New Pairs Team: Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro | Golden Skate

New Pairs Team: Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro

anyanka

Record Breaker
I just posted this with the press release, seems you beat me by 30 seconds. ;)

Goldenskate forum overlords: is there a way to consolidate the two threads?

sillylionlove

Medalist
Dylan Moscovitch is returning to his roots.

One of the few Toronto-born-and-raised figure skaters currently competing at the highest international level, Moscovitch has found a new pairs partner in Russia, and the nascent team will skate out of Toronto Cricket Club for pairs maestro Lee Barkell and Hamilton Skating Club coach Bryce Davison.

Once her Canadian visa is arranged Moscovitch will partner with Lubov Iliushechkina, a 22-year-old from Moscow who trained in St. Petersburg and won the 2009 world junior championship with Nodari Maisuradze. They broke up in March 2012 and Iliushechkina had hoped to skate for France lst year but a proposed pairing fell through.

Thank you sillylionlove!!!! :) Gosh, ice dance and pairs just keep on shaping up to be more and more interesting this coming season! Wishing them both all of the best....and eagerly awaiting this season for sure!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So Dylan found a partner about the same age as Kristen, who does not seem to mind not going to the Olympics since she and Dylan are not of the same nationality.

Best wishes to both new teams. I miss the old MTM but am glad they are both continuing without missing a beat.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thank you sillylionlove!!!! :) Gosh, ice dance and pairs just keep on shaping up to be more and more interesting this coming season! Wishing them both all of the best....and eagerly awaiting this season for sure!

I agree. It's so hard to keep up this season. It's going to be a very interesting year!

charmblade

Final Flight
So if I'm reading the article correctly, they will be skating for Canada, yes? Even though they are both Russian/of Russian ancestry. The last sentence mentions how she is working on getting her visa release from Russia. Seems like a good decision, choosing the more open Canadian pairs field over the Russian field.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Best wishes to both Kristen and Dylan. Partnering with Marinaro doesn't sound like a half-bad idea, but we'll see how it goes next season. I hope Kristen keeps doing the spread eagle out of throws--it's something I noticed about MT/M and it set them apart.

Hmm, Dylan's partnering up with someone Kristen's age? That's a little ironic. I hope they do well. Seems like they'll be skating for Canada, judging by the article ("visa release from Russia").

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It makes way more sense for Moscovitch/Lubov to be a Canadian pair. It's pretty exciting though, if M-T/Mar and Iliu/Mosc do well and give D/R a run for their money... having 3 Canadian pairs would be sensational - it's been ages since we had 3 excellent entries in any discipline. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm sorry but does anyone else keep reading Michael's last name as Marinara?

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but does anyone else keep reading Michael's last name as Marinara?

I kept thinking that.
In related news, I watched a rerun of "The Golden Girls" the other night where they discussed making the perfect Marinara sauce. It's a sign!! :laugh:
In all seriousness, I hope this duo works out well!