Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sytycd

Custom Title

Sytycd

I'm starting this thread to discuss So You Think You Can Dance - which starts a new season tonight on FOX! Come join us in this discussion before, during and after the show!

stalking your predictions >:) sunny_stars's Avatar
    Anyone watching the show tonight?
    Also do anyone like what they're trying to do this season? Addition of crews?

Custom Title
    I'll be watching tonight, but don't know what they're doing differently this season. What are they changing?

Custom Title
    azcalder, you mentioned Travis Wall in your other thread. I LOVE him and have followed him since he competed, too. My FAVORITE number that he choreographed has to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA3bXqbw7AU

Was he nominated for that, do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    Anyone watching the show tonight?
    Also do anyone like what they're trying to do this season? Addition of crews?
    I read something about Justin Bieber being there...

ohhh...thats...umm..interesting...

Custom Title
    Please, God, no. Diana, I hope that was a rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by PlaysInTheDirt View Post
    I'll be watching tonight, but don't know what they're doing differently this season. What are they changing?
    They're adding crew performances or maybe let dance crews audition It's quite confusing honestly. It's like they're doing ABCD but with more genres.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    They're adding crew performances or maybe let dance crews audition It's quite confusing honestly. It's like they're doing ABCD but with more genres.
    Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they explain it.

I just know watching Cat "it's all about me" Deeley again will make me like Erin Andrews a bit more than I already do.

oh god...

Why is the dad dancing?!?!?!?!?

Custom Title
    Yeah, that was BAAAAAAD!!! I don't know what was worse, his dancing or the fact that his family was cheering him on.

Custom Title
    That last guy (Trevor?) was AMAZING! I love when they're unique like that.

Custom Title
    Jenna from DWTS (troupe) is also from SYTYCD. She is from Utah-where the second girl who got a ticket is from. Mary Murphy said something to the effect that dancers from Utah are very strong in ballroom and contemporary.

And gees, those dancers are soooooo Gumby flexible. My husband happened to come through and watched one of the guys dance- his reaction was, "well, there would be my groin pull right there!"

So... how many cities do they go to for open auditions? Is that known/the same every year?

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Hello Ladies and Gents!!! I hope that you're all having a nice evening and enjoying SYTYCD!!! I'm super pumped to get to watch another tv show with you all. That being said....my internet at home is not working until the company comes out to repair it tomorrow....so, I'll have to save my commentary for then, sadly...

Anyways, have fun! Can't wait to chat about it here! (I'm at the library now...)

Custom Title
    leesainva, if your hubby was watching the guy who didn't make it, I thought of Gumby when I was watching him, too!!! He was hyper-extending and his body looked just like Gumby at certain points.

I don't know how many cities they go to but they switch it up every year. A lot do come out of Utah, though. It must be big there. Plus the Hough's being from Utah probably has added to the interest of dance there, even though most of their years were spent in England with the Ballas family.

Snowflake, that's annoying, but I look forward to seeing your take on it tomorrow.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast