Highest-scoring ladies elements under the IJS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Highest-scoring ladies elements under the IJS

mary01

Final Flight
If you watch the video, the 3Lo is badly under-rotated (though still lovely), it quite possibly would be downgraded to a 2Lo now-a-days. These things just weren't called in the 2007 era.

Really??? too bad it didn't happen like you imagined, it was ratified both then and loong after, here is another amazing 3f-3lo from 2009 Worlds sp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3zNS727dI

This is a treat for the eyes and soul

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If indeed people posted that, they were probably thinking about strategy. There's nothing in the rules to require it.

Yes. I was misreading certain posts. It clearly states in the rules three jump combos are not limited in any way. :slink:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It would only be worth it ifit was done well to get goes so you could do an extra double axel or maybe a double lutz later on to garner a few more points but the gamble is pretty much a deterrent.

Agreed. It's smarter to use the 3-jump combo for a half-loop 3S combo. Doing a 3-3-3 prevents you from doing that.

I think it's incredibly stupid that 1/2 loops don't get any credit starting next year, but the 3F-1/2-3S still counts as a 3-jump combo (for which you only get credit for 2 jumps!)

gkelly

Record Breaker
Agreed, but at least it's better than only getting 80% credit for those 2 jumps.

I think the biggest problem with a three triple jump combo would be Zayak considerations. If you do, say, 3Lz+3T+3T, you have already repeated the 3T and you can't do any other combo that ends in 3T. If you then do a solo 3Lz, now all your allowed repeats are used up and you have to scramble to find something useful to do with the rest of the program.