Young talented skaters to watch | Golden Skate

Young talented skaters to watch

Alba

Record Breaker
I would like to download videos from some talented young skater, ladies and men, and watch them on my tv.
Now, I have many russian skaters names from the topic that was created. I also know some japanese ladies (not enough and not men) but I would like some more from Japan, China, S.Korea, USA, Canada, Europe etc.

Please list your fav. skater, that you think have potential and possibly their best programs, if you can remember them.

I don't need the video link, I'll do the searching. Just put their names and programs like: SP, LP and the year.

Thanks a lot in advance.
:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris
Best SP: Clair de Lune, 2012 Junior Worlds
Best LP: Schindler's List, 2013 Skate Canada, 2014 US Nationals (and now extended for another year)
Best EX: To Build A Home (2014 Stars on Ice)

Jason Brown
Best SP: Grand Guignol, 2012 Junior Worlds
Best LP: Liebestraume, 2013 Junior Worlds
Best EX: Fly Me To The Moon

Max Aaron (he's only 22, therefore young enough for this list :p )
Best SP: Tron: Legacy, 2013 US Nationals
Best LP: Carmen, 2014 US Nationals (not my favourite, but a great gutsy performance under the biggest pressure of all!)
Best EX: Black Betty

Shotaro Omori
Pretty much everything he did at 2013 Junior Worlds. Also, in spite of the name, he's American.

Lukas Kaugars (USA)
Best SP: La Vie En Rose, 2014 US Nationals (with bonus HAPPYFACE!)
Best LP: I still haven't worked this one out. If you make a decision, let me know.

Brendan Kerry (AUS)
Best SP: Nothing Else Matters, 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy (actually, his Skate DownUnder one was probably better, but no video of that)
Best LP: Gangster Squad, 2013 Nebelhorn Trophy (they scotched it after that :( ) - bonus points for FLAWLESS costuming.

David Kranjec (AUS)
Best SP: Who Wants To Live Forever, 2013 Australian National Championships (you might have to weed this video out of the entire day's video)
Best LP: Night on Bald Mountain (featuring demon!David!), 2013 Skate DownUnder (no video, I think the only video might be 4CCs or Aus Nats)

Jordan Dodds (AUS)
Check out his performances at JGP Lake Placid 2012 as both a man...and a pair!

I don't know there's enough video of the rest of the Dodds boys and Mark Webster. All the Australian boys are great :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks so much karne. You are a treasure.:bow:

I know Brown and Aaron of course. They're seniors for me now and watched the US nationals, but the rest I don't.
I hope there are videos around of Australian Nationals.

Thank you again. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
Jordan Dodds (AUS)
Check out his performances at JGP Lake Placid 2012 as both a man...and a pair!

I don't know there's enough video of the rest of the Dodds boys and Mark Webster. All the Australian boys are great :)

The Dodds family is great. I have no idea how their parents got all their kids to that level. It's hard enough for one kid. Thumbs up for the parents.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks so much karne. You are a treasure.:bow:

I know Brown and Aaron of course. They're seniors for me now and watched the US nationals, but the rest I don't.
I hope there are videos around of Australian Nationals.

Thank you again. :)

For Australian Nationals vids, go to Ice Skating Victoria's Youtube Channel - they still have all the videos up from Nationals. They're in "full day" format - about six hours each -but they include all seven days of Nationals including Adult, Synchro, and every level of singles from Primary to Senior as well as Dance and Pairs in several levels. (Three of the four Dodds brothers pulled double-duty.)

The Dodds family is great. I have no idea how their parents got all their kids to that level. It's hard enough for one kid. Thumbs up for the parents.

And all with such elegant wonderful lines, gorgeous jumps, lovely spins, and they're all such nice polite guys too! (And always, always impeccably dressed!) ;)

(For the curious: there are four. Matthew, Andrew, Jordan, and Ryan. Ryan is still a Junior, and a Novice pair - and also a clockwise turner.)

Alba

Record Breaker
For Australian Nationals vids, go to Ice Skating Victoria's Youtube Channel - they still have all the videos up from Nationals. They're in "full day" format - about six hours each -but they include all seven days of Nationals including Adult, Synchro, and every level of singles from Primary to Senior as well as Dance and Pairs in several levels. (Three of the four Dodds brothers pulled double-duty.)

Thanks. :clap:
I'm completely ignorant about Australian skaters. I'm curious about these brothers you're talking now.

@All: By the way, Novice will be great as well. Any skater you think is good, which is not senior, is fine.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks. :clap:
I'm completely ignorant about Australian skaters. I'm curious about these brothers you're talking now.

@All: By the way, Novice will be great as well. Any skater you think is good, which is not senior, is fine.

