Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Top Knot Bun: Not Only Practical But Big Fashion Impact Too

Custom Title
    The other thing, and I could definitely be wrong about this, but don't a lot/most of the elite figure skaters have stylists? We're all making the assumption that bright red lipstick is Gracie's color of choice....maybe she's been told that's what she should wear?

And I'm all for Charlie's hair having it's own hashtag. LOVE the curly mop.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    The other thing, and I could definitely be wrong about this, but don't a lot/most of the elite figure skaters have stylists? We're all making the assumption that bright red lipstick is Gracie's color of choice....maybe she's been told that's what she should wear?

And I'm all for Charlie's hair having it's own hashtag. LOVE the curly mop.
    Long before her CoverGirl contract, Gracie Gold already had given lots of "circumstantial evidence" (IMHO) that bright red was her very own choice ... based on random off-ice selfies and other spontaneous off-ice photos in non-official settings, and based on comments here and there in interviews.

Has Charlie White's hair not had one or more hashtags ... in the days since his new summer 'do, if not before?? (I don't know either way.)
    It already has had at least two Twitter accounts. Dunno whether the perpetrator[s] is/are the same as for the Twitter accounts for Jason's ponytail and Poje's hair.
    (OTOH, I believe that Meryl Davis's hair -- distinctive in its own right -- has been Twitterless so far. Go figure (no pun intended). Mrs. P, correct me if I am wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    This: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1007250...oss-10-ml-tube
    along with a lower braided bun would look lovely on her. And Ashley, for that matter.
    Love this lip color, DS.

Rinkside
    I spent a long time looking at pictures of Gracie trying to figure out why I didn't like her look. It was a classic red lip and a classic top knot on a pretty girl, whyyyyyyyyyy.... do I not like this? I should like this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Gracie's hair or lips individually, but they look too severe when put together with the high collar of the blue dress. If she had kept the lip but loosened or lowered the bun, or kept the high and tight bun but had a more natural lip, it would have looked much softer. I DO think her eyebrows are too dark if she's going to be a light blond. Also, if her roots had not been so obvious the look would have gelled better. (Aside: Gracie had more important things to worry about, but I'm honestly flummoxed that Cover Girl didn't do anything about that. I know they're a makeup and not a hair company, but hair and makeup play off each other and you don't want your spokesperson going on international TV looking anything less than shiny penny polished.)

I liked Radionova's bun because it was a little too large- it looked off kilter and spunky, which matched the wild costume she was wearing.

Ashley rocked the hell out of that high ponytail in the SP, but I felt the bun in the LP elongated her already long face. It was a good choice to wear it loose.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffledgrouse View Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with Gracie's hair or lips individually, but they look too severe when put together with the high collar of the blue dress.
    Spot on! I kept thinking it was just the dress that made her look too old, but you're absolutely right that the real culprit was the combination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3