Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sytycd

Custom Title
    So far Krystin's spoiler appears pretty promising. Some of the early stand outs like Megan Marcano, Trevor Bryce, and Franchesca Bass are gone...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Oh no, Mary Poppins got the boot!! For some reason Adam Shankman gets on my last nerve, can't explain it, he just does. Whatever happened to Lil' C???

Yep - I was disappointed that Marie Poppins didn't do well enough to make top 20, but she definitely wasn't doing well enough. Hopefully, she'll be back next year!

I liked Marquette. He was the one who was Witney Carson's audition partner when he was 16 and during LA days, one of the other contestants thought he was hip hop, instead of ballroom. He did really well during the callback.

Hope ya-ya and silky come back next year, too.

Custom Title
    -Quick preview of tonight's show-

Jason Derulo is a guest performer: https://twitter.com/DANCEonFOX/statu...45573806714881
    Mark Ballas, and his song "Get My Name" will also be featured. https://twitter.com/MarkBallas/statu...45791141834752

Here are your top 20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvDt38MaM24
    And here is the inside scoop on "who would be the stand-outs" according to Kristyn Burtt: http://instagram.com/p/p9js3_A9fO/

Do you agree with Kristyn?

I want to see an albino whale in real life
    Idk why but it feels awkward seeing Jason Derulo as a guest judge

I'm glad they had the top 20 compete in their specialties. They are a strong group. So far, I liked Stanley and Marquette - for whatever reasons, they stood out for me.

I enjoyed the tappers, too. As one who doesn't care for stairs, I was worried that they'd miss and fall. However, they did a really good job at making it smooth.

The ballerinas didn't impress me - haven't viewed a 2nd time. One of them had a bobble, but I don't recall which one.

Overall the guys seemed more memorable than the gals. JMHO.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sytycd-...-11-episode-6/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I'm glad they had the top 20 compete in their specialties. They are a strong group. So far, I liked Stanley and Marquette - for whatever reasons, they stood out for me.

I enjoyed the tappers, too. As one who doesn't care for stairs, I was worried that they'd miss and fall. However, they did a really good job at making it smooth.

The ballerinas didn't impress me - haven't viewed a 2nd time. One of them had a bobble, but I don't recall which one.

Overall the guys seemed more memorable than the gals. JMHO.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sytycd-...-11-episode-6/
    I agree that guys seem to be more impressive this season. Both Stanley and Marquette were impressive, so was Ricky, who danced the last contemporary program (Sonya's number) with Jessica.

According to Kristyn Burtt, two couples will be sent home at the next show (ouch!), since this season is two weeks shorter than the previous seasons. It means that I am afraid that one of the ballerina and a ballroom girl (most likely Brooklyn) might be the ones leaving. Boys would be harder to predict. Since there are three male ballroom dancers, gosh, one of them might be sent home.

Marquette has a huge personality and likability, so he might be safe. Let's also face it: he is the first African American ballroom dancer they've ever had. The producer might want to retain him for inspirational factor to other young and aspiring African American male dancers, even though he might not garner enough fan support (which I doubt - like I mentioned, he's got a huge personality).

I also predict that Serge Onik (the male ballroom dancer of the opening number) would be safe as he has a huge fan base. As I mentioned previously, his mentor is DWTS' Maksim Chmerkovskiy. As part of 'fam,' many of DWTS members such as Maks & Val Chmerkovskiy, Zendaya, Tony Dovorani, Sharna Bergess, Emma Slator Peta Murgatroyd, Henry Byalikov, and even Meryl Davis all were actively pleading via twitters and other SM to vote for him the last week. He is also cute IMHO, and that's never a bad thing

It means Nick Garcia and one of four contemporary guys, possibly Casey Askew and/or Teddy Coffee. Though Teddy is only one of the two hip hop guys, I did not feel he was strong enough on his specialty.

I'll also stick out my neck to predict that both Ricky and Jessica and at least one of the ballroom dancers would make the top 4. The last season they finally had a tap dancer (Aaron) among the top 4, so the producer might want to promote ballroom dancer(s) for this season.

We shall see...

P.S.: I just saw this: https://twitter.com/dizzyfeet/status/486376853330862080
    Apparently only two people will be sent home tomorrow.

Serge and Carly's contemporary to "Latch" was phenomenal this past week. Definitely the highlight for me.

Was anyone else surprised that Stanley got the boot??

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Was anyone else surprised that Stanley got the boot??
    I was disappointed, but not completely surprised. I guess America didn't care for the phone line routine. Then, Nigel made a point of saying that Stanley didn't follow their notes on engaging his core more in his a dancing this week. Since it was judge's choice who to boot of the lowest 3, Stanley was the one to go.

Also concerned about Marquette - He doesn't stand out as much as earlier.

Sometimes that happens. ... Travis's initial partner Martha during season 2 stood out for a couple of weeks and then lost her energy over the following weeks. You have to continually be a superior dancer (ie. Danny Tidwell) or continually personally charismatic (i.e Benji Schwimmer) or be someone that grows week after week to garner votes. If you start strong and then don't improve, people tend to stop voting.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    You have to continually be a superior dancer (ie. Danny Tidwell)
    Heyang, Danny has always been one of my favorites, thanks for bringing up his name.

Oh, well.. Marquette is gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually showed up on DWTS at some point.....

At least last week had several excellent performances as compared to previous week.... however, I personally, am not excited about any particular dancer so far this season.

BTW, read that Maks says he's resigning from DWTS as a pro because he says there'ss a lot of talent in the ensemble crew and would like one of them to have the opportunity to step into the spotlight.

Ricky has impressed me a lot. I also like Serge.

Of the ladies, I feel like Valerie is starting to become a front runner.

I enjoyed most of the routines this week. I can see why Jessica's solo saved her. I loved the all guys and all gals routines at the end. The ladies group # even brought tears to my eyes - they weren't just pretty.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5