Well, the Junior ladies at Nationals were pretty good (Kailani Crane is amazing!). And the Novice ladies at Nationals was INTENSE. After the short program they had three skaters covered by less than a point. :eek:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Deniss Vasiljevs(Latvia)-2014 World juniors both programs
Shoma Uno(Japan)-2014 World juniors. I think he made same mistakes, but he has got great interpretation, especially when you look at his height and age.
Nam Nguyen(Canada)-2014 WJ LP
Michael Christian Martinez(Philippines)-His SP at the olympics was very good, but I don't think it's avalaible on youtube. But you can watch his programs from Nebelhorn Trophy 2014 or maybe WJ 2013.
Adian Pitkeev(Russia)-2014 WJ LP
Boyang Jin(China)-2013 JGP Final LP
I can recommend programs of russian girls, but they are pretty well known. But I can also write their names here. Just say.
Other girls:
Polina Edmunds(USA)-2014 US nationals SP, 2014 worlds LP
Rika Hongo(Japan)-2014 WJ LP
Da Bin Choi(Korea)-2014 WJ LP
So Youn Park(Korea)-2014 worlds LP

Violetti

On the Ice
Two Finnish skaters

Jenni Saarinen SP 2014 (junior worlds, nationals)
She failed her FP at junior worlds so you'd better watch her FP at Finnish nationals December 2013.
She won Finnish nationals and junior ladies at the Nordics.

Ljubov Efimenko
Novice girls at the Nordics 2012 (she won)
I like this program but of course you can find later programs.
She was third at the Nordics 2014 right after Helgessons sisters and I think she was the youngist at the senior ladies.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Da Bin Choi (South Korea) - 2014 Junior Worlds LP
Elizabet Turzynbaeva (Kazahkstan) - 2013 JGP Belarus SP and LP
Hannah Miller (USA) - 2014 US Nationals LP
Barbie Long (USA) - 2014 US Nationals LP (can't seem to find that one on YT unfortunately)
Anthony Ponamarenko and Sarah Feng (USA) - 2013 Skate San Fransciso (both programs), or 2013 Pacific Coast sectionals FD. (Baby Ponamarenko!!!! and he's REALLY good! His partner is also good!)
Marin Honda (Japan) - 2013 Japanese Nationals LP (there may be other better programs for her, please suggest some, anyone!)

Also, check out this fun video of US babies including Polina Edmunds, Anthony Ponamarenko, Sarah Feng, and more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuALpuX8ZjA

Sara

On the Ice
Two Finnish skaters

Jenni Saarinen SP 2014 (junior worlds, nationals)
She failed her FP at junior worlds so you'd better watch her FP at Finnish nationals December 2013.
She won Finnish nationals and junior ladies at the Nordics.

Ljubov Efimenko
Novice girls at the Nordics 2012 (she won)
I like this program but of course you can find later programs.
She was third at the Nordics 2014 right after Helgessons sisters and I think she was the youngist at the senior ladies.

Saarinen SP Junior Worlds 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuBUfcWRfhI
Saarinen FS Nationals 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8etkXgvvg

Efimenko SP JGP Riga 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpvXoe_wRA
Efimenko FS Nationals 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjEBlyyQdyk

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you all. :clap:This is really good because there are so many I didn't even heard of.

@Sophie-Anna:
I can recommend programs of russian girls, but they are pretty well known. But I can also write their names here. Just say

I thought russian girls were all mentioned in their topic, but if you have more please do put them. :)

@ doris: Yep, I'm going to start there to check for some videos. I'll download them and watch on my TV. It seems there is plenty to watch. ;)
I want to do this becaue I would like to go and watch the novice&juniors here in Milan in September.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In dance, definitely watch Hawayek & Baker USA ( their junior Worlds 2014 programs), McNamara & Carpenter USA, their zombie hiphop sd program from 2013, Pang & Edwards CAN 2014 jr. Worlds, Yanovskaia & Mozgov RUS jr. Worlds 2014, and Kim & Minov Korea 2014. I also like Cagla Demirsal and Berk Akalin from TUR but better in 2013.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm not really the type that calls favourites on younger skaters but rather I'm the type that loves cheering for them and appreciates their efforts instead. :)

Here you go:
Kyu-Eun Kim
-SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRf7Hr7zh3o
-FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq9lyJS0D2U

Wakaba Higuchi:
-SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j86IwE-hcR8 (idk if this is for last season or not)
-FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyoMJPHvzYc

More to come...:)

Well, as I said favorites meaning those that you think have potential and talent.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

@Doris: Yeah, I know Hawayek & Baker and the russian couple.
I don't remember very well Kim & Minov, in fact I have to re-watch them quite a while now because someone told me, on I&K split topic, that they think their coaches are very good.

BusyMom

Medalist
I love Starr too. But I think she is already 12 or 13. It will be hard for her to overcome the others. The intermediate and novice in US are very deep fields.

Ai Setoyama is pretty good but I'm not sure she's still in the single discipline. I think she won novice pair this year.