Charlie White's New Haircut. | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Charlie White's New Haircut.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Have any of you seen Jason's hair when it isn't pulled back that tight? Woooeeee..............it's beyond curly. I can't even imagine what he'd do with it if it was cut. One large bush. IIRC he was told to either cut it short or put it in a ponytail because it was distracting when he was skating.

He is so fuzzy! Mine does that too when I've been on the ice, but to a lesser extent obviously. I wouldn't say it's curly, but it's certainly wavy.

i do think he folds it which really suggests excessive hair.

I've seen you mention that a couple of times as though it's some cardinal sin. Jason does not fold his ponytail. It is as long as it looks.

One of his many interviews before the Olympics saw him pull his ponytail out during it, and his hair is roughly just below shoulder-length.

:rofl: OMG, I'm dying! This comment seriously made my night. Like soooo funny. And the more I imagine it, the more I sort of want to see it...

Oh, I am entirely serious. ;)

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh, I am entirely serious. ;)

I'm with you here :yes:

It's been 12 years since the last big LOTR skate, and that one involved no costume/hair effects whatsoever.

I think we, as fans, are due.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Wow, he looks like a different person. It'll take some getting used to, like when Adam Rippon cut his hair one season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Erm....I'm not sure what to say. :unsure: I don't really care to get into this conversation...this thread was nice and light-hearted, so yeah...

For the record, I was just talking hair, not artistry. Like strictly these boys' manes - imo, Charlie and Gwendal have nice hair. :yes:

Sometimes you can be too light :) it is amazing there is even a thread dedicated to this but since you guys brought it up I was just noting that for some reason in respect to image people try to use what they have - looks, body, hair, flexibility, personality whatever.

I strongly suspect we will have more frivolous or "light" (very light) or very "let's make a topic out of anything" threads until the new season starts. Pretty soon it will be about skaters pets :)

Sometimes you can be too light :) it is amazing there is even a thread dedicated to this but since you guys brought it up I was just noting that for some reason in respect to image people try to use what they have - looks, body, hair, flexibility, personality whatever.

Mainly I just didn't want to start a debate in this thread that I really have no desire to debate with you. :) I don't agree with your sentiments about their hair, but I don't find it worth my time to discuss it. Simply put, it's hair. I don't think they're using their hair to make up for anything or as proof of their artistry. You do - and you're entitled to your sentiment.....I just find it too petty to debate in the manner you wanted to - it's hair.

And like yourself, I was just a poster in this thread - so we're both falling under the "you guys" category. I would agree with you that people do "use what they have" to their benefit; and I'd hope they would. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
He has always had it cut in the summer, but I suspect the Puffs folks insisted on Charlie having it styled before that barrage of interviews.

concorde

Medalist
I am sad to see it go.

Seriously - How many people (men and women) have hair like that?! And I mean that in a very positive way. If your got it, flaunt it!

slider11

Medalist
I think this is Tanith's influence to make Charlie look a little older. She is a cougar, after all.... It's ok, different, kinda Mad Men looking (early 60s). It is just hair and it grows.

jcoates

Medalist
I think this is Tanith's influence to make Charlie look a little older. She is a cougar, after all.... It's ok, different, kinda Mad Men looking (early 60s). It is just hair and it grows.

She's 3 1/2 years older than Charlie. Hardley a cougar by any definition. Age differences that small only matter in high school.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
She's 3 1/2 years older than Charlie. Hardley a cougar by any definition. Age differences that small only matter in high school.

For those who like such slang, "puma" would be a better term in this case, I think??
But I agree that as long as two adults are happy together, their ages do not matter.

And as long as Charlie White's big laugh remains intact, I'm fine with any hairstyle that he chooses. :yes:
And BTW, I am sucker for photos of skaters and their pets. ;)