Sytycd | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sytycd

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So far Krystin's spoiler appears pretty promising. Some of the early stand outs like Megan Marcano, Trevor Bryce, and Franchesca Bass are gone...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, Mary Poppins got the boot!! For some reason Adam Shankman gets on my last nerve, can't explain it, he just does. Whatever happened to Lil' C???

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep - I was disappointed that Marie Poppins didn't do well enough to make top 20, but she definitely wasn't doing well enough. Hopefully, she'll be back next year!

I liked Marquette. He was the one who was Witney Carson's audition partner when he was 16 and during LA days, one of the other contestants thought he was hip hop, instead of ballroom. He did really well during the callback.

Hope ya-ya and silky come back next year, too.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Idk why but it feels awkward seeing Jason Derulo as a guest judge :slink:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm glad they had the top 20 compete in their specialties. They are a strong group. So far, I liked Stanley and Marquette - for whatever reasons, they stood out for me.

I enjoyed the tappers, too. As one who doesn't care for stairs, I was worried that they'd miss and fall. However, they did a really good job at making it smooth.

The ballerinas didn't impress me - haven't viewed a 2nd time. One of them had a bobble, but I don't recall which one.

Overall the guys seemed more memorable than the gals. JMHO.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sytycd-season-11-episode-6/

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm glad they had the top 20 compete in their specialties. They are a strong group. So far, I liked Stanley and Marquette - for whatever reasons, they stood out for me.

I enjoyed the tappers, too. As one who doesn't care for stairs, I was worried that they'd miss and fall. However, they did a really good job at making it smooth.

The ballerinas didn't impress me - haven't viewed a 2nd time. One of them had a bobble, but I don't recall which one.

Overall the guys seemed more memorable than the gals. JMHO.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sytycd-season-11-episode-6/

I agree that guys seem to be more impressive this season. Both Stanley and Marquette were impressive, so was Ricky, who danced the last contemporary program (Sonya's number) with Jessica.

According to Kristyn Burtt, two couples will be sent home at the next show (ouch!), since this season is two weeks shorter than the previous seasons. It means that I am afraid that one of the ballerina and a ballroom girl (most likely Brooklyn) might be the ones leaving. Boys would be harder to predict. Since there are three male ballroom dancers, gosh, one of them might be sent home.:disapp:

Marquette has a huge personality and likability, so he might be safe. Let's also face it: he is the first African American ballroom dancer they've ever had. The producer might want to retain him for inspirational factor to other young and aspiring African American male dancers, even though he might not garner enough fan support (which I doubt - like I mentioned, he's got a huge personality).

I also predict that Serge Onik (the male ballroom dancer of the opening number) would be safe as he has a huge fan base. As I mentioned previously, his mentor is DWTS' Maksim Chmerkovskiy. As part of 'fam,' many of DWTS members such as Maks & Val Chmerkovskiy, Zendaya, Tony Dovorani, Sharna Bergess, Emma Slator Peta Murgatroyd, Henry Byalikov, and even Meryl Davis all were actively pleading via twitters and other SM to vote for him the last week. He is also cute IMHO, and that's never a bad thing ;)

It means Nick Garcia and one of four contemporary guys, possibly Casey Askew and/or Teddy Coffee. Though Teddy is only one of the two hip hop guys, I did not feel he was strong enough on his specialty.

I'll also stick out my neck to predict that both Ricky and Jessica and at least one of the ballroom dancers would make the top 4. The last season they finally had a tap dancer (Aaron) among the top 4, so the producer might want to promote ballroom dancer(s) for this season.

We shall see...

P.S.: I just saw this: https://twitter.com/dizzyfeet/status/486376853330862080
Apparently only two people will be sent home tomorrow.

Sequinedream

Match Penalty
Serge and Carly's contemporary to "Latch" was phenomenal this past week. Definitely the highlight for me. :thumbsup:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was anyone else surprised that Stanley got the boot??

heyang

Record Breaker
Was anyone else surprised that Stanley got the boot??

I was disappointed, but not completely surprised. I guess America didn't care for the phone line routine. Then, Nigel made a point of saying that Stanley didn't follow their notes on engaging his core more in his a dancing this week. Since it was judge's choice who to boot of the lowest 3, Stanley was the one to go.

Also concerned about Marquette - He doesn't stand out as much as earlier.

Sometimes that happens. ... Travis's initial partner Martha during season 2 stood out for a couple of weeks and then lost her energy over the following weeks. You have to continually be a superior dancer (ie. Danny Tidwell) or continually personally charismatic (i.e Benji Schwimmer) or be someone that grows week after week to garner votes. If you start strong and then don't improve, people tend to stop voting.

heyang

Record Breaker
Oh, well.. Marquette is gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually showed up on DWTS at some point.....

At least last week had several excellent performances as compared to previous week.... however, I personally, am not excited about any particular dancer so far this season.

BTW, read that Maks says he's resigning from DWTS as a pro because he says there'ss a lot of talent in the ensemble crew and would like one of them to have the opportunity to step into the spotlight.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ricky has impressed me a lot. I also like Serge.

heyang

Record Breaker
Of the ladies, I feel like Valerie is starting to become a front runner.

I enjoyed most of the routines this week. I can see why Jessica's solo saved her. I loved the all guys and all gals routines at the end. The ladies group # even brought tears to my eyes - they weren't just pretty.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone still watching??

I hope Ricky has a good shot for winning.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think that either Ricky or Zach will win. Ricky has been consistently excellent. Zach has been amazingly versatile. Personally, Ricky irritates me a little bit; so, I have a slight preference for Zach.

The standout routine of the season, for me, was Zach with all-star Amy to Europe After the Rain.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, Ricky irritates me a little bit; so, I have a slight preference for Zach.

:laugh: :laugh: Ricky doesn't irritate me as much as Rudy did until he did his final dance. Benji S. always irritated me and I could never understand why so many people liked him. Ricky gets that puppy dog look but his dancing is excellent so I overlook it. Heyang, is it just one of those things with Ricky???

heyang

Record Breaker
Dee4707;976219 Ricky gets that puppy dog look but his dancing is excellent so I overlook it. Heyang said:
It is the puppy dog looks that irritate me, but Ricky is definitely an excellent dancer and a well deserved Finalist for this season.

I've enjoyed watching Zach's growth on the show from country boy tapper to wonderful versatile performer. Loved his Piano Man performance with Aaron and great solo. He's definitely the best tapper to date on SYTYCD IMHO.

Valerie has a girl next door appeal and has been a strong performer overall, but I think some of the other ladies have been better dancers that lacked her personality. The title is America's FAVORITE dancer, which is many times not always the best dancer.

Jessica is a better dancer than Valerie, but I don't think her edit has given America an impression of her personality.

Overall, I think Ricky is the likely winner and Zach the dark horse. I'd be surprised if either Jessica or Valerie won this season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was a little surprised that Zack was in 4th place. Anyhow, I'm glad that Ricky won, was kinda nervous that Valerie might win.