Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Charlie White's New Haircut.

Custom Title
    Not enough fullness on his right side to balance things out imo.

still fangirling for Toller... el henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    His hair's twitter tweeted Ow after the cut. Jason's ponytail, which also has a twitter acount, worries whether it is next on the block.

Charlie always cuts his hair for the summer. It hasn't made the news in previous years, though.
    I love when Charlie's curls and Jason's ponytail have a Twitter smackdown. Love the curls much better, but as a child of the 60s70s, I'm still loving a man with long hair

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I know I am in the minority but it isn't a good calling card and it doesn't flatter his features - maybe if worn not pulled back so tight?
    I think it does suit Jason's face - but would probably suit him better if it wasn't pulled back so tight, I agree. But that's kind of a moot point since even with how tight he wears it he still gets stray wisps every now and again, so anything looser and he'd have hair all over the place.

Besides, I'm still hanging out for the LOTR/Hobbit program with the hair in elven braids. He could do it.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Besides, I'm still hanging out for the LOTR/Hobbit program with the hair in elven braids. He could do it.
    OMG, I'm dying! This comment seriously made my night. Like soooo funny. And the more I imagine it, the more I sort of want to see it...

Custom Title
    Have any of you seen Jason's hair when it isn't pulled back that tight? Woooeeee..............it's beyond curly. I can't even imagine what he'd do with it if it was cut. One large bush. IIRC he was told to either cut it short or put it in a ponytail because it was distracting when he was skating.

Custom Title
    This is slightly off topic but since Jason's hair has also been brought into it.... Does everyone remember Gwendal's? I don't even like long hair on guys like at all....but Charlie and Gwendal wear it soooo well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    This is slightly off topic but since Jason's hair has also been brought into it.... Does everyone remember Gwendal's? I don't even like long hair on guys like at all....but Charlie and Gwendal wear it soooo well.
    Charlie and Gwendal used their hair as excuse the pun as artistic extensions - sometimes to make up for lack of innate artistry. jason is an artist but hair is pulled so tight and really doesn't do much - it's long and in a ponytail - not really hair with a purpose other than hanging there and i do think he folds it which really suggests excessive hair. he sayhs it is so curly if not frizzy so then cut it short. Only someone who is extremely feature perfect with great bone structure ie that actress Belafone harper I think really can pull off that bald, short hair or slick pony tail look really well. i wonder if we really would think Gwendel was such an artist without that flow of hair. Now Kurt Browning shows he reallyh si a performer and Scott Hamilton though i still have a bit of a "grudge" on Scott because I think he was very lucky to get gold in 1984 = as the rules evolved he wouldn't have won and he was looking a little tired at the end - like time was ticking against him and he was barely hanging on to stay ahead of the new generation - and it was by a fingernail.

Custom Title
    Charlie and Gwendal used their hair.....
    Erm....I'm not sure what to say. I don't really care to get into this conversation...this thread was nice and light-hearted, so yeah...

For the record, I was just talking hair, not artistry. Like strictly these boys' manes - imo, Charlie and Gwendal have nice hair.

Erm....I'm not sure what to say. I don't really care to get into this conversation...this thread was nice and light-hearted, so yeah...

For the record, I was just talking hair, not artistry. Like strictly these boys' manes - imo, Charlie and Gwendal have nice hair.
    ...There's always one that just...has...to....

Oh and I loved Charlie's skating hair, which was boyish and whimsical. I also love his vaca-hair (it's a concept!), which makes him look Hot and Sexy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Have any of you seen Jason's hair when it isn't pulled back that tight? Woooeeee..............it's beyond curly. I can't even imagine what he'd do with it if it was cut. One large bush. IIRC he was told to either cut it short or put it in a ponytail because it was distracting when he was skating.
    He is so fuzzy! Mine does that too when I've been on the ice, but to a lesser extent obviously. I wouldn't say it's curly, but it's certainly wavy.

i do think he folds it which really suggests excessive hair.
    I've seen you mention that a couple of times as though it's some cardinal sin. Jason does not fold his ponytail. It is as long as it looks.

One of his many interviews before the Olympics saw him pull his ponytail out during it, and his hair is roughly just below shoulder-length.

OMG, I'm dying! This comment seriously made my night. Like soooo funny. And the more I imagine it, the more I sort of want to see it...
    Oh, I am entirely serious.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Oh, I am entirely serious.
    I'm with you here

It's been 12 years since the last big LOTR skate, and that one involved no costume/hair effects whatsoever.

I think we, as fans, are due.

Wow, he looks like a different person. It'll take some getting used to, like when Adam Rippon cut his hair one season.

Custom Title

Sometimes you can be too light it is amazing there is even a thread dedicated to this but since you guys brought it up I was just noting that for some reason in respect to image people try to use what they have - looks, body, hair, flexibility, personality whatever.

I strongly suspect we will have more frivolous or "light" (very light) or very "let's make a topic out of anything" threads until the new season starts. Pretty soon it will be about skaters pets

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

There is already a skater's pets thread in Fan Fests.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Skaters/page2

Charlie & Tanith's dog DJ is included, and Meryl's wish to get a puppy soon!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast