Beautiful Ice Dance Couples over the years | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Beautiful Ice Dance Couples over the years

You said exactly what I thought :) ....

:agree: I agree with everything you said, haha!!! We have eerily similar tastes and ideas, lol :)

And yes, P/B and G/P are also very attractive couples. And so agreed about Elena - she's just gorgeous in my opinion!

Now if we could have as a couple Meryl Davis and Andrew Poje... :love: They would steam the ice right from under them!

:eek: I have literally never considered this possibility before, but I think you're right!! They would definitely be attractive and could portray some major steam on ice for sure.....(now I'm really curious as to what types of programs someone who can be more daring with sexy/sensual choreography would give them...)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
~ Gotta add Maia and Alex Shibutani to this thread.

... And Tessa Virtue is a beauty but Scott Moir ugh.

Please post a picture of yourself. ;)

~ Thanks, Mathman. :agree:
"Ugh" is how I feel about chuckm's opinion re Moir. :disagree:

To me, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are beautiful both on the inside :bow: and outside -- and both as individuals and as partners. :yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
Talking about the I/K split and how good looking ice dance couple they were, I started to think how many beautiful ice dance couples we have seen over the years. I remember falling in love with figure skating (and ice dance) watching Maia Usova and Alexander Zuhlin. Another striking couple from that era was Marina Klimova and Sergei Ponomarenko. Since then I have appreciated the good looks of Virtue/Moir, Navka/Kostomarov, Krylova/Ovsyannikov and Belbin/Agosto. Who are your favorites??

You mean beautiful as a couple in dancing or beautiful in the sense of good looking only?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I don´t get what´s the point of asking people who do they think they are beautiful and then name calling them and insult them for stading their opinion? :confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don´t get what´s the point of asking people who do they think they are beautiful and then name calling them and insult them for stading their opinion? :confused:

My two cents:
- The title of the thread (not started by me) is "Beautiful Ice Dance Couples."
- If a GS member thinks a skater is less than beautiful for some reason, no need to post criticism of the skater, IMHO. I for one have no desire to see such negativity and mean-spiritedness in the thread.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
My two cents:
- The title of the thread (not started by me) is "Beautiful Ice Dance Couples."
- If a GS member thinks a skater is less than beautiful for some reason, no need to post criticism of the skater, IMHO. I for one have no desire to see such negativity and mean-spiritedness in the thread.

But is ok to be negative and mean to other posters. Standard of behavior and respect should be the same for the skater and for the other poster. If it is not cool to say "x skater is not pretty" is shouldn´t be ok to attack another poster. IMHO.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
But is ok to be negative and mean to other posters. Standard of behavior and respect should be the same for the skater and for the other poster. If it is not cool to say "x skater is not pretty" is shouldn´t be ok to attack another poster. IMHO.

I would say that with their aggressive and provocative posts, some members of GS are setting themselves up for pushback and scolding from others.

And I would note that it is possible to push back without "attacking." :yes:

Mathman, as usual, is a good role model for the rest of us. :bow:
He is a master of using humor to make effective rebuttals. :cool:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I would say that with their aggressive posts, some members of GS are setting themselves up for pushback and scolding from others.

And I would note that it is possible to push back without "attacking." :yes:

Mathman, as usual, is a good role model for the rest of us. :bow:
He is a master of using humor to make effective rebuttals. :cool:

Please post a picture of yourself.

but at least she's not ugly inside, like you xoxo

Both answer were equally offensive in my opinion.

Anyway I will leave it at that, is just that I can´t get disagrement but I don´t like seem people being insulted, no matter if I agree with them or not. Or even if they are rude doesn´t mean that I should act the same as they.

And also, I get jokes, I´m pretty sarcastic myself, but even I like to have limits.

TMC

Record Breaker

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
Davis and White
Virtue and Moir
Belbin and Agosto
Punsulan and Swallow
Anasina and Peizerat (spelling?)
Bourne and Kraatz

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Pechalat and Bourzat are so, so attractive, I think. I find him the best-looking guy currently in figure skating (although I guess I can't really say 'currently in,' because they're retiring). But he really does me in.

I also find Klimova/Ponamarenko very beautiful together. Objectively, I don't know how good-looking I find Sergei, but they had a true sensuality about their skating.

I started googling for current pictures of K/P and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mNvKSdL584

Oh my goodness! How did I not know they had a son?! He's good too! Exciting.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Davis and White
Virtue and Moir
Belbin and Agosto
Punsulan and Swallow
Anassina and Peizerat (spelling?)
Bourne and Kraatz

I like your list. I would add Roca & Sur, Klimova & Ponomorenko, K&O, Gregory & Petukhov, Navarro & Bonmentre, Lang & Tchernyshev ...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Maybe they weren't that attractive off the ice (sometimes hairstyle, clothes didn’t help). But on the ice, when they were dancing, they were gorgeous. I couldn’t take my eyes of them.

At the moment I find Capellini/ Lanotte very attractive.

I kind of hate us discussing this but as said before what the hey. Torvill and Dean's skating was beautiful; physically they really not would fit in the definition of aesthetically pleasing. for some reason and this is shallow, Jane looked old to me and had a scowl. flowy costumes helped but only so much!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I kind of hate us discussing this but as said before what the hey. Torvill and Dean's skating was beautiful; physically they really not would fit in the definition of aesthetically pleasing. for some reason and this is shallow, Jane looked old to me and had a scowl. flowy costumes helped but only so much!
But Chris was extremely handsome! While Jayne didn't fit the standard definition of beauty, she aged very well. ;)