addition goal is to raise Kazakhstan's profile in general, or as a tourism destination. That means that the skaters get sightseeing and hospitality at a level that's not really done with other shows. With many shows, they're there to rehearse and perform, while with this show, they get to do more than that. It looks like a lot of fun.
    Oh really, I didn't know that. If that's is the main goal then the show must be created by government, not the personal show like ATS

Oh really, I didn't know that. If that's is the main goal then the show must be created by government, not the personal show like ATS
    No, it's a personal show. Just with different goals and a different focus Obviously it also has sponsors, including some that look like governmental/public ones (Expo 2017, the 2017 Winter Universiade - both will be held in Kazakhstan).

Final group number from today's show
    http://vk.com/video-2152302_168770775

+ beautiful group photo of the cast (source)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo6S7VKCcAEAD02.jpg:large

Custom Title
    Very impressive show!! Thanks for sharing clips and videos, everyone!

Custom Title

The rink looks a bit small. That's a original ice rink or specially installed for the show?

I like a song for finale. Can anyone tell me a song's name?

Anything about Carolina?

On the Ice

Thank you .

The rink looks a bit small. That's a original ice rink or specially installed for the show?

I like a song for finale. Can anyone tell me a song's name?
    That is an original ice rink, but several meters of ice have been cut off from three sides for VIP places as told by eyewitnesses. On the one hand, that is a bit of a downside, as such skaters as Carolina and pairs skaters can't skate to their full speed and power in such a small rink, and everyone, especially pairs, must be careful with their jumps and throws. But, of course, for those seated in the VIP places it must be great, as they are on level with the ice .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast