Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sytycd

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Heyang, great to see you post. Anyhow, I was hoping someone else thought that about the dancing. I was hoping you or Johar would jump in.
    It's so hard to comment on the auditions sometimes since the editing sometimes shows the judges' reactions more than the audition itself. Sometimes, you see the judges smiling or they make some type of ecstatic sigh and the TV audience has no idea what they are seeing. They also tend to be more about personality. I'm trying to recall how many past top 4's have been featured Prior to Vegas week. I recall winner Melanie Moore's audition.

Read a brief Nigel interview and he commented that more hip hop dancers are coming to the show with some training in other genres, like ballroom.... just an example of how driven some of the dancers are to get on the show and succeed.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I try to skip auditions for all the reality shows.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    So I finalllllly got around to watching last week's episode and in general I found it to be the typical auditions stage of any reality show. There were some people that were not so good and others that were... Overall, I'm more excited for when the real competition begins (as many have said before)! At this point I think it's too early to say much about anyone because honestly it's just auditions....if people don't put their best foot forward for those, then they don't even make it.

Custom Title
    I like the auditions because those moments when you're totally blown away are so memorable to me. But so far this season, I haven't seen anyone in that category.

If you want to see some stunning auditions, go to youtube and look for Audrey Case and Amy Yakima. Audrey's just makes me smile and I can't help but cry every time I watch Amy's.

Maybe I need to wait for someone whose name begins with the letter "A".

So far, this week's audition episode has had some more noteworthy appearances as compared to last week.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    So far, this week's audition episode has had some more noteworthy appearances as compared to last week.
    I think so, too, Heyang. Nobody has really wow'd me, but better than last week, for sure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaysInTheDirt View Post
    I think so, too, Heyang. Nobody has really wow'd me, but better than last week, for sure.
    I found tonight's program interesting, but not enough to stop doing other stuff while I watched. But then again, I usually am not terribly interested in the auditions. I will become more invested once the auditions are over.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I loved the lady dancer from the Joffrey ballet school. I also loved Mary Poppins, she was super and was that FikShun who was dancing with her??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leesainva View Post
    I found tonight's program interesting, but not enough to stop doing other stuff while I watched. But then again, I usually am not terribly interested in the auditions. I will become more invested once the auditions are over.
    Ditto!!!

Really!!! Then did you miss the guy who vomited???

Custom Title
    Really!!! Then did you miss the guy who vomited???
    I did see that, poor guy. In the words of Mary, Murphy, "ugh, I wish I didn't see that." But hey, I have kids, one of whom has a sensitive stomach, so vomit is not that big of a deal to me.

Custom Title
    I did see that, poor guy. In the words of Mary, Murphy, "ugh, I wish I didn't see that." But hey, I have kids, one of whom has a sensitive stomach, so vomit is not that big of a deal to me.
    I just felt bad it was on tv ... poor guy

I loved the lady dancer from the Joffrey ballet school. I also loved Mary Poppins, she was super and was that FikShun who was dancing with her??
    Yes, that was FikShun. He also danced with Cyrus and Legacy and one the auditioners from Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Yes, that was FikShun. He also danced with Cyrus and Legacy and one the auditioners from Kansas.
    I had to leave the room for a while and when I came back in the dance had finished. I did a get a quick glance of Cyrus.

I hope Mary Poppins will be on the show, I thought she was just wonderful, not only as a dancer but in her attitude. I just hope she can do the other dances.

Have you seen the commercial with Jasmine...don't remember what the commercial was about but Jasmine looked spectacular.

I had to leave the room for a while and when I came back in the dance had finished. I did a get a quick glance of Cyrus.

I hope Mary Poppins will be on the show, I thought she was just wonderful, not only as a dancer but in her attitude. I just hope she can do the other dances.

Have you seen the commercial with Jasmine...don't remember what the commercial was about but Jasmine looked spectacular.
    I agree - I thought Mary Poppins was charming.

Yes, I've seen the commercial with Jasmine, but I don't recall the product either.

I believe one of the below links include the hip hop dance off with Cyrus, Legacy and Fik Shun and the one of Mary Poppins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44cUt61M9q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMpSKYEU4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHMmuzPGoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8092-DW1Wc

I also almost forgot about the young lady who is recovering from an eating disorder. So glad, that she got help. Her performance was very moving and Christina Applegate loved it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast