Peizerat & Candeloro for Joint President of the French Federation of Ice Sports? | Golden Skate

Peizerat & Candeloro for Joint President of the French Federation of Ice Sports?

LRK

Record Breaker
Peizerat & Candeloro for Joint President of the French Federation of Ice Sports?

http://www.sport365.fr/autres-sport...eizerat-candeloro-a-presidence-1135456.shtml#

Gwendal Peizerat and Philippe Candeloro have decided to jointly run for president.

From the article (via Googletranslate):

"They will hold a press conference on Friday also. Elections will be held on 20 and 21 June The current president, Didier Gailhaguet, has served since 2007."

So what do people think of their chances of success?

Mattieu

Medalist
http://www.sport365.fr/autres-sport...eizerat-candeloro-a-presidence-1135456.shtml#

Gwendal Peizerat and Philippe Candeloro have decided to jointly run for president.

From the article (via Googletranslate):

"They will hold a press conference on Friday also. Elections will be held on 20 and 21 June The current president, Didier Gailhaguet, has served since 2007."

So what do people think of their chances of success?

Little enough chance with just Gwendal, now with Candelero as well, I'd say zero chance
But miracles can happen, please, please!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I wish them the best! Go guys! What is their chance? I have no idea.. :disapp:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
For a second I thought it was an April Fool's joke...

Article says they're running because France hasn't been able to win any medals in figure skating, short track, or bobsled over the past three Olympics. Or something to that effect.

Well, best wishes to them. This might make things interesting. I wonder what effect it'll have on the French skaters? (Amodio, Aliona + Bruno if they compete for France, Brian if he really goes into pairs).

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Aren't there some massive political issues with Gailhaguet? Like, he has tried to force Papadakis/Cizeron to change coaching situations (and specifically to move outside of France)?

Seems like from the little I know of it (mostly just gleaned through Skating Lesson, I admit!) Peizerat and Candeloro could be a refreshing change...

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know much either, but the little I do know...

Peizerat and Candeloro have one great advantage over Didier Gaihaguet - They aren't Didier Gaihaguet. :)

That is, in my wishing for their success - whether they succeed or not... I suppose at least someone is trying something?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'm personally still thinking Pechalat would be a great fit in a few years, when she's further removed from competition.

But Peizerat? I can see it! I'm not sure how to feel about Candeloro and the whole 'joint running' thing, but I think the two of them would put a much higher value on figure skating and dancing which I would definitely appreciate.

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't know much either, but the little I do know...

Peizerat and Candeloro have one great advantage over Didier Gaihaguet - They aren't Didier Gaihaguet. :)

That is, in my wishing for their success - whether they succeed or not... I suppose at least someone is trying something?

Yes, anyone but Didier.

Not sure about this "joint running" though. I feel that Peizerat would be better off by himself.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah, it's like when the poor Ancient Romans thought that no one could be worse than Tiberius - and then they got... Caligula.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
My best objective guess: whoever votes on that will have their child or dog abducted by Gailhaguet until they vote for him. That's how he works ;)